Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SEED on 23/1/2002

count me in! hopefully nothing crops up! just to look see look see, maybe check out the Coolpix 5000. haha... if you want to, i can bring my school's DV cam, and shoot u guys SEEDing (den post it up somewhere) then ppl can have an idea wat on earth SEED is; visually. wonder if CP will mind.

im a newbie too at SEED so. heh. newbie's point of view.
    Illumn|Facebook| Canon 5D Mark II | 16-35mm 2.8L | 24-70mm f2.8L | 85mm 1.8 | Strobist

Originally posted by Kevin
    Adamgoi,

rty want to join the SEED to get 4x Close up Filter. Remeber to inform him. I will try to join if I can make it.
    Hi Kevin, thanks for remembering me. I bought an extender tube already so no need to buy close up filter anymore. I might be going to meet up with you guys if I happen to be around that area. Happy shopping.

Sigh. 2 days too early. Planning to get a CR-560.

Next time I guess?

Come come...don't shy...

Buy buy...don't shy...

Save the economy!

Originally posted by Blitz
    Just wanna ask, is there any macro filter for my Oly C2040Z?

And any telephoto filter (+Zoom lenses)?

hmm... you just need to know the thread size required. If there's no filter that can fit the adaptor, you would need a step-up ring.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Originally posted by mpenza

hmm... you just need to know the thread size required. If there's no filter that can fit the adaptor, you would need a step-up ring.
    Heya KC u're here too!

Hmm how do I know what's my thread size ah?

Sorry ah cos I'm still new to this.....

Thanks

Check this out:
    http://www.cliffshade.com/dpfwiw/c-2...ndex.htm#cla-1

Essentially, the adaptor is a long 41mm to 43mm step-up ring. You could attach 43mm lens/filters for your 2040. But test it out first. Below's a warning from the webpage above:

Warning! It's unsafe to mount most 43 mm filters and close-up lenses directly onto the CLA-1 on Camedia rangefinders prior to the C-x040Z line due to inadequate zoom lens clearance. Some filters may be unsafe on later models as well.

Originally posted by mpenza
    Check this out:
    http://www.cliffshade.com/dpfwiw/c-2...ndex.htm#cla-1

Essentially, the adaptor is a long 41mm to 43mm step-up ring. You could attach 43mm lens/filters for your 2040. But test it out first. Below's a warning from the webpage above:

Warning! It's unsafe to mount most 43 mm filters and close-up lenses directly onto the CLA-1 on Camedia rangefinders prior to the C-x040Z line due to inadequate zoom lens clearance. Some filters may be unsafe on later models as well.
    Thanks for the link, am reading it now

Originally posted by Blitz

Thanks for the link, am reading it now
    There's a lot of info for owners of Olympus digital cameras Glad you find it useful. You could check out the part on external flash too. It might come in handy later

Infinity
    Guests

Hi Adamgoi and all,

Join in the SEED can get discount izzit? Don't mind me asking.... I only know SEED is for whole gang of people to go down and get equipment. Just wondering if there are any advantages in going as a group.

Thanks.

Infinity

Originally posted by Infinity
    Hi Adamgoi and all,

Join in the SEED can get discount izzit? Don't mind me asking.... I only know SEED is for whole gang of people to go down and get equipment. Just wondering if there are any advantages in going as a group.

Thanks.

Infinity
    there're regulars who know the shopkeepers well and probably could get better prices even without bargaining

Infinity
    Guests

Thanks for the reply.....

But I think no stock (F707) at CP right?

Anyway, what are the essential accessories to get along with the camera?

TIA.

Thanks for the reply.....

But I think no stock (F707) at CP right?

Anyway, what are the essential accessories to get along with the camera?

TIA.
    battery, UV filter, tripod, extra memory stick.

Hi Adam,

I'll drop by to join you guys for dinner and compare readings on my hygrometer with CKiang's. Nothing to buy though... not yet...

Hi Adamgoi and all,

Thanks.

Infinity

ya ... union is power !! CP sell so many people in 1 group ... they will feel scare ...
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

1) Is a teleconverter what we (in layman's term) a "zoom lens"? I'm a bit blur lah, hehe.
    2) Is there any neighbourhood shop that sells lens blower(and cloth)? I'm a bit lazy to go all the way to cp/ ap

Infinity
    Guests

Originally posted by megaweb

ya ... union is power !! CP sell so many people in 1 group ... they will feel scare ...
    Hehe... no lah... I don't think they will be scared... more like thinking how come like suddenly kenna toto thousands and thousands of dollars.

I think they will earn a lot of money out of the SEED. Not that I am bothered, if I can get a good price for whatever I want to get. Afterall, they (the shops) are there to earn money.

Originally posted by christysg

1) Is a teleconverter what we (in layman's term) a "zoom lens"? I'm a bit blur lah, hehe.
    2) Is there any neighbourhood shop that sells lens blower(and cloth)? I'm a bit lazy to go all the way to cp/ ap
    1) YEs
    2) May be can, and you may end up with Blower that can't blow the dust away and cloth that scratch your lens (no offence I hope). I find the purpose for newbie like me to go with the "Season" guy so that they can help me to check out whether the salesman BS me or not.

Cheers--

Originally posted by Kevin

1) YEs
    NO NO NO! A Teleconvertor merely increases the focal length of a lens by a certain factor. A zoom lens is a lens with a variable focal length.

Originally posted by YSLee

NO NO NO! A Teleconvertor merely increases the focal length of a lens by a certain factor. A zoom lens is a lens with a variable focal length.
    Oopps.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast