Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Tribute to our Stadium

  1. #1

    Default Tribute to our Stadium

    These were my first attempts on BW photography with a Nikon FM2. I started learning photography since middle of last year and have always had a special interest in BWs.

    Pls feel free to give comments...I have much to learn

    Forgotten Shelter


    Eleven


    Guardian Angel


    Rows of Emptiness...


    Thank you!!!
    Last edited by roygoh; 10th January 2006 at 05:02 AM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Tribute to our Stadium

    ok, the pictures can't be seen. Can someone tell me how to add pictures to posts? I added the URL links to my flickr after clicking the "insert image" button...

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Newcastle (UK)
    Posts
    192

    Default Re: Tribute to our Stadium

    U have to host it somewhere, I think flikr does not allow you to connect to your photos from outside.
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerhappie
    ok, the pictures can't be seen. Can someone tell me how to add pictures to posts? I added the URL links to my flickr after clicking the "insert image" button...

  4. #4
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: Tribute to our Stadium

    is the stadium still accessible now?


  5. #5

    Default Re: Tribute to our Stadium

    singdude, thanks! I have posted it on clubsnap gallery too. Does that work? Is it just cutting and pasting the URL in the window for "insert image"?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Tribute to our Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    is the stadium still accessible now?

    Hi there
    Yes, I go there almost every week..

  7. #7

    Default Re: Tribute to our Stadium

    Ok, here are the pics again, hope it works...

    Forgotten Shelter


    Guardian Angel


    On Your Mark


    Curtain Call


    43rd seat


    Please comments!! *grin*

  8. #8
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: Tribute to our Stadium

    i like the last pic.


  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Tribute to our Stadium

    your pics look pretty alright. some interesting composition. for #4 i don't think the vignetting contributes. i don't know what you are trying to say with the last picture, quite meaningless without any info on why this image is important as a tribute to Kallang Stadium.

    lastly, do read the Critique Corner posting guidelines

  10. #10

    Default Re: Tribute to our Stadium

    Yes I agree, they do not contribute to anything... Actually they weren't intended. It came about as a result of the lens hood. Only realised after I developed the pictures. The camera is a hand-me-down you see...

    OOps, didn't know about the limit on number of pictures. Will post only one next time. Sorry! :P

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Tribute to our Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by triggerhappie
    Yes I agree, they do not contribute to anything... Actually they weren't intended. It came about as a result of the lens hood. Only realised after I developed the pictures. The camera is a hand-me-down you see...
    i see, be careful next time round then



    Quote Originally Posted by triggerhappie
    OOps, didn't know about the limit on number of pictures. Will post only one next time. Sorry! :P
    yup there's a limit, critique is not easy work, needless to say a good critique. it'll probably take a couple of paragraphs to have a full critique on all your pictures. so by choosing only the best picture you want to be critiqued upon, you do yourself and prospective crits a favour for being more focussed, and bring the discussion deeper.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    cockroach-infested parsee lees
    Posts
    1,328

    Default Re: Tribute to our Stadium

    interesting.. someone with a similar nick and also with a leaning towards b&w..
    ok, here goes:
    pic 1: more of the roof would be nice, too much sky. also a polariser would bring out the clouds instead of it looking patchy
    pic 2: this shot would be better in colour, i think. drain cover also cuts away the pic, would be better to shoot from a higher angle or wait till the maintenance guy trims a "deeper" section of the field, so the drain cover is not in the pic
    pic 3: track marking splits pic vertically. would be better if taken within the lane, the converging lane markings would also be more interesting. you won't run ON a lane marking afterall, right?
    pic 4: intersting, pity about the lens hood..
    pic 5: NICE! perhaps can try with a slightly smaller apperture so bg isn't so blown out.

    Many are culled, few are chosen

  13. #13

    Default Re: Tribute to our Stadium

    Thank you Trigger Happy!!

    Will take note of what you said... But didn't know a polarising filter can increase contrast in the sky..? I've always thought its meant to cut out light reflection from water surfaces...

  14. #14

    Default Re: Tribute to our Stadium

    I notice u managed to get camera into the stadium. I was stopped wen i tried to do tat n end up just takin the exterior only. sighhh

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    cockroach-infested parsee lees
    Posts
    1,328

    Default Re: Tribute to our Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by triggerhappie
    Thank you Trigger Happy!!

    Will take note of what you said... But didn't know a polarising filter can increase contrast in the sky..? I've always thought its meant to cut out light reflection from water surfaces...
    try it, it basically cuts out the glare.
    Many are culled, few are chosen

  16. #16

    Default Re: Tribute to our Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by AdyH
    I notice u managed to get camera into the stadium. I was stopped wen i tried to do tat n end up just takin the exterior only. sighhh

    Hi there,

    I didn't know I wasn't allowed to take photos in the stadium...no one stopped me...
    Now that so many people have said the same thing, I won't dare go back again!


  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    cockroach-infested parsee lees
    Posts
    1,328

    Default Re: Tribute to our Stadium

    i think one trait of a successful photographer is being thick-skinned. i'm not sure if there are any codes of ethics out there, aside from not being a social pariah (e.g. snapping away at a stranger's funeral and calling it art). i've shot in mrt stations, even at station control, and as long as no one has an issue (read: no one IN AUTHORITY for public places) i will just be, trigger happy. if challenged then stop. i used to be concerned about breaching possible rules, but well, why speculate? afterall, photography in itself is an art, not an act of terror.
    Many are culled, few are chosen

  18. #18

    Default Re: Tribute to our Stadium

    Some feedback on the use of b&w film. Do try to get hold of some colored filters (yellow, orange, red etc) as these will help to bring out the contrast & colors in your shots. I am still learning to do so myself, and can already see the difference after shooting some rolls. Another option is actually shoot in color film and then use PS to convert to b&w. Try this and really see yr b&w shots pop.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    India~SNG~HKG~dunno where..
    Posts
    317

    Default Re: Tribute to our Stadium

    could you share the aperture size/focal length/shutter speed for the last shot "43rd street"

    thanks in advance

  20. #20

    Default Re: Tribute to our Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Happy
    i think one trait of a successful photographer is being thick-skinned. i'm not sure if there are any codes of ethics out there, aside from not being a social pariah (e.g. snapping away at a stranger's funeral and calling it art). i've shot in mrt stations, even at station control, and as long as no one has an issue (read: no one IN AUTHORITY for public places) i will just be, trigger happy. if challenged then stop. i used to be concerned about breaching possible rules, but well, why speculate? afterall, photography in itself is an art, not an act of terror.
    Well I guess all things need training...even being thick skinned needs perfection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •