Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1600 slide

Default 1600 slide

Where can I buy ISO1600 slide from? And how much is it? e.g. Fuji Provia.

Default Re: 1600 slide

Originally posted by maddog
    Where can I buy ISO1600 slide from? And how much is it? e.g. Fuji Provia.
    Use Provia 400F and push 2 stops.

Regards
    CK

how bad does the grain get?

Originally posted by Que Lynn
    how bad does the grain get?
    I have not personally tried, but Provia 400F has very fine grain to begin with, so it should not be so bad. I am told the natively high speed slides are grainier.

For me, I shoot anything that needs > ISO 400 and stuff like concerts, etc and everything which is to be done in available darkness on Press 800, optionally pushed 1 stop.

Regards
    CK

Wait!!!! I've tried pushing the provia 400 to 1600. The results were terrible! The slides were grainy! I mean very grainy!

Try it on your own risk!

Originally posted by scanner
    Wait!!!! I've tried pushing the provia 400 to 1600. The results were terrible! The slides were grainy! I mean very grainy!

Try it on your own risk!
    Thanks. Think I'll get the real deal. The review says its ok. Any idea where to get it?

maddog: I think the correct link is here..

http://www.photographyreview.com/psc...i,Provia,400F,(RHPIII)/PRD_84925_3118crx.aspx

And the reviews say its ok too anyway. I"ve got a question tho, when you push the film, do you tell the lab that you pushed the film or not? and can most labs handle pushed film?

Originally posted by hoppinghippo
    maddog: I think the correct link is here..

http://www.photographyreview.com/psc...i,Provia,400F,(RHPIII)/PRD_84925_3118crx.aspx

And the reviews say its ok too anyway. I"ve got a question tho, when you push the film, do you tell the lab that you pushed the film or not? and can most labs handle pushed film?
    You MUST tell the lab you pushed the film. So if you shot 400 at 1600, tell them to PUSH 2 stops. Otherwise, it will be developed at 400, giving you severely underexposed pics.

Regards
    CK

Ok I get it now!!! thanx CK!!

Most lab charges additional price per stop for pushing film during developing. So if you have a 1600 neg in your pocket, don't push the ISO 400 slide film. You have to pay for pushing two stops during developing and the cost of film developing may exceed the price for developing a roll of 1600 neg. And finally, after going through the expensive process, the result may be poorer than the prints taken by an 1600 neg.

And of course, if you don't have an 1600 in your pocket...........
    Last edited by jasonpgc; 10th November 2002 at 09:29 AM.

Originally posted by jasonpgc
    Most lab charges additional price per stop for pushing film during developing. So if you have a 1600 neg in your pocket, don't push the ISO 400 slide film. You have to pay for pushing two stops during developing and the cost of film developing may exceed the price for developing a roll of 1600 neg. And finally, after going through the expensive process, the result may be poorer than the prints taken by an 1600 neg.

My experience has been that Press 800 pushed 1 stop is better than Superia XTRA 1600, so there goes. The native 1600 appears grainier under the same lighting conditions, same lab.

Regards
    CK

I don't understand why Singapore dev coy charge customers for push/pull service.....if this happens in taiwan......the coy will be boycot by all.......

Originally posted by roti

I don't understand why Singapore dev coy charge customers for push/pull service.....if this happens in taiwan......the coy will be boycot by all.......
    Well, in order to push/pull, they will need to suspend all operations on the machine, load your roll, do all the settings, and let the machine process your roll. And while this is happening, they cannot process other customer's film. In a way, it's a minor loss of time (=money) for them. So it's only fair that they charge.

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Well, in order to push/pull, they will need to suspend all operations on the machine, load your roll, do all the settings, and let the machine process your roll. And while this is happening, they cannot process other customer's film. In a way, it's a minor loss of time (=money) for them. So it's only fair that they charge.

Regards
    CK
    but dont they get more sales if they do it for free??.....they will earn more money then......

but dont they get more sales if they do it for free??.....they will earn more money then......
    Well, unfortunately this is Singapore. Things like bottomline, revenue, etc matters most.

Regards
    CK

My experience has been that Press 800 pushed 1 stop is better than Superia XTRA 1600, so there goes. The native 1600 appears grainier under the same lighting conditions, same lab.

Regards
    CK
    CK,

How much did color lab charge you for pushing Press 800 to 1600?

I've the following quote from Cp

Fuji Superia 800 135/36 @ S$5.20
    Fuji Superia 1600 135/36 @ S$7.10

If the quality is better, I don't mind pushing the 800 flim

Well, unfortunately this is Singapore. Things like bottomline, revenue, etc matters most.

Regards
    CK
    aaaaiya.......so sad to be in a situation like this...

aaaaiya.......so sad to be in a situation like this...
    Well, if its any consolidation.................. the lab I go to here in Melbourne doesn't charge extra for push/pushing. However, they do charge A$33 for processing with a set of 4R prints.

CK,

How much did color lab charge you for pushing Press 800 to 1600?

I've the following quote from Cp

Fuji Superia 800 135/36 @ S$5.20
    Fuji Superia 1600 135/36 @ S$7.10

If the quality is better, I don't mind pushing the 800 flim
    Can't remember, as it has been a long time since I last needed to push. Think it's like $5 more.

Regards
    CK

Can't remember, as it has been a long time since I last needed to push. Think it's like $5 more.

Regards
    CK
    Adelphi Colourlab charge $3 for pushing 1 stop
    Standard processing fee at $3.50

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast