Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: FIRECRACKERS ALERT: Chinatown CNY Light-Up Ceremony

  1. #1

    Thumbs up FIRECRACKERS ALERT: Chinatown CNY Light-Up Ceremony


    Light-up Ceremony

    Date: 7 January 2006
    Venue: Eu Tong Sen Street and New Bridge Road

    A must-see for both locals and tourists is the Light-up Ceremony. In store for lucky spectators this year is a programme consisting choreographed fireworks, pyrotechnics and confetti as well as the setting of live firecrackers!

  2. #2

    Default Re: FIRECRACKERS ALERT: Chinatown CNY Light-Up Ceremony

    hmm.. fireworks and firecrackers to be ignited @ the same time.. any more specific details on the fireworks firing point??

  3. #3

    Default Re: FIRECRACKERS ALERT: Chinatown CNY Light-Up Ceremony

    i was there last year, hardly c a thing, unless u are so hardcore to go in the morning, u will be all the way behind

  4. #4

    Default Re: FIRECRACKERS ALERT: Chinatown CNY Light-Up Ceremony

    What time and fireworks location?

  5. #5

    Default Re: FIRECRACKERS ALERT: Chinatown CNY Light-Up Ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by compro_1975
    i was there last year, hardly c a thing, unless u are so hardcore to go in the morning, u will be all the way behind
    yeah can hear and smell the crackers only.

  6. #6

    Default Re: FIRECRACKERS ALERT: Chinatown CNY Light-Up Ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes
    yeah can hear and smell the crackers only.
    No need to be near the fire crackers to take pictures fireworks.

    Can shoot as long as can find a place (usually in a secluded place higher up somwhere) to position tripod and get a good foreground &/ background for the fireworks.

    What time will the fireworks be?

  7. #7

    Default Re: FIRECRACKERS ALERT: Chinatown CNY Light-Up Ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by Clockunder
    No need to be near the fire crackers to take pictures fireworks.

    Can shoot as long as can find a place (usually in a secluded place higher up somwhere) to position tripod and get a good foreground &/ background for the fireworks.

    What time will the fireworks be?
    my suggestion is the building beside it or the hotel nearby

  8. #8

    Default Re: FIRECRACKERS ALERT: Chinatown CNY Light-Up Ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by compro_1975
    my suggestion is the building beside it or the hotel nearby
    I came back from Chinatown not long ago.

    Too bad that my camera is not capable of apertures smaller than F8. So can't capture the fireworks with more than 2 seconds exposure or get gross over-exposure with longer exposure. Otherwise, would have some very nice pictures of long fireworks trails. Will post some pictures in the appropriate forum after post-processing them.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •