Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which shaver do you use???

Default Re: Which shaver do you use???

Quote Originally Posted by danster
    I'm using a Braun (straight foil) but thinking of changing to a Philips (round head) cos I thought using a round head can save time...but now you're saying it has less shaving area? does it mean I'll taking LONGER to shave?

The blades of the round heads are only at the outer ring of the heads...

The entire foil of foil shavers is the cutting surface....

Actually I not sure too....

Quote Originally Posted by reno77
    I use the Mach-3 Power too. I think alot of women will like the shaver *hint* *hint*
    That shaver model is cater for men. Did you make a mistake ?

use aftershave?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by danster
    I'm using a Braun (straight foil) but thinking of changing to a Philips (round head) cos I thought using a round head can save time...but now you're saying it has less shaving area? does it mean I'll taking LONGER to shave?
    Was at Plaza Sing Best listening to a salesman at the counter....
    He commented weak points of round head shavers:
    - the straight foil types uses foil to cut so they cut very close, whereas round type, they use the blades beneath the foil to cut. Hence round type cant cut as close due to the foil thickness
    - round type difficult to cut...needs repeative circular motion
    - extremely difficult to cut the moustache area as not much space for you do do circular motion
    He mentioned that round type is more suitable for foreigners, not suitable for asians... cant remember why.
    Anyway i am also not sure if everything he said is true
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

I bought a pair of good quality Solingen tweezers to pluck my chin hairs so that I don't need to shave for at least 2 weeks.

I also got Mach3 and some Philishave thing.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

i used both Philips & Braun before

Philips round type the sahve is not as close as Braun, but the feeling while shaving is shiok, more shiok then the Braun.

Now using Braun, will continue using Braun

What are advantages of round head?

More durable?

Have used both too but find the round type better.
    Both will shave as close. Not sure about the battery type but I have been using their rechargable ones. Also Braun foil may break at times and cut but not the Philips ones.
    Comparing Braun's 360 complete 8995 against Philips Smarttouch XL 9190 (both top of the line) side by side the Braun's is no match for comfort and feel. On top of that the Philips is totally waterproof and easy to clean thus does not require the auto clean. Note that Philips model does also comes with autoclean attachement but is not sold in Singapore, only in Europe. Only problem with Philips is their after sales service which sucks big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeowww
    i used both Philips & Braun before

Philips round type the sahve is not as close as Braun, but the feeling while shaving is shiok, more shiok then the Braun.

Now using Braun, will continue using Braun

i tried both braun and phillips, using braun foil type, yes it does gives u a clsoer shave, however the round type by phillips is more comfortable on the skin.
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

been using philips all the while, all below $100. but quite hard to find a good shaver with only 2 round head. those highend shavers are 3-head

i think almost all philips shavers can wash under tap

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis
    Have used both too but find the round type better.
    Both will shave as close. Not sure about the battery type but I have been using their rechargable ones. Also Braun foil may break at times and cut but not the Philips ones.
    Comparing Braun's 360 complete 8995 against Philips Smarttouch XL 9190 (both top of the line) side by side the Braun's is no match for comfort and feel. On top of that the Philips is totally waterproof and easy to clean thus does not require the auto clean. Note that Philips model does also comes with autoclean attachement but is not sold in Singapore, only in Europe. Only problem with Philips is their after sales service which sucks big time.
    yes, the philips ones are easier to clean. as for Braun foil breaking, never occurred to me at all (keeping fingers crossed)

also, when using the philips, i took a longer time to finish shaving... maybe bcos its the shiok feeling thats why..

as for me, Braun still offer a closer shave

but recently (before Xmas), Braun has been rather aggressive in their promo in departmental stores...

gilette sensor exel

Quote Originally Posted by Yeowww
    yes, the philips ones are easier to clean. as for Braun foil breaking, never occurred to me at all (keeping fingers crossed)

also, when using the philips, i took a longer time to finish shaving... maybe bcos its the shiok feeling thats why..

as for me, Braun still offer a closer shave

but recently (before Xmas), Braun has been rather aggressive in their promo in departmental stores...
    Yes, I bought my Braun Activator 8595 at only S$229 during the promo...normal price is over S$400!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12