Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: 28th Jan Outdoor Shoot - Bell & Sherrie

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastern Singapore
    Posts
    694

    Default 28th Jan Outdoor Shoot - Bell & Sherrie

    Yep, it's my first attempt at organising a shoot so forgive me if I overlook anything...

    Date: 28-01-2006 (Sat)

    Time: 1000hrs - 1500hrs

    Theme: Casual / Fun in the sun

    Location: Classified (Only released upon confirmation of payment received)

    Models: Bell & Sherrie (Pics at the bottom)

    Cost: $80 / person (Early bird special: $70)

    Target: 6 photographers +1 or 2 max

    Payment: Transfer to UOB account 301-372-347-6.

    Other: Early bird offer will close on 18th Jan 2006 at 2359hrs

    Please make an indication of your identity when making the transfer. I shall not be liable if I cannot identify the origin of payment if insufficient details are provided. Upon successful transfer, please PM or email me at angeloflight_85@hotmail.com, stating the following:

    Name
    CS Nick
    Email
    Contact
    Any other form of identification used in the transfer.


    Please be advised to retain all transaction receipts in the invent that any discrepencies should arise.

    So, sign up quick and hope to see ya there...



    Don't critique these pics else I'll knock your head...

    Bell


    Sherrie



  2. #2

    Default Re: 28th Jan Outdoor Shoot - Bell & Sherrie

    Where are you intending to shoot? The mid day sun/light will be very unforgiving.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northland
    Posts
    2,141

    Default Re: 28th Jan Outdoor Shoot - Bell & Sherrie

    Yup, I second what DP is saying. There are certain hours of the day which you should avoid

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastern Singapore
    Posts
    694

    Default Re: 28th Jan Outdoor Shoot - Bell & Sherrie

    Are you planning to sign up? If not just keep your comments to yourself thank you.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastern Singapore
    Posts
    694

    Default Re: 28th Jan Outdoor Shoot - Bell & Sherrie

    Quote Originally Posted by AhV
    Yup, I second what DP is saying. There are certain hours of the day which you should avoid
    Well... Avoid what? Maybe I should clarify that the reason I say outdoor is because it's not a studio shoot. Does that answer your question

  6. #6

    Default Re: 28th Jan Outdoor Shoot - Bell & Sherrie

    DP was saying mid-day sunlight can be less than ideal when shooting outdoor portraits. You might want to clarify on this instead of being defensive.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northland
    Posts
    2,141

    Default Re: 28th Jan Outdoor Shoot - Bell & Sherrie

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyftk
    Well... Avoid what? Maybe I should clarify that the reason I say outdoor is because it's not a studio shoot. Does that answer your question

    hey dude, dun ve to be so snappy....we know you are organising an outdoor shoot and your first too. We are suggesting to you to re-look at your timing. We are only trying to help. I have done enuff shoots in and out of this forum. If you dun believe us, go and find out why from others ( get a second opinion ) if you think we are out to 'kill' your shoot.

    If you still feel strongly about my advice, I will not bother to comment on your shoots anymore. You need to lighten up, dude

    Keep shooting !

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastern Singapore
    Posts
    694

    Default Re: 28th Jan Outdoor Shoot - Bell & Sherrie

    Not snappy lah... My stoopid touchpad on my laptop screw up lah... So I didn't manage to finish posting...

    Anyway, I set the time in this way cos I'm not sure if the guys wanna go out shooting so early. But IF everyone is ok, then I can prob move the time slot forward...

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastern Singapore
    Posts
    694

    Default Re: 28th Jan Outdoor Shoot - Bell & Sherrie

    Upz for the afternoon...

  10. #10

    Default Re: 28th Jan Outdoor Shoot - Bell & Sherrie

    jeremy. i appreciate the offer to oragnise an outing for me and sherrie. however, if this is going to be the case, i would rather put up the ad myself. at least i would be polite about it. please take down the pictures. i feel kinda embarrassed. thanks

  11. #11
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    707

    Default Re: 28th Jan Outdoor Shoot - Bell & Sherrie

    on the 28th... ... very funnu la... cos @ this point of time whereby we are very busy preparing for our CNY... somemore it's on the eve

  12. #12

    Default Re: 28th Jan Outdoor Shoot - Bell & Sherrie

    1. If you don't know why it's not a good time to shoot at noon, you better search some basic photography books for answers (hint: harsh light)

    2. If you are so sensitive, you'd better find another line of hobby/work.

    Wai Leong
    ===
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyftk
    Are you planning to sign up? If not just keep your comments to yourself thank you.

  13. #13

    Default Re: 28th Jan Outdoor Shoot - Bell & Sherrie

    Quote Originally Posted by bellkua
    jeremy. i appreciate the offer to oragnise an outing for me and sherrie. however, if this is going to be the case, i would rather put up the ad myself. at least i would be polite about it. please take down the pictures. i feel kinda embarrassed. thanks
    This is getting interesting! Am I correct to think that the organiser/Op and the models are on very different pages regarding this shoot?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  14. #14

    Default Re: 28th Jan Outdoor Shoot - Bell & Sherrie

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    This is getting interesting! Am I correct to think that the organiser/Op and the models are on very different pages regarding this shoot?
    not on very different pages. i just think that if he is going to be so rude about it then i rather not do it.

  15. #15
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: 28th Jan Outdoor Shoot - Bell & Sherrie

    Just a kind note from me, I don't like to comment much but as photographers, if one wants to get the shot, they have to meet the timing, not sleep till late then wake up and get the shot.

    After 11, the weather is terrible and I think the other commentors have their comments as food for thought, if people sign up, they adhere to the timings for the sake of everybody, for Bell, for Sherrie, and for themselves + weather.

    You definitely WON'T see bird shooters sleep until 10, then go get their shots. They get up as early as 4am or even earlier, just to travel 2 hours to get there to shoot 5mins.

    Think about it.

  16. #16
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: 28th Jan Outdoor Shoot - Bell & Sherrie

    Quote Originally Posted by bellkua
    not on very different pages. i just think that if he is going to be so rude about it then i rather not do it.
    Nevermind... come, shoot with you, 1-1.

  17. #17
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,485

    Default Re: 28th Jan Outdoor Shoot - Bell & Sherrie

    hahahaha.. i'm quite amused..

    espn.. why so selfish..1 vs 1 only, then the rest of us bros how?

  18. #18
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: 28th Jan Outdoor Shoot - Bell & Sherrie

    Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    hahahaha.. i'm quite amused..

    espn.. why so selfish..1 vs 1 only, then the rest of us bros how?
    Hehe... sorry... lately been into the 1-1 mood, more quality time + quality shots + time to think before shoot and can do a lot of different things... heehee...

    You ownself shoot Jas also bo jio... don't say you lah... lately nikonsiao also.. follow your footsteps liao. So it's time I did too

  19. #19
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,485

    Default Re: 28th Jan Outdoor Shoot - Bell & Sherrie

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Hehe... sorry... lately been into the 1-1 mood, more quality time + quality shots + time to think before shoot and can do a lot of different things... heehee...

    You ownself shoot Jas also bo jio... don't say you lah... lately nikonsiao also.. follow your footsteps liao. So it's time I did too
    aiyoh.. dun u know, it's not good to follow bad example.

  20. #20
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: 28th Jan Outdoor Shoot - Bell & Sherrie

    Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    aiyoh.. dun u know, it's not good to follow bad example.
    What to do... both are pros, I cannot don't follow, it takes 3 days to turn bad, but 30 years to turn good you know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •