Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 28th Jan Outdoor Shoot - Bell & Sherrie

Default 28th Jan Outdoor Shoot - Bell & Sherrie

Yep, it's my first attempt at organising a shoot so forgive me if I overlook anything...

Date: 28-01-2006 (Sat)

Time: 1000hrs - 1500hrs

Theme: Casual / Fun in the sun

Location: Classified (Only released upon confirmation of payment received)

Models: Bell & Sherrie (Pics at the bottom)

Cost: $80 / person (Early bird special: $70)

Target: 6 photographers +1 or 2 max

Payment: Transfer to UOB account 301-372-347-6.

Other: Early bird offer will close on 18th Jan 2006 at 2359hrs

Please make an indication of your identity when making the transfer. I shall not be liable if I cannot identify the origin of payment if insufficient details are provided. Upon successful transfer, please PM or email me at angeloflight_85@hotmail.com, stating the following:

Name
    CS Nick
    Email
    Contact
    Any other form of identification used in the transfer.

Please be advised to retain all transaction receipts in the invent that any discrepencies should arise.

So, sign up quick and hope to see ya there...

Don't critique these pics else I'll knock your head...

Bell

Sherrie

Default Re: 28th Jan Outdoor Shoot - Bell & Sherrie

Where are you intending to shoot? The mid day sun/light will be very unforgiving.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Yup, I second what DP is saying. There are certain hours of the day which you should avoid

Are you planning to sign up? If not just keep your comments to yourself thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by AhV
    Yup, I second what DP is saying. There are certain hours of the day which you should avoid
    Well... Avoid what? Maybe I should clarify that the reason I say outdoor is because it's not a studio shoot. Does that answer your question

DP was saying mid-day sunlight can be less than ideal when shooting outdoor portraits. You might want to clarify on this instead of being defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyftk
    Well... Avoid what? Maybe I should clarify that the reason I say outdoor is because it's not a studio shoot. Does that answer your question

hey dude, dun ve to be so snappy....we know you are organising an outdoor shoot and your first too. We are suggesting to you to re-look at your timing. We are only trying to help. I have done enuff shoots in and out of this forum. If you dun believe us, go and find out why from others ( get a second opinion ) if you think we are out to 'kill' your shoot.

If you still feel strongly about my advice, I will not bother to comment on your shoots anymore. You need to lighten up, dude

Keep shooting !

Not snappy lah... My stoopid touchpad on my laptop screw up lah... So I didn't manage to finish posting...

Anyway, I set the time in this way cos I'm not sure if the guys wanna go out shooting so early. But IF everyone is ok, then I can prob move the time slot forward...

Upz for the afternoon...

jeremy. i appreciate the offer to oragnise an outing for me and sherrie. however, if this is going to be the case, i would rather put up the ad myself. at least i would be polite about it. please take down the pictures. i feel kinda embarrassed. thanks

Deregistered

on the 28th... ... very funnu la... cos @ this point of time whereby we are very busy preparing for our CNY... somemore it's on the eve

1. If you don't know why it's not a good time to shoot at noon, you better search some basic photography books for answers (hint: harsh light)

2. If you are so sensitive, you'd better find another line of hobby/work.

Wai Leong
    ===
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyftk
    Are you planning to sign up? If not just keep your comments to yourself thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bellkua
    jeremy. i appreciate the offer to oragnise an outing for me and sherrie. however, if this is going to be the case, i would rather put up the ad myself. at least i would be polite about it. please take down the pictures. i feel kinda embarrassed. thanks
    This is getting interesting! Am I correct to think that the organiser/Op and the models are on very different pages regarding this shoot?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    This is getting interesting! Am I correct to think that the organiser/Op and the models are on very different pages regarding this shoot?
    not on very different pages. i just think that if he is going to be so rude about it then i rather not do it.

Deregistered

Just a kind note from me, I don't like to comment much but as photographers, if one wants to get the shot, they have to meet the timing, not sleep till late then wake up and get the shot.

After 11, the weather is terrible and I think the other commentors have their comments as food for thought, if people sign up, they adhere to the timings for the sake of everybody, for Bell, for Sherrie, and for themselves + weather.

You definitely WON'T see bird shooters sleep until 10, then go get their shots. They get up as early as 4am or even earlier, just to travel 2 hours to get there to shoot 5mins.

Think about it.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by bellkua
    not on very different pages. i just think that if he is going to be so rude about it then i rather not do it.
    Nevermind... come, shoot with you, 1-1.

hahahaha.. i'm quite amused..

espn.. why so selfish..1 vs 1 only, then the rest of us bros how?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    hahahaha.. i'm quite amused..

espn.. why so selfish..1 vs 1 only, then the rest of us bros how?
    Hehe... sorry... lately been into the 1-1 mood, more quality time + quality shots + time to think before shoot and can do a lot of different things... heehee...

You ownself shoot Jas also bo jio... don't say you lah... lately nikonsiao also.. follow your footsteps liao. So it's time I did too

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Hehe... sorry... lately been into the 1-1 mood, more quality time + quality shots + time to think before shoot and can do a lot of different things... heehee...

You ownself shoot Jas also bo jio... don't say you lah... lately nikonsiao also.. follow your footsteps liao. So it's time I did too
    aiyoh.. dun u know, it's not good to follow bad example.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    aiyoh.. dun u know, it's not good to follow bad example.
    What to do... both are pros, I cannot don't follow, it takes 3 days to turn bad, but 30 years to turn good you know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast