Thread: ICC profiles

Talking ICC profiles

recently just added my monitor ICC profile. Using Photoshop 7 as the main image editor. hoping my new 7hi wiff ICC embedded profiles can give me a more accurate image as some of the photos i take will be going for print.

have done the contrast/brightness adjust from "Accurate Image Manipulation" website already. Would u reckon just loading the monitor profile sufficient?

(sorry if it gets too technical)
    Believe it. And it will be so.

u might wanna try finding out wat printer ur lab uses too and try to get the icc profile for that too. if its fuji frontier theres a few icc profiles out there for it.

Originally posted by Mystix
    u might wanna try finding out wat printer ur lab uses too and try to get the icc profile for that too. if its fuji frontier theres a few icc profiles out there for it.
    mmm...u mean i should work in the colour space of my "lab"? actuali abit confusing lorr...see when i open my photoshop would i be working in the ICC profile of my monitor, or the image? and what if i add the printer's ICC profile to the colour space?? what's the final colour space/ICC profile i'm using?

Colour management is far more complex than just loading a profile, sad to say. Take some time to read up on it, it will be time well spent.

Your lab, if it's a good one (and if it's not, find another one), will be able to handle various good ICC profiles.

Originally posted by Jed
    Colour management is far more complex than just loading a profile, sad to say. Take some time to read up on it, it will be time well spent.

Your lab, if it's a good one (and if it's not, find another one), will be able to handle various good ICC profiles.

erm ... any www links ? it all sounds veri confusing leh

Not off hand. Adobe as usual is a good place to start though.