Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 611141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladders - Useful but a Hazard to Public?

Default Re: Ladders - Useful but a Hazard to Public?

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    The place i see getting out of hand should be Ready,Light,Action sub forum.

This comment is really good. One page, all of the same event. How nice.

this thread got revived. i guess theres no right or wrong to whether we can use the ladder or not. and i believe its a public area. they can do whatever they like. unless the authorities state that you CANNOT bring ladder.

the public can always sit down at the side to watch the show. they need not be at the front with the photographers.

so if they want to stand behind and watch, i believe theres nothing we can do either. i believe theres ALOT of spaces for them to sit down or stand too.

a ladder is like a car's reverse sensor. u may or may not use it. depends on user. but some feel safer. the authorities didnt say no either.

so when the authorities didnt say anything why bother anyway.not as if theres only one viewing angle for the public ? whats with the big hoo-ha about the ladders anyway. i find it normal.

and the "idea" to have something "good" for them is realli childish.
    (actually, its better to not point at people. because u will have 4 fingers pointing back at you)

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    this thread got revived. i guess theres no right or wrong to whether we can use the ladder or not. and i believe its a public area. they can do whatever they like. unless the authorities state that you CANNOT bring ladder.

the public can always sit down at the side to watch the show. they need not be at the front with the photographers.

so if they want to stand behind and watch, i believe theres nothing we can do either. i believe theres ALOT of spaces for them to sit down or stand too.

a ladder is like a car's reverse sensor. u may or may not use it. depends on user. but some feel safer. the authorities didnt say no either.

so when the authorities didnt say anything why bother anyway.not as if theres only one viewing angle for the public ? whats with the big hoo-ha about the ladders anyway. i find it normal.

(actually, its better to not point at people. because u will have 4 fingers pointing back at you)

Suprise meeting you, glenn!

I think the organiser should have a system to allow photographers to register themselves for the shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by redstone
    Suprise meeting you, glenn!

I think the organiser should have a system to allow photographers to register themselves for the shoot?
    nahz. too troublesome to register. sounds too official.

best solution. organiser sit down and watch while we take pictures of their models. both sides also happy. their work get appreciated. we got to enjoy our hobby.

Deregistered

You posted for the sake of posting eh?

This thread is not about can or cannot use ladder. We're just imploring those that are using to be more considerate for others who aren't, and for those who want to watch the show and are blocked.

So if use a seat booster in the cinema, infront of you, then you can jolly well sit at the aisle floor and watch the movie, ya?

The following reply is considered irresponsible, and unthoughtful for others. So you mean to say that when one wants to do something, they do not need to think about consquences for others?

So similarly, if I want to watch the show, I can go and topple others infront on the ladder because there's so many other place they can setup their ladder and shoot. Convenience yourself at the expense of inconveniencing others is ?

Don't reply and try to be so smart and righteous/fair. You didn't even understand the thread and the purpose of it. If you need to reply, reply to context and think before you reply.

Put yourself in others shoes. If you want to see a performance, some people stand right up so tall infront of you, and then you shift yourself to see the performance, is that considered responsible and thoughtful for others?

Last edited by espn; 13th March 2006 at 07:52 PM.

All dun shoot ...

Best ...

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    You posted for the sake of posting eh?

This thread is not about can or cannot use ladder. We're just imploring those that are using to be more considerate for others who aren't, and for those who want to watch the show and are blocked.

So if use a seat booster in the cinema, infront of you, then you can jolly well sit at the aisle floor and watch the movie, ya?

The following reply is considered irresponsible, and unthoughtful for others. So you mean to say that when one wants to do something, they do not need to think about consquences for others?

So similarly, if I want to watch the show, I can go and topple others infront on the ladder because there's so many other place they can setup their ladder and shoot. Convenience yourself at the expense of inconveniencing others is ?

Don't reply and try to be so smart and righteous/fair. You didn't even understand the thread and the purpose of it. If you need to reply, reply to context and think before you reply.

