Thread: Extension Tube

Default Extension Tube

Hi there, ok got my first macro lens and started shooting some shots. Its a Sigma 105mm macro. However, I still find I cannot get the type of great magnified pictures of eg the eye pigment of an insect, etc etc.

I have read about the extension tubes and how they really give you great closeups. I use a D70 with the macro lens.

Anyone has a recommendation on the type of extension tube I should get I am not quite sure about these tubes

Thanks

Default Re: Extension Tube

U can get the Triplus extension tubes...its a set of 3 tubes 12mm, 20mm and 36mm. Cost abt $190. Theres also the Uniplus 25mm single extension tube, cost around $80 I think. Got my Triplus set from fellow CSer (set was bought from John 3:16 at Funan).

If you are using tube with tripod, you need to use macro positioning plate or slider to achieve greater magnification.

Check this link
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Here is a shot that I took yesterday for fun using a Triplus tube.

Thanks scandisk, megaweb and verywierd

Triplus, what the difference between the different focal lengths - I have a Sigma 105mm - can I use any of the triplus 12mm, 20mm and 36mm?

Yes you can use any of the Triplus extension tubes with your lens. The longer extension you use, the closer you can get to the subject. Using the extension tubes also increase the magnification factor (but decreases the effective f-stop).

http://www.oregoncoastphotoclub.com/...alcs/tubes.htm