Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 27101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladders - Useful but a Hazard to Public?

Default Re: Ladders - Useful but a Hazard to Public?

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    We not against people using ladders... but against people who are in the FRONT and use ladders...
    Yeah, I know...
    Crazy buggers.... think they eat glass for meals.

Think best to post mugshots.

Maybe under portraits or action, lights....

You can title it....
    "LG wall spotted! Identify the nicks!"

Today seem quite well behaved leh..
    Except the 2 kids, gatecrash...

Question Re: Ladders - Useful but a Hazard to Public?

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Today seem quite well behaved leh..
    Except the 2 kids, gatecrash...

hmmm..that is strange. This is not the usual practice of the LG gang. I wonder why... So different from the other days when there are performances. BUt still can see one "outstanding" chap.

I see some familar faces....hehehehehehe...

Guess the kids couldn't manage to squeeze in between them but they are just kids and curious and just wanna see what is going on.
    Last edited by acidbyte; 11th January 2006 at 01:01 AM.
    mOi bLoG - "i bLoG, dO yOu?"

Well if they keep bringing ladders, it's just sooner or later the building management will put a stop to it.

Hope to see this more often. Ladders should only be use when you are at the back end and not in the front row. Sure to kena banned if the so called "Ladder Gang" keeps hogging the limelight.

Dear Acidbite

Talking about ugly photographer. Just want to share with you about one incident.

Last year during the F1 Powerboat event at Marina. While I was shooting, you suddenly keep moving backward about 3 to 4 steps toward my direction and step on my feet.

At that moment, I thought you will quickly apologize but to my disappointment, you just looked at me as though I am in the wrong and still stepping on my feet. Knowing that you got no intention to move away your feet, I told you to finish your shots first.

After you finished your machine guys shots for a few sec, you just walks away without even any apologize and behave as though I am nobody.

Anyway, just hope that photographers could be more considerate.

Thank you
    Last edited by DarkForce; 11th January 2006 at 01:06 AM.
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    Dear Acidbite

Talking about ugly photographer. Just want to share with you about one incident.

Last year during the F1 Powerboat event at Marina. While I was shooting, you suddenly keep moving backward about 3 to 4 steps toward my direction and step on my feet.

At that moment, I thought you will quickly apologize but to my disappointment, you just looked at me as though I am in the wrong and still stepping on my feet. Knowing that you got no intention to move away your feet, I told you to finish your shots first.

After you finished your machine guys shots for a few sec, you just walks away without even any apologize and behave as though I am nobody.

Anyway, just hope that photographers could be more considerate.

Thank you
    Ooops..sorry, Chris, didn't realised it. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by acidbyte; 11th January 2006 at 01:08 AM.

Let the photographer who never sinned before, casts the first camera.

Quote Originally Posted by acidbyte
    Ooops..sorry, Chris, didn't realised it. Sorry about that.
    Well, think you must be quite a blur person. You step on my feet, you then stop moving back , you then look at my feet, you then look at me and still not aware of it ?

Anyway I am here not to create any war , just want to express how I feel about that incident.

By the way, don't have next time already cos I will make it a point to stand at least 10 meters away if I happen to see you outside

Regards.
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Quote Originally Posted by Yezrah
    Let the photographer who never sinned before, casts the first camera.
    I almost wanted to say that I'll be waiting to catch whatever cams that was casted... but
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Well, think you must be quite a blur person. You step on my feet, you then stop moving back , you then look at my feet, you then look at me and still not aware of it ?

Anyway I am here not to create any war , just want to express how I feel about that incident.

By the way, don't have next time already cos I will make it a point to stand at least 10 meters away if I happen to see you outside

Regards.

hahahahaha...no problem.

Deregistered

Regards.
    DF, I not trying to create war here, but if you remember such an incident vividly and recall it now, that incident must have meant something to you because if it was me, it would have meant that I want to get back at that somebody... I would call it grudges. You should have been upfront with AB there and then and not dig it up only now... no offence la... just my heartfelt feeling.

Btw, I do see ONE familiar faces in today's shot.

Oh another thing, cannot makan with you liao, I no longer working at that place already, working somewhere further now.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    I almost wanted to say that I'll be waiting to catch whatever cams that was casted... but
    Cast me a 1DMkII can?

Regards.
    Chill dude

okie fRENs, how about let's call it a night and have a good night rest, it's another working day later in the day. YO, DF, no hard feelings.

I'm heading to bed liaos......both user and notebook going to hibernation mode liaos.

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Cast me a 1DMkII can?

hahahaha..knew a post like that will pop up. hahahaha..so you will be looking up for falling cameras instead of the stage performance. hahahaha..