Put yourself in others shoes. If you want to see a performance, some people stand right up so tall infront of you, and then you shift yourself to see the performance, is that considered responsible and thoughtful for others?

talking about being considerate ..I guess the thread starter and yourself must be very considerate, otherwise why to point out other people being inconsiderate ?
    Last edited by zcf; 13th March 2006 at 10:24 PM.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman77
    All dun shoot ...

Best ...
    Best, ClubSNAP close down, no more MTL BBB safe money
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Quote Originally Posted by zcf
    ahahah ... Happy happy lar ..

Winner got no prize ... what the point ...

y? u closing CS down ah?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    y? u closing CS down ah?
    me small fly where got power to close CS down , just that lately got so many ban ban ban voice, instead of Buy Buy Buy?
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

me small fly where got power to close CS down , just that lately got so many ban ban ban voice, instead of Buy Buy Buy?
    haiz...

No power then say for what?

haiz...

Hi my frd .... Good Lens good Camera taht why got good Pic ..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman77
    Hi my frd .... Good Lens good Camera taht why got good Pic ..
    long time no see, my friend!!
    haha

got go shoot such events? with ladders?
    need good camera with good sensor to get good results too!

Aiyah Bottom line. YES..those using ladders can be more considerate and thoughtful.
    But if they dont want theres also nothing anyone can do.

I come first I setup ladder I GET to shoot lor..u jolly well stand behind...or u find a taller ladder..or you push me down lor.. aint it.

How would i feel if i wanted to watch and i got blocked?...well if i wanted to watch that performence Hell alot. I would have brought a ladder and go there early early to book space.

End of story.

long time no see, my friend!!
    haha

got go shoot such events? with ladders?
    need good camera with good sensor to get good results too!
    Nope ... Quit shooting at that hight ..

Now shooting while i m Riding ... Better fun ... :P

Quote Originally Posted by acidbyte
    I was at Raffles City doing some shoe shopping. THen i noticed a crowd, so i was curious and walk over to take a look, so saw lots of photographers all geared up (some with ladders at almost the front row), 85% of the so call spectators are there with either a video camera or digital camera ready to shoot. There i was standing next to a few tourists and they too were trying to get a view but was blocked by mostly cameras with their flash strobeframe or those on the ladders. THere was a old lady next to me on wheelchair coudn't see a thing, so she kindly ask one of them on ladder to move aside, the guy just ignored her then she moved on to the other side, there was another guy with a tripod and video camera, he, too, ignored her. She gave up and went off while some of the public crowd (w/o cameras) and tourist were kinda pissed off when they were all blocked becoz basically at almost in the front, were some guys on ladder happily shooting not thinking of the others. As i wasn't shooting, i, too, understand as a member of public, the fustration of not being able to see the performance. At around 7pm+, i came back then those ladders and camera men are still there, shooting. At the end of the show, i was walking passed, i overheard a group of people walking to complain to the organisers that the people on ladders are just blocking everyone behind, and the tone wasn't very pleased.

The point is, i don't understand is why can't those with ladders just stand behind so that the members of public who are there to watch it are able to do so. I saw a parent trying to calm his kid down because even carrrying him up, the view was still being blocked. I pity the poor parent.

I couldn't helped it but to take photos of these "ugly" Singaporeans. See for yourselves and judge. I am not out to flamed or make enemies, but just hope those photographers be more considerate.

forgive me for saying this.

but if i see such things i will probably kick the ladder ACCIDENTALLY. such people simply have no respect for others, so why should we for them?

Best one here,
    LG1 , ask his friend LG2, who came late, to sqeeze inbetween me and LG1. Problem is, LG1, standing on his ladder while asking LG2 to sqeeze in, doesnt move an inch, but , manage to sqeeze into where I place my bag. Talking abt squeezing in......

Nice friend LG2 have.

Quote Originally Posted by eow
    The whole thing start due to the wheel chair incident......just a deed of a single photog and it started the whole blaming game.....

Ya, maybe all cos by the old lady with wheel chair! and the person who start this thread.
    And will be endless, if this thread still open.
    Canon EOS 1DmkII,
    Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8L, SEKONIC L-758D, Zoom H4n

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 611141516171821 ... LastLast