Thread: puppy.

Default puppy.

[IMG][/IMG]

this is courage, my uncle's puppy in malaysia. i tried to capture him being the active little active puppy that he was, but he was just a bit too fast for me and my um, amatuerish camera. so, i caught him sleeping instead. it's, for me, very peaceful and calm. i find it a little dark tho. what do you guys think?

Default Re: puppy.

That large pillar creating the shadow in the left of a the pic is very distracting and tries to steal attention away fomr the sleeping dog. It would have been a but better without that concrete block tehre too
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

its good. this is probably one of the few central placement images that work. there may be some distracting elements like the pillar and the spot of sunshine at the top but central placement we see the puppy's face first.

It's also good that u provided a writeup of the puppy to let the viewer relate better. I don't find it dark as there is soft light falling where it should be. Location is apt (see below), shows environment.

I like the touch of humour that an active puppy named Courage wouldn't want people to see it catching a nap and thus choses to sleep in a little corner.

Very nice picture... reminds me of disneyland. But maybe you would like to shift the dog BIG paws away, not your fault though. It stood like 40% of the subject, which is te dog...
    Pillar was good, at least i feel it is, it makes the picture unique... what you think?

i think its wonderfully composed. and i like the sepia tone...tho its not really true purist sepia. but its still nice

i think too much unneccessary foregd and bkgd elements. More dog will be better.

thank you for all your feedback you all! it was quite a adhoc shot. i wld have liked more of the dog too but i couldnt exactly fit behind the washing machine. hurhur. thank you for your comments. will be trying to take more pictures of the puppies here. (:

i liked the tone..

it's a real sweet picture alright. and don't bother about the pillar. it might do you some good as well.
    I Love You :)