....hmmm..imagine seeing a dude with a huge net running around....
    Last edited by acidbyte; 11th January 2006 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    Nah, most if not all photographers sinned one way or another. Hence, I seriously doubt the prospect of flying cameras under normal circumstances.
    Last edited by Yezrah; 11th January 2006 at 01:38 AM.

Nah, most if not all photographers sinned one way or another. Hence, I seriously doubt the prospect of flying cameras under normal circunstances.
    I'll be the first to be there if there is

Nah, most if not all photographers sinned one way or another. Hence, I seriously doubt the prospect of flying cameras under normal circumstances.
    You'll never know... never underestimate a S'porean.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by acidbyte
    ...maybe a "temporary" ban would be good and let the management re-evaluate the situation whether to allow photographers to shoot at certain public performances.
    "Temporary" ban on ladders or photography? You haven't made yourself clear in your statement. For one thing, I am definitely advocating against the usage of ladders at such events. There are all sorts of photographers out there, 'good' as well as 'bad'. The more considerate photogs will set up their ladders generally behind the majority of the crowd. Of course, a few inconsiderate ones will just plant their ladders anywhere they please, regardless of crowd etc. So this would create a 'ripple' effect, the photogs behind on ladders will find their view being blocked and thus will tend to shift nearer to the stage, and then result in a 'wall' blocking some of the general public's view.

I do not think it is fair to have a blanket ban on photography at such free events, be it fashion shows, cultural performances or what have you. This is a free for all show, for everyone to view and enjoy, and some people would definitely want to use their handphone cam, digicam, P&S cam, video cam to record the event for posterity if they want to. The management of the shopping centre would have to employ extra security guards/workers to run around yelling at people not to shoot the performance. Do you think the general public would be happy at being told to put away their handphones or cameras? The crowd would be lesser as a result. I remember one weekend fashion show at Paragon which totally banned any types of photography, handphone cams included, as a result the crowd was quite small.

I think the presence of photographers in the crowd definitely add to the "glamour" factor of the event and will attract more onlookers, certainly the organisers of such events would like to attract as many people to view the show as possible. Sometmes such events are organised in conjunction with stalls or booths in the vicinity selling products or services, and this would also help in pulling the crowds in and indirectly boost sales for the shops and stalls in the shopping centre itself.

In short, I think a 'blanket' ban on photography at these kind of events is unfeasible and will not work. The root cause of the problem is not just ladders, but inconsiderate and 'ugly' photographers, just these few 'black sheep' and it seems that you are indirectly pointing the finger at all photographers who shoot at such events, regardless of whether they are on ladders or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    "Temporary" ban on ladders or photography? You haven't made yourself clear in your statement. For one thing, I am definitely advocating against the usage of ladders at such events. There are all sorts of photographers out there, 'good' as well as 'bad'. The more considerate photogs will set up their ladders generally behind the majority of the crowd. Of course, a few inconsiderate ones will just plant their ladders anywhere they please, regardless of crowd etc. So this would create a 'ripple' effect, the photogs behind on ladders will find their view being blocked and thus will tend to shift nearer to the stage, and then result in a 'wall' blocking some of the general public's view.

I do not think it is fair to have a blanket ban on photography at such free events, be it fashion shows, cultural performances or what have you. This is a free for all show, for everyone to view and enjoy, and some people would definitely want to use their handphone cam, digicam, P&S cam, video cam to record the event for posterity if they want to. The management of the shopping centre would have to employ extra security guards/workers to run around yelling at people not to shoot the performance. Do you think the general public would be happy at being told to put away their handphones or cameras? The crowd would be lesser as a result. I remember one weekend fashion show at Paragon which totally banned any types of photography, handphone cams included, as a result the crowd was quite small.

I think the presence of photographers in the crowd definitely add to the "glamour" factor of the event and will attract more onlookers, certainly the organisers of such events would like to attract as many people to view the show as possible. Sometmes such events are organised in conjunction with stalls or booths in the vicinity selling products or services, and this would also help in pulling the crowds in and indirectly boost sales for the shops and stalls in the shopping centre itself.

In short, I think a 'blanket' ban on photography at these kind of events is unfeasible and will not work. The root cause of the problem is not just ladders, but inconsiderate and 'ugly' photographers, just these few 'black sheep' and it seems that you are indirectly pointing the finger at all photographers who shoot at such events, regardless of whether they are on ladders or not.

well said.......... ultimately.. the thread is about photographers who use ladders in the front .. and not about photographers etc etc.. think if we read back the few pages.. there is a slight digression liao.......

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 27101112131417 ... LastLast