Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladders - Useful but a Hazard to Public?

Default Re: Ladders - Useful but a Hazard to Public?

Quote Originally Posted by acidbyte
    ...maybe a "temporary" ban would be good and let the management re-evaluate the situation whether to allow photographers to shoot at certain public performances.
    tink they'll juz convinently ban all photography.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Deregistered

Good good... ban all..

First to ban chewing gum, First to ban photography, I want to see if we'll be the first to ban ciggarettes

come to think of it, I saw the LG in Tokyo too~ should have flashed his picture there and then

Quote Originally Posted by rebbot
    come to think of it, I saw the LG in Tokyo too~ should have flashed his picture there and then
    You mean they have gone international?!
    mOi bLoG - "i bLoG, dO yOu?"

If the case gets any worst, I will invite some of my media friends to make a news out it in order to get some attention from all the management of all buildings in Singapore. In Singapore any small little problem like this will cause a great commotion in news circle.

So guys, please be considered. Thanks

Well, that's in Tokyo. So it will not interfere with what is happening over here.

hahaah yeah except most of them have this badge that reads "Reporter" in chinese

I don't see why there is a need to ban ladder if it is not obstructing the public, it's not the ladder fault
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Quote Originally Posted by idor
    hmmm.... just wondering hor.. why no one dare to try the ladder stunt at national stadium or any of the stadium during football match har?
    No pretty babe mah ....

Quote Originally Posted by zcf
    I don't see why there is a need to ban ladder if it is not obstructing the public, it's not the ladder fault
    it is the photographer's misuse of the ladder...
    It is no bodies fault. Just that Singaporeans are know to be complain kings and queens. by using ladder that way, they are obstructing everyone's view and chances of looking at the perfomances. So the crowd buay song, complain and in the end photographers suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Good good... ban all..

First to ban chewing gum, First to ban photography, I want to see if we'll be the first to ban ciggarettes
    yeah ...BAN all cameras....

next time when all shoot with HP only...
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Quote Originally Posted by GENO
    yeah ...BAN all cameras....

next time when all shoot with HP only...
    Yeah .. ... let's start a MO for K750i HP!

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Yeah .. ... let's start a MO for K750i HP!
    W800 or W900?? listen to music at the same time?
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

hmm....
    interesting thread......
    banning of ladders ? i think dun have to go to that extremes rite ?
    ultimately.. the main complaint is about photographers using ladders at the front row.. not about photographers using ladders per se..
    but thinking about it.. even if ladders are banned, but people (regardless of photographers or not) still went to 'book' the first few rows of a perfomrance, wouldn't that also block everybody's view ?
    Ban photographers ? i think that would result in a decline in crowds (if its a normal fashion show n not the appearance of some artiste, or a major event like the SFW etc), which is the last thing that the managment wants. Besides.. banning photograhers mean no PnS cams, no cam phones, not jus DSLR users.. By then, u will c another thread starting saying that these places are so unfriendly etc etc....
    Ultimately, u cant please everybody.. ladder gang or not.. as long as pple using ladders dun stand right in the front row, that is good enuff........

Quote Originally Posted by Will03
    hmm....
    interesting thread......
    ultimately.. the main complaint is about photographers using ladders at the front row.. not about photographers using ladders per se..
    but thinking about it.. even if ladders are banned, but people (regardless of photographers or not) still went to 'book' the first few rows of a perfomrance, wouldn't that also block everybody's view ?
    Ban photographers ? i think that would result in a decline in crowds (if its a normal fashion show n not the appearance of some artiste, or a major event like the SFW etc), which is the last thing that the managment wants. Besides.. banning photograhers mean no PnS cams, no cam phones, not jus DSLR users.. By then, u will c another thread starting saying that these places are so unfriendly etc etc....
    Ultimately, u cant please everybody.. ladder gang or not.. as long as pple using ladders dun stand right in the front row, that is good enuff........

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Good good... ban all..

I thought Butan had banned selling cigarettes already
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

The simple thing in my opinion is to have zones

Zone for viewing inclusive of mobile phone cams, zone for photographers without ladder, another zone behind for photographers using ladder. No photographers allowed to take pictures outside the appropriate zones, else get fine.

Best right? Make SG a fine-r city...

Actually, there is nothing wrong with using ladders. Before ladders, media photogs used hard cases to stand on when they are late for an event and do not have a good spot to shoot. Its used to shoot over the heads of those in front. Its a good piece of equipment to have - a ladder or a hard case to clear the obstructions. Internationally, you'd see all kinds of stuff photogs use to stand on. Hard cases, ladders, chairs, cargo cases used to keep their equipment. When you got a job to do, just do it.

Of couse, refusing a wheelchair bound person is the other extreme. What's wrong with giving way to a disabled person??

So... don't make a mountain out of a molehill but do be considerate if you are only shooting leisurely....

Don't be a nuisance and kill the golden goose.... I hate to see photography earning a bad name in Spore....

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    Actually, there is nothing wrong with using ladders. Before ladders, media photogs used hard cases to stand on when they are late for an event and do not have a good spot to shoot. Its used to shoot over the heads of those in front. Its a good piece of equipment to have - a ladder or a hard case to clear the obstructions. Internationally, you'd see all kinds of stuff photogs use to stand on. Hard cases, ladders, chairs, cargo cases used to keep their equipment. When you got a job to do, just do it.

Of couse, refusing a wheelchair bound person is the other extreme. What's wrong with giving way to a disabled person??

So... don't make a mountain out of a molehill but do be considerate if you are only shooting leisurely....

Don't be a nuisance and kill the golden goose.... I hate to see photography earning a bad name in Spore....
    We not against people using ladders... but against people who are in the FRONT and use ladders...

Arrow Re: Ladders - Useful but a Hazard to Public?

Quote Originally Posted by Will03
    hmm....
    interesting thread......

yeap, strongly agree to the point marked in BOLD.

Just like you ban chewing gum, still got bring in, so just prevent lor. For this case, management may just have to just take a walk down the front rows to make sure photographers are not on ladders obstructing the view then let the show begin. THen all will be happy.
    Last edited by acidbyte; 11th January 2006 at 12:26 AM.
    mOi bLoG - "i bLoG, dO yOu?"

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast