Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 691011

Thread: Dell 24 inch LCD

Default Re: Dell 24 inch LCD

excellent screen. i'm typing on it now.. working with dual 24" output from my laptop.

the colors are good. for those wondering how to set the brightness darker with DVI connection.

use the RGB and bring down everything. start calibrating from the bottom rather than from the top. then you can get around 200Lums.. both my 24" now are 200-210 lums while my internal laptop screen is 170 lums.. my laptop screen is also 1920x1200.

it is also possible to get both screen calibrated with different ICC profile on a PC. you need to DL a program from microsoft. to allow XP to assign ICC profile to individual monitos

2 24" off your laptop ? what is your laptop?
    Nikon 4 & lots of hollow chunky glass

HP NW8240. with advance docking station.

Quote Originally Posted by anka
    excellent screen. i'm typing on it now.. working with dual 24" output from my laptop.

the colors are good. for those wondering how to set the brightness darker with DVI connection.

use the RGB and bring down everything. start calibrating from the bottom rather than from the top. then you can get around 200Lums.. both my 24" now are 200-210 lums while my internal laptop screen is 170 lums.. my laptop screen is also 1920x1200.

it is also possible to get both screen calibrated with different ICC profile on a PC. you need to DL a program from microsoft. to allow XP to assign ICC profile to individual monitos
    Interesting, how you achieve 200cm² of luminance?
    Care to share with us how you achieved that?

I've used the eyeone display to calibrate this LCD,
    the best luminance I can achieved is about 480cm² (ideal is about 400 cm²) with the brightness set to value 0.

I'm using the DVI connection as well.

ok. custom temp to 6500. in imatch3.4
    then in the RGB setting of the imatch3 use the one that allows to control R/G/B rather then temp.

in 2405FPW menu -> color settings -> user preset -> set ALL TO ZERO

then slowly try to increase the R/G/B until 6500 is reach. have all the RGB green line(imatchv3 aligned)

when you are done. you should be getting 200-250

DVI dont allow general brightness reduction. you have to do it via RGB per channel. help this helps..

sorry i cant do screen capture for 2405FPW. i dunno how to SS the OSD of the screen.

also i presume your screen is brandnew

dont worry about it.. it's gonna die off aprrox 20-50 CM2 in about 6 months.

the microsoft color applet can download from here..

--> Microsoft Color Control Panel Applet for Windows XP

also if you calibrate properly. it will exceed sRGB gamut range by 10%. well at least both of mine does..

also if you lower your temp to 6000-5000, your blue area of the gamut will increase.

btw,, having the RGB on the 2405FPW set from the minimal is also good..

when you calibrate.. dont just look at the right side of imatchv3 (gamut palatte)

look at the left also.. the left tells you how stable the colors are.. best if they are all in straight liine.. the 2405FPW IS capable of having almost perfect linear for all RGB.

the the R/G/B bends and doesnt meet at 255/255. then you know that the 2405FPW is pumping alot of power the the channel but still not able to match with the other 2 channels.
    Last edited by anka; 29th January 2006 at 03:33 PM.

too cheem let me know.. will try to make it simpler..

ok. custom temp to 6500. in imatch3.4
    then in the RGB setting of the imatch3 use the one that allows to control R/G/B rather then temp.

in 2405FPW menu -> color settings -> user preset -> set ALL TO ZERO

then slowly try to increase the R/G/B until 6500 is reach. have all the RGB green line(imatchv3 aligned)

when you are done. you should be getting 200-250

DVI dont allow general brightness reduction. you have to do it via RGB per channel. help this helps..

sorry i cant do screen capture for 2405FPW. i dunno how to SS the OSD of the screen.

also i presume your screen is brandnew

dont worry about it.. it's gonna die off aprrox 20-50 CM2 in about 6 months.

the microsoft color applet can download from here..

--> Microsoft Color Control Panel Applet for Windows XP

also if you calibrate properly. it will exceed sRGB gamut range by 10%. well at least both of mine does..
    Thanks, I will try your method.
    Currently, I'm also using the RGB control to calibrate the RGB setting, the LCD is very stable on color, except the brightness which is slightly over.

Quote Originally Posted by Parka
    Just got a 24 inch too!!
    It's amazing! It's breathtaking! It's wide!

Here's my desktop picture which I got from the URL below.
    http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/i...&w=1920&h=1200

Meanwhile, my Dell 20" nonwide has retired to the shelf. Anyone wants to get that from me just PM me. It's going at $850. Bought on 21st Jan 05. 2 more years warranty

eh, i use your picture as my wall paper also ah..

so hard to find 1920x1200 wall paper..

actually i should say abit v.hard to find 3840x1200
    I can almost view 100% the whole image of d2x on my screen.

too cheem let me know.. will try to make it simpler..
    Thanks, I know where I've missed out,
    After re-calibrating the monitor, everything is perfect now.
    Last edited by scanner; 29th January 2006 at 06:23 PM.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by scanner
    Wah PRO never teach me? In case next time I follow your foot steps get 24" then I can look to you for help ma

I am using a 23" Though. LCD TV (High Resolution) from LG.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

haha no worries,

Anyone who has this monitor... have you watched DVDs on it? I read a review that said it wasn't that great - interested in anyone's experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by buckwheat
    Anyone who has this monitor... have you watched DVDs on it? I read a review that said it wasn't that great - interested in anyone's experiences.
    If you can afford, get a big CRT monitor, Plasma TV or flat screen TV to watch DVDs.
    Current consumer grade LCD is still not up to the standard.

However, the Dell 24" LCD is good enough for my post processing work.

If you can afford, get a big CRT monitor, Plasma TV or flat screen TV to watch DVDs.
    Current consumer grade LCD is still not up to the standard.

However, the Dell 24" LCD is good enough for my post processing work.

If I get this it will be for use as a computer screen - but since its nice and big, I was hoping that I could at least watch DVDs... is it no good for this?

If I get this it will be for use as a computer screen - but since its nice and big, I was hoping that I could at least watch DVDs... is it no good for this?
    Not sure if u're interested in other brands, but there's a Samsung SynMaster 244T available right now.. Just that the price is not so interesting at the moment.. it's $2999 nett.

Specs wise is pretty gd would say.. e.g. viewing angle is 178 degrees, 16.7M colour supported, contrast 1000:1, 1920 x 1200 resolution. They oso have a 21" option.

I wouldn't say it is not good, but definitely not as good as a dedicated electrical appliance meant for displaying shows.

The quality difference is great comparing a plasma TV vs. a LCD meant for computer. Hope you get what I mean.

I find watching DVDs on the Dell 24" pretty good.
    But you find the movies pixelated as the DVDs are made for TVs (with resolution 720 by 480 typically). Dell 24" is 1920 by 1200.
    So in this special case, watching DVD on a CRT might be better.

Thanks guys. Since watching DVDs wont be the primary use Im not overly fussed but I want to make sure that I can watch them if I want to...

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 691011