Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 105

Thread: a-photo-a-day for 2006

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default Re: a-photo-a-day for 2006


  2. #62

    Default Re: a-photo-a-day for 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox
    yea lor..i'm afraid we might have to start season #2 if this goes on

    i'm thinking we can OT here, and post a link back to our own PAD/PAW/SPAM projects .. so people can follow the conversations?
    that's a good idea!

  3. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HoUgaNg (Any stalker? lol)
    Posts
    1,415

    Default Re: a-photo-a-day for 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox
    of course i install already. btw, if by 1 pm i cannot get this problem done i'm afraid you need to continue the project yourself.

    As a matter of others, yes you can voice up, whatever the timing is - it's your independence anyway.

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    2,940

    Default Re: a-photo-a-day for 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelZhou
    the thing is, i borrow my Adobe CS from my overseas friend.
    I see ...

  5. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HoUgaNg (Any stalker? lol)
    Posts
    1,415

    Default Re: a-photo-a-day for 2006

    now i stuck between CS which cannot open NEF and CS2 which cannot display NEF rrrrrrr

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    2,940

    Default Re: a-photo-a-day for 2006

    Yo StereoB & AngelZ,

    Thought I'd bring this OT here. I did a minor adjustment to your pic, with permission given by StereoB

    So here's my take, I guess I just like pics with higher contrast ... Please don't flame me



    Your original is here:


  7. #67

    Default Re: a-photo-a-day for 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz23
    Yo StereoB & AngelZ,

    Thought I'd bring this OT here. I did a minor adjustment to your pic, with permission given by StereoB

    So here's my take, I guess I just like pics with higher contrast ... Please don't flame me



    Your original is here:

    i prefer the original, softer pinks give a dreamier more romantic feel IMHO.

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    2,940

    Default Re: a-photo-a-day for 2006

    U're right, zaren. The original gives a more dream-like feel ... I guess i just like higher contrast pics, which might be against the original theme of the pic ... Sorry, SB & AZ

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default Re: a-photo-a-day for 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz23
    U're right, zaren. The original gives a more dream-like feel ... I guess i just like higher contrast pics, which might be against the original theme of the pic ... Sorry, SB & AZ
    don't say sorry!!

    firstly, u were given free play to freely re-express and interpret the picture, regardless of the original theme.

    second, i was actually looking forward to how u gonna do it leh.

  10. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HoUgaNg (Any stalker? lol)
    Posts
    1,415

    Default Re: a-photo-a-day for 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz23
    U're right, zaren. The original gives a more dream-like feel ... I guess i just like higher contrast pics, which might be against the original theme of the pic ... Sorry, SB & AZ
    hey, sorry for what?! XD

    Me myself really love it when people ask for permission to interpret my pix ( cauntion hor, ask for permission --> not anyhow take take and ps ps T___T ) It's an honour for me and I believe stereobox has the same thinking too.

    Personally I prefer contrast in most shoot specially black and white, however for certain case I prefer something as soft as it is.

    But yours have another 'meaning' too somehow. Reminds me of student's works when he did a study on leg.

  11. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    2,940

    Default Re: a-photo-a-day for 2006

    Thanks, guys Actually I didn't do much to your pic ... I only converted to monochrome & increased the contrast. Considered B&W, but decided sepia had a nostalgic feel which i like ...

  12. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HoUgaNg (Any stalker? lol)
    Posts
    1,415

    Default Re: a-photo-a-day for 2006

    I C. Upz for the thread XD

  13. #73

    Default Re: a-photo-a-day for 2006

    as january draws to a close, i would like to congratulate all APAD/APAW'ers for surviving the first month of this project. only 11 more months to go!

  14. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HoUgaNg (Any stalker? lol)
    Posts
    1,415

    Default Re: a-photo-a-day for 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    as january draws to a close, i would like to congratulate all APAD/APAW'ers for surviving the first month of this project. only 11 more months to go!
    thanks auntie XD

    to be honest i almost give up =p

  15. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HoUgaNg (Any stalker? lol)
    Posts
    1,415

    Default Re: a-photo-a-day for 2006

    basicly now i got no camera n my photoshop somehow error T____T now it's very taugh for me.

  16. #76

    Default Re: a-photo-a-day for 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelZhou
    thanks auntie XD

    to be honest i almost give up =p
    dun give up! keep on going!

  17. #77

    Default Re: a-photo-a-day for 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelZhou
    basicly now i got no camera n my photoshop somehow error T____T now it's very taugh for me.
    eh ...how come no camera?

    no photoshop nvm....just download irfanview for free. that's what i use all the time anyway.

  18. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default Re: a-photo-a-day for 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    eh ...how come no camera?

    no photoshop nvm....just download irfanview for free. that's what i use all the time anyway.
    or Gimp (but personally i hate the interface)

    but actually she needs photoshop to open and edit NEF files. somehow there's error in both nikon and photoshop for her

    her camera broke...haven't repair for her yet

    and she refuses to use mine cos she 'don't like it'

    but i'm pretty sure she can go on.

    right honey?
    Last edited by Stereobox; 31st January 2006 at 01:08 AM.

  19. #79

    Default Re: a-photo-a-day for 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox
    or Gimp (but personally i hate the interface)

    but actually she needs photoshop to open and edit NEF files. somehow there's error in both nikon and photoshop for her

    her camera broke...haven't repair for her yet

    and she refuses to use mine cos she 'don't like it'

    but i'm pretty sure she can go on.

    right honey?
    on one hand it's disheartening not to have a fav cam or software available...but on the other hand it's an opportunity to see how one can shoot in adversity. much more of a challenge, and mebbe much more of a self discovery as well. i'm also confident she can go on!

  20. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default Re: a-photo-a-day for 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    on one hand it's disheartening not to have a fav cam or software available...but on the other hand it's an opportunity to see how one can shoot in adversity. much more of a challenge, and mebbe much more of a self discovery as well. i'm also confident she can go on!
    couldn't have said it any better!


    on a separate note, she has been getting quite a heavy load from her school and personal life. i mentioned this is because i just felt i need to share this with you guys: she's coping very very well already. and she always manage to make time for me somehow.

    thanks honey

    ( )

    somehow, working together on this project has given each other yet another dimension and perspective (eg from the kind folks on the APAD project) to our relationship
    Last edited by Stereobox; 31st January 2006 at 01:31 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •