Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 510131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladders - Useful but a Hazard to Public?

Default Re: Ladders - Useful but a Hazard to Public?

I have some comments of using ladder on the event (fashion show ....).
    There's no right or wrong using ladder on the event, yes i'm the one who using ladder on the event...What you can do if someone using ladder on the event? you shove him or shove them LG at clubsnap here for what? have you seen someone kill in using ladder on event shoot in singapore? yes... no ? About selfish.. if you miss the bus mean, the bus driver are selfish not waiting for you? same thing on your job, life. Why you all try to act like you are very good, kind, care someone cant see the show... If someone ask you for the space, how you reply? give them the space you are standing at or ask them go away? one word for you ( If you lol all lol together, if you cry you cry alone) Dont shove me LG or something......if you win what you get? one more thing to say ( DONT EAT YOUR WORD dont let me see you using ladder on event ) i will post your photo in this page.btw the pic soft
    Just a comment dont take-it so hard..
    Canon EOS 1DmkII,
    Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8L, SEKONIC L-758D, Zoom H4n

More pesky ladders at the Fashion Show at Marina Square earlier in the night...

Some chaps apparently love to assume that being a photographer, grants them the right to obstruct the audience behind him or her.If you don't have the requisite connections to shoot in the VIP area, then just too bad.Don't assuage this shortcoming by thinking that your art is a multi-purpose entry pass into any crowd.It shames the rest of us who believe in the maxim of minimal disruption of our shooting environment.

These fellows have placed the practice of their art above the right of the audience to enjoy the show.It's one of those cyclical tragedies which Chekov might have approved wholeheartedly.

Save some stage manners.They are in danger of extinction.
    Last edited by LazerLordz; 11th March 2006 at 03:19 AM.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz
    ...It's one of those cyclical tragedies which Chekov might have approved wholeheartedly....
    Somehow my mind is thinking of Star Trek when you mentioned Chekov....

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    Somehow my mind is thinking of Star Trek when you mentioned Chekov....
    Heh.FYI, I was referring to Anton Chekov.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by V one R
    I have some comments of using ladder on the event (fashion show ....).
    There's no right or wrong using ladder on the event, yes i'm the one who using ladder on the event...What you can do if someone using ladder on the event? you shove him or shove them LG at clubsnap here for what? have you seen someone kill in using ladder on event shoot in singapore? yes... no ? About selfish.. if you miss the bus mean, the bus driver are selfish not waiting for you? same thing on your job, life. Why you all try to act like you are very good, kind, care someone cant see the show... If someone ask you for the space, how you reply? give them the space you are standing at or ask them go away? one word for you ( If you lol all lol together, if you cry you cry alone) Dont shove me LG or something......if you win what you get? one more thing to say ( DONT EAT YOUR WORD dont let me see you using ladder on event ) i will post your photo in this page.btw the pic soft
    Just a comment dont take-it so hard..
    one thing ..

i guess WE never say cannot use LG at photo shoot .. just go one side.

That is all we ask .

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz
    More pesky ladders at the Fashion Show at Marina Square earlier in the night...

Some chaps apparently love to assume that being a photographer, grants them the right to obstruct the audience behind him or her.If you don't have the requisite connections to shoot in the VIP area, then just too bad.Don't assuage this shortcoming by thinking that your art is a multi-purpose entry pass into any crowd.It shames the rest of us who believe in the maxim of minimal disruption of our shooting environment.

These fellows have placed the practice of their art above the right of the audience to enjoy the show.It's one of those cyclical tragedies which Chekov might have approved wholeheartedly.

Save some stage manners.They are in danger of extinction.
    As usual, they don't learn.
    mOi bLoG - "i bLoG, dO yOu?"

One suggestion is to allow photographers to register themselves.

Who wants to shoot, contact the organiser, who will, work with the photographers to allocate spots for them to shoot from.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by acidbyte
    They are the pros.. next time I'll walk with ice cream and go oops into their clothes, shorts. How about packets of ketchups?

Today I walk past the place and saw them too.

Deregistered

Hmmm... let's have a meet up and let's do something 'good'

Riddle Me THis Riddle Me THat, HoW mAny TiMEs CaN OnE fALL oFF a LaDDeR? HAHAHAHAHA
    mOi bLoG - "i bLoG, dO yOu?"

Deregistered

Riddle Me THis Riddle Me THat, HoW mAny TiMEs CaN OnE fALL oFF a LaDDeR? HAHAHAHAHA
    I still remember the last time during maxim shoot what happened

The whole thing start due to the wheel chair incident......just a deed of a single photog and it started the whole blaming game.....
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

I think there's no wrong or right here???? maybe someone can contact the organizer next time before hand so those shooting can enter the area...just settle for a nice spot to shoot from, dont have to clowd like mad dogs together too?? Shooting like that does not looks enjoying to me, looks like there's no tmr???

I believe all the photographers wanted was to get some nice pics, i think its time to shoot in a more polite way...
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Ai yah,ladder block people no good mah.If you go watch movie then the guy in front stand up watch,do you feel good?

Also nowadays people like to bring daddy out when posting photos,if cannot accept critics why bother to post.Want others to allow your pics when they are really cannot make it meh?
    Now want to help others improve also scare wait bring daddy out lor.

The prob is the whole thing start cos of a thread regarding the inconsiderate photogs blocking the old lady in the wheel chair and tourists during the spring in the city show..

Do u know most went one hr earlier before the start of the show ?
    they took the position long before the start of the show...some of them actually gave way to the public (especially the ladder equipped photogs)
    The prob began when the actual show start and the public begin to flock to the stage to see what happening....in the midst of action most of them would concentrate on the action already....
    worst of all
    The one who block the old lady keep silent..while the rest of the guys being branded as lg/ls gang...and now even got suggestion doing some good 'deed'

I somehow think that it's easy to say ban this or that because it doesn't concern them much.

I have no idea how it degrade until purposely make fun of people post, even the person may not use ladder at all
    This is getting out of hand.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

ya.. i also think its getting out of hand..............
    everyone starting to point fingers at everyone else.........
    where the main pblm is about using ladders in the front row... (guess for ladder users, try not to to occupy the first few rows)

actually.. there are alot of photographers who have also went to an event early to ensure they got the front row space.. in the end.. everyone else at the back is being blocked too.
    Then are they at fault as well ?

at the end of the day.. everyone who has shot in such events b4 have one way or another blocked someone else also.. so lets not b too quick to point fingers at each other..
    just enjoy the shoot and try to get as many good pics as u can..

The place i see getting out of hand should be Ready,Light,Action sub forum.
    Also discussed before is that getting there early doesn't mean you can block people,why not just forget about the ladder since good shots can also be achieve without a ladder.
    Drudkh no use ladder but his shots also .
    If official photographer then i no words say but just for hobby,is it really die die must shoot at eye level without concern for people watching?

Make Peace not war Bro...
    Neither am i a ladder user...
    the problem all kena being blamed/demonised for something they never did...while the other keep quiet.
    as abt blocking the public.....they were there as on ad hoc basic ..only gathering in number when the show only started...it not as if we the photogs start bashing in ..swing our lens..flashing our flashlight to drive off the public....
    Last edited by eow; 13th March 2006 at 01:47 AM.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 510131415161720 ... LastLast