Thread: LaCie External Drives

Default LaCie External Drives

Any experience?? The product and the packaging seems nice, I'm looking at the 1TB Bigger disk extreme. Right now it's the only 1TB external disk in one casing. Yes I know I am probably better off with a file server with four 250GB disks or something, but what I really2 need is 1TB, one casing, no hassle, firewire connection.

Anybody care to share their LaCie experiences?

Default Re: LaCie External Drives

i'm using a D2 extreme 250gb, couldn't be more pleased with it. I was considering this or a maxtor, but but after reading the reviews-i went for the lacie, appa arently it's much more stable than maxtor. I've only had it for a month or so and i can't really comment on its reliabilty yet, but let's just say-i've been extremely satisfied with it.

Plus it helps with the fact that i'm using the hard drive in a Mac+windows envoirnment.

Quote Originally Posted by tingm
    Any experience?? The product and the packaging seems nice, I'm looking at the 1TB Bigger disk extreme. Right now it's the only 1TB external disk in one casing. Yes I know I am probably better off with a file server with four 250GB disks or something, but what I really2 need is 1TB, one casing, no hassle, firewire connection.

Anybody care to share their LaCie experiences?
    Eh there is a 1.2TB on the shelf already but pricing is ridiculously EX.....$1888 but then again it has FIREWIRE 800

I've been reading threads at Rob Galbraith's forums, and on the APA mailing list, and it seems everyone's conclusion is LaCie: pretty casing with cheap disks inside. I'm really quite convinced I should stay away from them. But no one else makes 1TB disks in single enclosure.

The wiebetech enclosure that can house several 3.5" disks in one casing costs U$1500 just for the casing!

http://forums.robgalbraith.com/showf...0&fpart=2&vc=1