Thread: Feng Shui - myth or science?

Default Feng Shui - myth or science?

kinda thought it to be superstitious stuff and sitting on the fence about whether its just hocus pocus bulls**t.. but i'm slowly starting to change my opinion of it..

wonder what the rest of the folks here think?

here's a powerful leading lady in fengshui.
    http://www.lillian-too.com/

"there're no rich fortunetellers"

but she seems to be living proof of what she preaches....
    a Harvard Business Graduate and seriously wealthy.

Default Re: fengshui - myth or science?

it's real, so it's not a myth. i don't think it is an exact science, but i know it works for some people, and doesn't work for others.

I think itz all crap.

If the movement of the moon can affect the high tide low tide, u think the wind and the water will not affect u?

If someone can invent fungshui....certainly, there will be someone who don't need fungshui to succeed.

The will of men is alot more terrifying than any myth or science. Or should I say fungshui made men or man/men made fungshui

Part Myth, Part Science... there's some psychological effect on most pple.. after all, many people should be feeling better when they gaze out of their window and see the hills and water... haaa

does it matter? if you believe, you believe.

it is a mythical science often taken as scientific myth

Whether it's myth or science unimportant. What's important is that enough people believe it, so if you buy a house with lousy fengshui, you'll regret it when it's time to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by furrypaws
    kinda thought it to be superstitious stuff and sitting on the fence about whether its just hocus pocus bulls**t.. but i'm slowly starting to change my opinion of it..

Default Re: Feng Shui - myth or science?

i used to study it and practised under an ex-gf's father. well...if u ask me whether it is real or fake, then of course i will give a biased answer. i was once questioned by a fren on whether it has any truth in it, so i issued him a test...just do something which i tell him to and let see whether the outcome is as what i had said. well...he didn't want to accept the test at all even though he kept claiming that it won't work.

BTW, the original books are more accurate, as lilian's translation has lost some essense along the way.

Yes yes...lillian too

Bought ALL her books when she first started writing ...of cos, stop liao lo...noticed that her books tend to overlap in certain topics/ areas....Y i bought her books ? kena influenced lo

My fren's sister writes to her on fengshui matters....so her house is ...er....like a fengshui house ..dun ask me why the wall colours look 'strange' ..or why there are strange things hanging all over the place then....but i know now after reading most of her books

Well, it's just a simple ...'ignore it' or 'practise it' .... your choice lo

for one...i never place my bed with the end directly facing the doorway fengshui or no fengshui!

what if it says you can't do photography anymore? or do not snap landscapes etc anymore? wld u listen?

its quite difficult actually, one either have to dun believe it and dun read/hear anything, or go all the way and change the layout of your house/life, if you do it ~halfway, then it'll always linger in your mind what if i changed something else, that something in the corner will block something... then psychologically, one will get worse....till one gets obsessed w it...and finally..becomes a fengshui master and write/preaches about it!

*pardon the nonsense

The exception proves the rule.

Most fortune tellers, the ones hawking their services at five-foot ways and temples, are not rich. However celebrity fortune tellers, esp those who write books and earn royalty income, are the exception.

Frankly, celebrity status brings riches. Eg Most golf coaches aren't rich, not when they are charging $50 an hour but only being utilised less than 50% of the time. But David Leadbetter is seriously rich, through his books, videos, franchising his schools, etc.

I am looking for a "reputable" fengshui master (for a friend). Any recommendation ?

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat
    I am looking for a "reputable" fengshui master (for a friend). Any recommendation ?
    Try Feng shui forum

Well, I wun say that its pure bullcrap, but I wun say its all for real.

Just as the moon and sun affects the tide, wind and stuff like that on the sea, some things does have a little effect on us.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."