Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5891011121520 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladders - Useful but a Hazard to Public?

Default Re: Ladders - Useful but a Hazard to Public?

Ai ya same lah. If a father with a child on his shoulder stand in front, are you all going to ban the father? Haha just a joke

Lucky I have no buy my ladder

Think ladder is most useful when you are at the back of the crowd rather than in front.

Got money and planning to buy one but just too lazy to carry it out..
    So at the end, never buy..

Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Funny though...this ladder phenomenon only started in recent times...abt a year back when ppl started getting ladders for stage event, funnily enough the phenomenon was spawned around Lunar New Year period at the same location...Raffles City. I wonder who was the one who started it first and who inspired others to bring their own ladders......
    Actually the ladder phenomenon started way beyond a year. I know who started it and I am not going to name names. But even the individual that started using ladders, that person was really gentlemen /gentlewomenly about it. Knowing that he would be able to get eye level shots, he went to stand way back and let others stand in front of him to either view or shoot the event. And yes, it was really in the earlier part of the year that the phenomenon started.

Wah.. this thread is really Long.. i got tired reading half way through... anyway.. my hk friend told me that this ladder thingy happened long time ago in hk, so it could well be 'copied' from there.

Ok, on a serious note.. i guess it is not difficult for the organiser to mark out a section for all photographers with ladder ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by agape01
    Actually the ladder phenomenon started way beyond a year. I know who started it and I am not going to name names. But even the individual that started using ladders, that person was really gentlemen /gentlewomenly about it. Knowing that he would be able to get eye level shots, he went to stand way back and let others stand in front of him to either view or shoot the event. And yes, it was really in the earlier part of the year that the phenomenon started.
    well..bascially they go until where, spoil market until where lor....and the ladder struck at the S.H.E event at Marina.....not surprising.
    mOi bLoG - "i bLoG, dO yOu?"

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by acidbyte
    well..bascially they go until where, spoil market until where lor....and the ladder struck at the S.H.E event at Marina.....not surprising.
    Did you whip out the thumbtacks + rubber bands?

arming with a camera doesn't make you have the right to do something like this, it is really photo-beng, inconsiderable beng.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Did you whip out the thumbtacks + rubber bands?
    Don't talk about it..pissed off ah..was standing there happily for almost an hour then SOMEONE spoil market then i had to move out of my place and shot nothing in the end.

Don't talk about it..pissed off ah..was standing there happily for almost an hour then SOMEONE spoil market then i had to move out of my place and shot nothing in the end.
    upz for u, man of principles

hmmm.... just wondering hor.. why no one dare to try the ladder stunt at national stadium or any of the stadium during football match har?

Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Yah. Erect "wall" also no use. The SHE fanclub will bring giant banners and posters anyways.

The only solution? Either join them...queue up overnite, buy their album, masquerade as SHE fans etc....den when before you reach the stage, pull out your DLSR and L lens and flash pack from your backpack and start machine gunning them.
    And why do you wanna do this???? For sake of just taking their pix? For what?

Quote Originally Posted by oeyvind
    And why do you wanna do this???? For sake of just taking their pix? For what?
    As if they are able to sell their pictures for $1000 per copy.

cool That is one way to make extra $, Ladder Rental Booth.
    Need to put IC or not?

Anyway, people may still choose to bring their own ladders instead of renting from you lorz...

Quote Originally Posted by idor
    hmmm.... just wondering hor.. why no one dare to try the ladder stunt at national stadium or any of the stadium during football match har?
    Cos there's no need to...?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyftk
    Need to put IC or not?

Anyway, people may still choose to bring their own ladders instead of renting from you lorz...
    when photogs start to erect the wall with their own ladders, members of the public interested to enjoy the performance can come and rent higher ladders to go above the zealous photogs

at the end, everyone will be standing on ladders ... get the picture?

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    when photogs start to erect the wall with their own ladders, members of the public interested to enjoy the performance can come and rent higher ladders to go above the zealous photogs

at the end, everyone will be standing on ladders ... get the picture?
    hmmm..then in the end might as well, just take the escalator to go higher floors with binos for viewers.

I am going to write in to all the shopping complexes Management to ban ladders.

This is the best possible solution. No more bickering on who is right is wrong.

If everyone is selfish, then best is not to use any ladders.

In fact this is a good thread to show to them as well.

Not to created a flame but please be considered to all photographers. The management of most shopping complexes are lenient to let us shoot without any permission. Do you all want the management to ban photographers?

So how about it?
    Last edited by Pro Image; 10th January 2006 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    I am going to write in to all the shopping complexes Management to ban ladders.

This is the best possible solution. No more bickering on who is right is wrong.

If everyone is selfish, then best is not to use any ladders.

In fact this is a good thread to show to them as well.

Not to created a flame but please be considered to all photographers. The management of most shopping complexes are lenient to let us shoot without any permission. Do you all want the management to ban photographers?

So how about it?
    Yeah, this is a most sensible thing said so far. Many of the contributions are merely talking coq and singing song. Or else it gives us photogs a bad name to be considered a big nuisances to all public performances.

Or another solution is to provide chairs for like 100 people to sit and photogs to be behind the chairs - everybody get their share of the show. Or the worst thing that could happen would be that photography is banned entirely on all public performances.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

...maybe a "temporary" ban would be good and let the management re-evaluate the situation whether to allow photographers to shoot at certain public performances.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5891011121520 ... LastLast