View Poll Results: Do you prefer to use a scope or a torchlight?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • scope

13 72.22%
  • torchlight

5 27.78%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finish NS? or still currently in NS. I got a question for you all.

Default Finish NS? or still currently in NS. I got a question for you all.

NS men are now equipped with the M16 rifles right?

I got a question, do you prefer to use a scope to aim or a torchlight? and why?
    Last edited by Joel Lyn; 5th January 2006 at 02:08 PM.

Default Re: Finish NS? or still currently in NS. I got a question for you all.

Not sure about scope and torchlight, but I used the foresight tip and rear sight to aim.

I would prefer auto focus and a "beep beep" sound.

i prefer to right-click to aim down sight, left click to fire and press "R" to reload

the new rifles which replace the M16's have a scope for aiming. much better IMO.

Deregistered

I use my eyes to aim.

Anyway good to have the 'torch light' on the rifle, but in real war times will never get to use it unless you want to be hunted down by people who can see the light

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Lyn
    NS men are now equipped with the M16 rifles right?
    probably not for much longer

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Lyn
    I got a question, do you prefer to use a scope to aim or a torchlight? and why?
    how to aim with torchlight? unless you shooting your buddy's arse in front of you.
    Last edited by hwchoy; 5th January 2006 at 06:30 PM.

i prefer scope...

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    I use my eyes to aim.

Anyway good to have the 'torch light' on the rifle, but in real war times will never get to use it unless you want to be hunted down by people who can see the light
    I normally use the fast zoom.

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    how to aim with torchlight? unless you shooting your buddy's arse in front of you.
    maybe he wants to hunt wild boar

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox
    i prefer to right-click to aim down sight, left click to fire and press "R" to reload
    ps2 ?

i prefer using VF to aim..

isn't there an "auto-aim" option? just have to click fire sure hit.

also an auto-reload mode would be good. when you run out of ammo you will hear a voice saying "n@h b*h, boh bullet liao."
    Last edited by hwchoy; 5th January 2006 at 06:41 PM.

Both the scope & torch serves different purposes. But I think most, aim with the foresight tip, when the user looks through the rearsight aperature

The scope is probably used in times where the user has to use the rifle for long range shooting. A scope would increase the possibility of hitting the target. This is assuming that u meant a scope with magnification capability.

The torch is used under CQB (close quarter battle) scenarios. The purpose of the torch is not onli to luminate but the high lumen bulbs used have the capability to temporary stun ur enemy which buys the user maybe a precious 1-2 sec to take the enemy down. These torches are available to consumers but the high price puts most of us away. Those who are into torches would know what i am talking abt.. Surefire anyone?

Then again, I don't think that the m-16 is the ideal rifle to use under both scenarios. The short length of the barrel, the number of lines and the twirl pattern in the barrel, limits the max effective range of the rifle. Under the hands of a sniper, this might be enhanced though. The length of the rifle in the other case, is a major setback in the CQB scenario.

hmmm... jus curious why there's a poll like this??

A torchlight is for short range 10-15m but a laser pointer with NVGs are nice too A scope can give u longer aiming dist. SAR 21 is good got scope... i m still using m16s1

if the scope got IS/VR and filter mount even better

using aimbot wif it is definately a +..

cos i m doing product design... and i m doing ergonomics now...

since when use L-torch to aim??

I used blowpipe...... sure no IA and no carbon.
    Nikon D80 + SB800 + 50mm f/1.8 + 18-200mm VR + 105mm f/2.8 macro

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast