View Poll Results: Do you prefer to use a scope or a torchlight?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • scope

13 72.22%
  • torchlight

5 27.78%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finish NS? or still currently in NS. I got a question for you all.

Default Re: Finish NS? or still currently in NS. I got a question for you all.

Never used both during my army daze. Firstly, touch light not allowed, cos light discipline. Scope? M16 got scope meh?

I have only my foresight tip and rear sight to rely on.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

interesting...

why interesting… ?

so i know whether my project is flawed or not....

Eh?? ORD for 10 years lor. Had not been going to the range for shooting for at least 3 years. Only been using M-16, and didn't know that can use scope or torch light. Anyway, as an NS man, I can tell you that it does not matter if you use scope or torchlight. Most importantly is you could see and hit your target. LOL. Consider yourself lucky if you could still shoot straight. I last time, add 2 more marks can get full score. Now I add 2 marks then can pass. Hahaha

Yes, M-16 can come with scope. We call that sharp-shooter scope. Not everyone is issued with it.

All Sar-21 comes with virtually calibration free scope and laser aiming device. Those who used before should know what I am talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo
    Never used both during my army daze. Firstly, touch light not allowed, cos light discipline. Scope? M16 got scope meh?

I have only my foresight tip and rear sight to rely on.

Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    A torchlight is for short range 10-15m but a laser pointer with NVGs are nice too A scope can give u longer aiming dist. SAR 21 is good got scope... i m still using m16s1
    Trust me, you won't want to walk around with a SAR 21. It's heavy.

touchlight only good for blinding the enemy temporarily 2-3 secs of use otherwise your position will be given away, scope is virtually useless for CQC, better to use front pin and rear sight to pinpoint a target, wouldnt night vision be a more sensible option for CQC at night? Also the old m-16 was a terrible weapon, the new one is ok, but still to heavy for ns, singapore should prehaps decide to go with something lighter, much easier on the troops. I still prefer the SA-80 by far though, it is an awesome weapon to use, not too heavy, minimal recoil easy to strip and clean and rairly jams.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123