Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what's the best manual setting at night?

Default Re: what's the best manual setting at night?

Quote Originally Posted by DT_
    that's no best setting, it should be all base on locational and wat u desire on a campfire, .. the fire? ambient lights of portraits? sillhoutte? portraits of others with background? all r of different setting..
    i took indoors. well i think i got what i want. i hope.

All the best in yr film results Elfvin.

Do remember to post some of yr best shots here to share with everyone. I'm pretty excited abt it too. Looking forward to it. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mezzotint
    All the best in yr film results Elfvin.

Do remember to post some of yr best shots here to share with everyone. I'm pretty excited abt it too. Looking forward to it. Cheers!
    got the pictures already.
    a little bit of camera-shake for some hand held pictures but still got what i want. at least for some. haha. i'll be shooting more flash photography to improve myself i guess.

but 1 or 2 pictures are extremely grainy, is it because of the low light condition?

Quote Originally Posted by elfvin
    got the pictures already.
    a little bit of camera-shake for some hand held pictures but still got what i want. at least for some. haha. i'll be shooting more flash photography to improve myself i guess.

but 1 or 2 pictures are extremely grainy, is it because of the low light condition?
    Hey that's good news! Glad you got what you want. It was a good start into flashlight photography.

Yes you gotta shoot more more and more. From there you'll pick up yr shooting skill and confidence. Most importantly, you have great self satisfaction and a great sense of achievement out of doing it.

A couple of yr shots are grainy?! Well I still dunno what camera system you are using and on what film speed. For night and flashlght (indoors or outdoors), you can use film speed of 400 is good enuff. Even at ISO200 can yield good results too.

Hey that's good news! Glad you got what you want. It was a good start into flashlight photography.

Yes you gotta shoot more more and more. From there you'll pick up yr shooting skill and confidence. Most importantly, you have great self satisfaction and a great sense of achievement out of doing it.

A couple of yr shots are grainy?! Well I still dunno what camera system you are using and on what film speed. For night and flashlght (indoors or outdoors), you can use film speed of 400 is good enuff. Even at ISO200 can yield good results too.
    i'll be shooting more. but not as much cos films, expensive. haha. thought of switching to digital by the end of this yr.

i'm using canon elan 7e with speedlite 420ex. film iso 200 (left 2 rolls, i juz use it lah..expensive. haha. students very poor nowadays. :P)

thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by elfvin
    i'll be shooting more. but not as much cos films, expensive. haha. thought of switching to digital by the end of this yr.

i'm using canon elan 7e with speedlite 420ex. film iso 200 (left 2 rolls, i juz use it lah..expensive. haha. students very poor nowadays. :P)

thanks for the tip.
    Hahaha... it's true that film photography is kinda expensive on a long run and it's always one-step behind digital. Why? Simply becuz after film development, the lab people scan yr negatives into their computer system which result in digital format. It has been working this way even before digital cameras are launched. I think you know the rest of the story.

Howsoever, films still give much better results be it color saturation, grain resolution, contrast, highlight, etc which all depends on yr technical skills and equipment knowledge/understandings. And it's fun shooting films!

Glad you started out with films before venture into digital camera as it serves as a stepping stones for you. With basic film photography knowledge comes a strong foundation and you'll get better digital results too.

All the best in yr photography and happy new year! Cheers!

ISO 500 or 640 or 800 F18 bulb or 4 sec

Hahaha... it's true that film photography is kinda expensive on a long run and it's always one-step behind digital. Why? Simply becuz after film development, the lab people scan yr negatives into their computer system which result in digital format. It has been working this way even before digital cameras are launched. I think you know the rest of the story.

Howsoever, films still give much better results be it color saturation, grain resolution, contrast, highlight, etc which all depends on yr technical skills and equipment knowledge/understandings. And it's fun shooting films!

Glad you started out with films before venture into digital camera as it serves as a stepping stones for you. With basic film photography knowledge comes a strong foundation and you'll get better digital results too.

All the best in yr photography and happy new year! Cheers!
    the waiting for the lab people makes u crazy! and even using up the roll... haha.

thanks and hope u're right after going digital (i'll be better :P) happy new year!

Quote Originally Posted by erickwan1989
    ISO 500 or 640 or 800 F18 bulb or 4 sec
    thanks for your reply, but i meant another scenerio.

iso200 is kinda slow, is f/4 the widest ur lens can go?
    bracketing is a gd but expensive idea, it'll ensure tt u'll get at least some properly exposed pics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12