Thread: Chingay Parade of DreamS 2006

Default Chingay Parade of DreamS 2006

Hello CSer, maybe it is a little bit earlier to post this...

Date: 3 & 4 February 2006
    Time: From 7pm
    Venue: Orchard Road Tickets: SGD 50 each, Available at the Singapore
    Visitors Centre @ Orchard
    Chingay Parade of DreamS 2006 is back, this time with a funky rock twist! While retaining its colourful enchanting performances and beautiful floats that capture the resplendence of Singapore’s multi-ethnicity, Asia’s grandest street and floats parade will herald a new happening dimension! In addition to an international lineup of acts and the traditional crowd favourites - lion and dragon dance, a chic professional female rock band will brew up a storm!

With over a thousand zestful youths to hit the streets with their cheers and sensational hot moves, feisty cheerleaders to crank up the wow factor with their awe-inspiring stunts, and a happening street party to bring the parade to yet another climax, this year’s celebration promises to be a blast! Come rock with us now!

Don't miss out the excitement of Chingay. Advance ticket bookings are available from Tour East, please contact

Francis Lee
    tel: (65) 6238 2893 / 6238 2881
    email: flee@toureast.net

Rafeah Shafii
    tel: (65) 6238 2893 / 6238 2881
    email: rafeah@toureast.net

more info: http://www.chingay.org.sg/2006/calendar/index.asp

It is my first time to be able to join it.
    Who can kindly tell me what is the ticket for?
    Without the ticket there is no way to capture the performance?
    With the ticket people can get closer?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by iso100; 3rd January 2006 at 10:57 PM.

Default Re: Chingay Parade of DreamS 2006

I think the tickets are for the seats they're going to set up along the roadside.

Thanks Sausage!
    So it is not compulsory to buy the ticket for a close shooting?

too bad, I wouldn't be in singapore..
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

If you want to have good shots..its good to purchase ticket to get in to the seating area. The area is blocked and full of people and quite far away from the people parading.

do consider catching the performers at the end of orchard road as each contingent finishes the parade. It's free, not as crowded, u don't have to jostle for space with the common man/woman/child. U do miss the main performance, but u get to take personal portraits of individual/group performers, some contingents are on a natural high and like to end the night with a personal encore. i've seen it happen last year, u'll be like a photojournalist, running here and there but there's the freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    do consider catching the performers at the end of orchard road as each contingent finishes the parade. It's free, not as crowded, u don't have to jostle for space with the common man/woman/child. U do miss the main performance, but u get to take personal portraits of individual/group performers, some contingents are on a natural high and like to end the night with a personal encore. i've seen it happen last year, u'll be like a photojournalist, running here and there but there's the freedom.
    coolz ... but wat time it will ends?

Quote Originally Posted by West_ray
    coolz ... but wat time it will ends?
    the contingents will be waiting for their coach buses to arrive so they can pack up and leave. so it just depends what time u want to be there. btw, its the floats parking zone too, so u can get your closeups there. they leave the lights running.

Where is the ending point?

anyone know where is the end point?

i can't remember the end point for last year. as the date gets closer they'll updated the website.