Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Anything to protect the photos?

  1. #1

    Default Anything to protect the photos?

    Hi all,

    to all users who develop photos often, I would like to know if there are any products that can protect pictures from getting dirtied by dust or fingerprint marks?

    I have recently started to develop lots of photos (because of my newly acquired 602) but, in gross effect, they are quite good at collecting dust (and worse, fingerprints). unsightly now, I'm pretty sure they will do more harm in the future. As such, I'm wondering if there are any products that can prevent such hazards.

    tks in advance

  2. #2

    Default

    Interested to know as well. Also where do you guys keep your prints? Is there any special album that makes browsing easier? (For those better photos)

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: Anything to protect the photos?

    Originally posted by JRTerrier
    Hi all,

    to all users who develop photos often, I would like to know if there are any products that can protect pictures from getting dirtied by dust or fingerprint marks?

    I have recently started to develop lots of photos (because of my newly acquired 602) but, in gross effect, they are quite good at collecting dust (and worse, fingerprints). unsightly now, I'm pretty sure they will do more harm in the future. As such, I'm wondering if there are any products that can prevent such hazards.

    tks in advance
    Erm... photo albums?
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  4. #4

    Default

    i use www.clearfile.com and 3 ring binders

  5. #5
    kailord
    Guests

    Default

    what is the price of clearfile plastics?
    and the binders are.. ordinary binders?

  6. #6

    Default

    hmm... maybe i should be more clear. What I wanted to know, is if there is/are any products that can be applied to the photo surface to prevent dust or fingerprint stains from doing harm.... like, maybe spray or something like that to act as a protective layer (if there IS such a product at all).

    However, if there is no such product in the market at all, then this will just be a very silly looking thread.
    Last edited by JRTerrier; 10th November 2002 at 07:55 PM.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Originally posted by erwinx
    i use www.clearfile.com and 3 ring binders
    is there a distributor here in sg? if yes can u kindly provide the details here. thanks

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sgp/China/TW
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Originally posted by JRTerrier
    hmm... maybe i should be more clear. What I wanted to know, is if there is/are any products that can be applied to the photo surface to prevent dust or fingerprint stains from doing harm.... like, maybe spray or something like that to act as a protective layer (if there IS such a product at all).

    However, if there is no such product in the market at all, then this will just be a very silly looking thread.
    there is no product tat protect the photos for as far as i know....but to get rid of it is to use lighter fuel and tissue to give it a wipe.......and thats all.....

  9. #9

    Default

    there are lots of transparent sleeves at CP

    anyone buy those?

    think they're for holding negs and prob photos

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sgp/China/TW
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Originally posted by Juvelyn
    there are lots of transparent sleeves at CP

    anyone buy those?

    think they're for holding negs and prob photos
    u mean the mamiya section???

  11. #11

    Default

    Originally posted by roti


    there is no product tat protect the photos for as far as i know....but to get rid of it is to use lighter fuel and tissue to give it a wipe.......and thats all.....
    thanks for the info, roti. Really appreciate it.

  12. #12

    Default

    you could get those Crystal Clear Acrylic Coating spray or Krylon UV-Resistant Clear.
    Last edited by superhero; 11th November 2002 at 10:32 AM.

  13. #13

    Default

    Originally posted by superhero
    you could get those Crystal Clear Acrylic Coating spray or Krylon UV-Resistant Clear.
    Tks superhero. Btw, where do you think I could get these products? I called Fotog**** but they dun seem to carry either of them.

  14. #14

    Default

    i bought clearfile when i was in the uk from www.7dayshop.com. I like it because its shinier and clearer than some other types I've seen.

    i currently have:

    Spare unopened pack of 6x8 print pages (25 sheets, holds 2 (or 4 if use both sides), 6x8 prints.

    About half pack of A4 size print pages

    About half pack of pages for unmounted negative/slides (warning takes strips of 4) http://www.clearfile.com/online/Format%2010B.htm

    If theres interest, I can sell these spare pages at $0.45 per page so that you can 'try them out' at minimal cost. They have sufficient holes for either 3 or 4 ring binders.

    - collect at next SEED

    [i don't know whether other brands in singapore are cheaper, i'm basing on my uk purchase price. Anyway, I'll probably be in UK next year so can replenish stock ]
    Last edited by erwinx; 11th November 2002 at 11:23 PM.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sgp/China/TW
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Originally posted by JRTerrier

    thanks for the info, roti. Really appreciate it.
    no problem ......

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •