Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Hobbyist Photographers to take pictures of street fashion

Default Re: Need Hobbyist Photographers to take pictures of street fashion

i tink its best to keep the words to yrself if u r not interested and not post tings lik wat the the person can or able pay anot..
    its demoralising to see such post being made.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    Wonder how much is Moo payng per picture. Probably in the peanuts level.

Once again, trying to go cheap thru CS, and the sad thing is, there will be so many wannabes rushing to the cattle call.
    I absolutely do not think such comments are called for. May it be for "peanuts" or a high paying job, I do not understand nor see the need for a such strongly worded post. There is something called tact. You do no favours for yourself by being so caustic.

Yes, there has been instances where there are people who deliberately try to pay peanuts but in this situation, the thread originator has not even stated the fees in details. If she so chooses to only deal privately via PM and another photographer thinks it is worth his or her while to take on this job, i simply do not see it as any business of yours. These "wannabes" need a break and they need some place to start off.

While one can be glad that the welfare of CS photographers are being looked after so vigilantly, I am very disturbed that you choose to do so by being so high handed in your comments.

You may think you are speaking out honestly but I feel sorry that person on the receiving end. This is not a discussion. I am stating my stand on this matter and i hope this will cease.

Thank you.

Wolfgang,
    Moderator.

Note: This thread will be monitored. Should it go too OT, then it will be closed.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

just to emphasize, she did ask for

Need Hobbyist Photographers to take pictures of street fashion
    (indictating tight budget however also integrity to at least pay.)

dont be so mean.

Quote Originally Posted by philliptan
    Probably (and thankfully) it's because there are more good ones here...
    The Good, The Trolls.

We are all but 1 thin line away from being a God or Devil. It all depends on ur perspective and how one see things in perspective.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Ms MooYou are running a business. If you plan to do it this way there are some points you need to be aware of:-1. the young people can object to having their photos displayed on your site - they can do several things ranging from asking you to taken them down, asking also for compensation for using their images in a commercial endevour. 2. if they are photographed in a way that makes them look bad - ie slutty, drug addictiee ect then issues can be come more serious. It could be a case of defamation. I would suggest since you are doing street fashion - to pull some likely youngster aside, offer them some clothes for rights to use their images shot by your photog in the website. A compentent photgrapher would know what needs to be done... one that does not should not dabble in areas where fingers can get burnt. It is not always about amount paid - some times even pro take on projects that meet a goal that they are setting for themselves. It's a win win situation. Example Wee Khim I believe has shot foc for SPCA before but these are normally one off projects and no a regular recurring thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    I absolutely do not think such comments are called for. May it be for "peanuts" or a high paying job, I do not understand nor see the need for a such strongly worded post. There is something called tact. You do no favours for yourself by being so caustic.

Yes, there has been instances where there are people who deliberately try to pay peanuts but in this situation, the thread originator has not even stated the fees in details. If she so chooses to only deal privately via PM and another photographer thinks it is worth his or her while to take on this job, i simply do not see it as any business of yours. These "wannabes" need a break and they need some place to start off.

While one can be glad that the welfare of CS photographers are being looked after so vigilantly, I am very disturbed that you choose to do so by being so high handed in your comments.

You may think you are speaking out honestly but I feel sorry that person on the receiving end. This is not a discussion. I am stating my stand on this matter and i hope this will cease.

Thank you.

Wolfgang,
    Moderator.

Note: This thread will be monitored. Should it go too OT, then it will be closed.
    deadpoet .... see.... u are really disturbing ... always jumping to conclusion

Quote Originally Posted by Quiksilvers
    deadpoet .... see.... u are really disturbing ... always jumping to conclusion
    Quicksilver, as I said in the other thread, whoever you might be, and which ever mask you are hidding behind, always nice to have a personal troll. Any other CSers can claim that someone went through all the trouble to register a nick just to be his/hers troll? Probably not. Q here, all 6 posts todate, were trolling me.

Quicksilver, thank you
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12