Thread: my korea trip pictures.

Default my korea trip pictures.

any comments on how to improve?

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=170683

Default Re: my korea trip pictures.

No much an expert. But i liike your photos!

the sky so blue.... did u use a polariser? or is the sky there realli so nice?

polariser lah. but the sky is very blue but it overexpose too easily without the polariser. First time using a polarisor and I found out it did not work very well at 14mm due to the variation in the sky color.

Most of it is just snapshots. I took like around 500 photos and only like 22 is ok I wonder do people actually like take more than 10mins to compose and wait for a shot? On my tour, no time to walk around the subject and look for angles. except at yongpyong which I had 2 hours to shoot on top of the gondola.

I did not take much shots of korean life actually. I still quite shy at pointing my big E1 at the locals... how do you guys do it? There were quite a lot of interesting scenes which I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    polariser lah. but the sky is very blue but it overexpose too easily without the polariser. First time using a polarisor and I found out it did not work very well at 14mm due to the variation in the sky color.

Most of it is just snapshots. I took like around 500 photos and only like 22 is ok I wonder do people actually like take more than 10mins to compose and wait for a shot? On my tour, no time to walk around the subject and look for angles. except at yongpyong which I had 2 hours to shoot on top of the gondola.

I did not take much shots of korean life actually. I still quite shy at pointing my big E1 at the locals... how do you guys do it? There were quite a lot of interesting scenes which I missed.
    Wind30. Nice pics. I like most of them. Did u manage to lug the 50-200mm for the trip?

yup but I left the tripod collar in the luggage all the time. My entire setup, E1 + 14-54 + 50-200 + FL36 on a sling bag was ok. When my shoulder needs a little rest I just carry the bag by hand. All in all quite a comfortable weight.

Really liked the 50-200mm lens. One of the big reason why I bought oly. The 70-200 f2.8 is so heavy for C/N. The 50-200mm is quite a good portrait lens and I used it more than my 14-54mm for portraits. At 80-100mm wide open, it is quite good, IMHO. but got to stand quite far back

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing...

cheers!

Nice pics. I like the scenery. Thanks for sharing.

Nice pics u got there !

I didnt lug my gear along during my trip there 3 years ago cos i was travelling with my
    parents....i regretted until now

however, my E-1 and just 14-54 was with me for my Japan trip last year....it was
    so care-free to travel alone, so many things to see and shoot....if anyone is interested,
    my pics can be found here : http://photobucket.com/albums/y108/j...05%20Apr%2005/

wah so many people tompang my thread

nice Japan pictures. You went in Spring? Kyoto/osaka area? I am thinking of a trip to Japan during spring. any recommendations for accomodations? Cheap and got nice things too shoot

wah so many people tompang my thread

nice Japan pictures. You went in Spring? Kyoto/osaka area? I am thinking of a trip to Japan during spring. any recommendations for accomodations? Cheap and got nice things too shoot
    den i tompang oso! haha

here're my pics i took in frankfurt few days ago when i stopped over at the airport. all taken in existing light at iso1600 and 3200. really dim lor.

nice korea and japan pics btw! must add some non-asian countries lah.

wind30: i like pic #12. ernie has some good pts on tt thread.

cookiez: your pics makes me want to go to japan now!

some of the mountain shots look like a piece of art Good work.