Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Orientation aware resizing Photoshop script

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Melbourne & Singapore
    Posts
    70

    Default Orientation aware resizing Photoshop script

    Hi,

    Not sure if this has been done before but I've banged up a script that resizes your photo. It is orientation aware so you don't have to run 2 batch processes for landscape or portrait pictures. Since scripts can be incorporated as part of a recorded action, this might be helpful to some.

    More info here:

    http://www.soundingblue.com/2006/01/...-in-photoshop/

  2. #2

    Default Re: Orientation aware resizing Photoshop script

    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    Hi,

    Not sure if this has been done before but I've banged up a script that resizes your photo. It is orientation aware so you don't have to run 2 batch processes for landscape or portrait pictures. Since scripts can be incorporated as part of a recorded action, this might be helpful to some.

    More info here:

    http://www.soundingblue.com/2006/01/...-in-photoshop/
    thanks much appreciated normally i seperate the portraits from the landscapes and run 2 different batch actions

  3. #3

    Default Re: Orientation aware resizing Photoshop script

    sounds good but the script seems to be empty...

    thanks anyway

  4. #4
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Orientation aware resizing Photoshop script

    I also get a 0 byte file.

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    sounds good but the script seems to be empty...

    thanks anyway

  5. #5

    Default Re: Orientation aware resizing Photoshop script

    Hi,

    Why dont you just perform a resize by percentage instead of pixels? It will work for both landscape and portrait.

    Just my 2 cents.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Orientation aware resizing Photoshop script

    Quote Originally Posted by ahk
    Hi,

    Why dont you just perform a resize by percentage instead of pixels? It will work for both landscape and portrait.

    Just my 2 cents.
    actually i have some actions that do that but then the original photo dimension have to be fixed otherwise the output dimensions will not be correct. one action will not work if you have more than 1 digital camera or source.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Melbourne & Singapore
    Posts
    70

    Default Re: Orientation aware resizing Photoshop script

    Sorry guys. Link should work now.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Orientation aware resizing Photoshop script

    got it..thanks!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Orientation aware resizing Photoshop script

    I do Fit Image with File -> Batch -> Fit Image. It works similar.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Orientation aware resizing Photoshop script

    Quote Originally Posted by tunster
    I do Fit Image with File -> Batch -> Fit Image. It works similar.
    Yes.. it does exactly the same thing..
    Only reason you may want to use that script is to modify it to apply to other instances like adding text, borders differently to landscape or portrait..

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Melbourne & Singapore
    Posts
    70

    Default Re: Orientation aware resizing Photoshop script

    Quote Originally Posted by willyfoo
    Yes.. it does exactly the same thing..
    Only reason you may want to use that script is to modify it to apply to other instances like adding text, borders differently to landscape or portrait..
    Yes you're correct. Wish I had seen that "Fit Image" feature before I wrote this..heh.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •