Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get KT a replacement DSLR Fund

Deregistered

Default Get KT a replacement DSLR Fund

Foreword:

Alright, we've all known about KT's misfortunate accident over his loss of equipment, the value's worth we all know.

After reading and hearing about KT's predicament over the fact that his equipment is unable to be recovered, I as a friend, would like to help KT out in a very simple manner. Like KT's wife and others mentioned, everything is monetary in this case, so simply, monetary issues can resolve a bit of pain for KT.

Hereby, I'm intending to setup a fund to help KT get back at least a DSLR - 1st Hand D200 + Grip (est $3K, price gauged by TMC in Japan) or 2nd hand D2H (Buy and Sell forum).

Those who are interested may proceed to do/help KT in this manner, this is by no means any way to force people to feel obligated to help KT, I'm just doing what I can as a friend and not expecting anything in return.

So if anybody has ANY issues with this, OT posts will be reported to Mods and removed without notice.

Action:
    There's NO MINIMUM amount you can donate, $1, $0.50 is also good.

This list is consolidated from KT's thread earlier.

Anybody else interested, please list down, once the amount is hit, i will proceed to get him a set. If you want to remain anonymous, please PM me instead. I will send a PM to all to collect the money once the amount is reached.

All we need is 30 people (with $100 ea, again no minimum limit) to do this.

Donars - Amount*
    =============
    1) espn - S$100
    2) TMC - S$100 (Will source for good stuff over here)
    3) ernest_ted - S$100
    4) Dennis - S$100
    5) agape01 = S$50

Hit Est: 15%
    Target: $3K for D200 + MB-D200

*As at 30 Dec 2005 10.48am

Hit Est: 10%

Banal talks and those who think I've got ulterior motives, please note, OT posts will be reported to Mods and removed without notice.
    Last edited by espn; 30th December 2005 at 10:46 AM.

Default Re: Get KT a replacement DSLR Fund

Foreword:

Alright, we've all known about KT's misfortunate accident over his loss of equipment, the value's worth we all know.

After reading and hearing about KT's predicament over the fact that his equipment is unable to be recovered, I as a friend, would like to help KT out in a very simple manner. Like KT's wife and others mentioned, everything is monetary in this case, so simply, monetary issues can resolve a bit of pain for KT.

Hereby, I'm intending to setup a fund to help KT get back at least a DSLR - 1st Hand D200 + Grip (est $3K, price gauged by TMC in Japan) or 2nd hand D2H (Buy and Sell forum).

Those who are interested may proceed to do/help KT in this manner, this is by no means any way to force people to feel obligated to help KT, I'm just doing what I can as a friend and not expecting anything in return.

So if anybody has ANY issues with this, OT posts will be reported to Mods and removed without notice.

Action:

Anybody else interested, please list down, once the amount is hit, i will proceed to get him a set. If you want to remain anonymous, please PM me instead. I will send a PM to all to collect the money once the amount is reached.

Donars - Amount
    =============
    1) espn - S$100
    3) ernest_ted - S$100
    4) Dennis - S$100

Banal talks and those who think I've got ulterior motives, please note, OT posts will be reported to Mods and removed without notice.

Action:

Donars - Amount
    =============
    1) espn - S$100
    3) ernest_ted - S$100
    4) Dennis - S$100
    5) agape01 = S$50

Deregistered

Alright, as of this morning, we've a target hit of 15%. Keep going guys.

getting there

Deregistered

Upz for KT, how come no more coming in?

Hey espn, TMC, ernest_ted, Dennis and agape01

Thanks for your concern and support to me.
    At the time of my setback, you guys have shown a great helping hand and advise to me.
    But this gift is too heavy for me to accept and also at this moment, I have an D70 for my tentative usage. So no problem lor.

Hence, I think it is best to cancel the fund arrangement.
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tiger

At the time of my setback, you guys have shown a great helping hand and advise to me.
    But this gift is too heavy for me to accept and also at this moment, I have an D70 for my tentative usage. So no problem lor.

DR KOH KHO KING

Deregistered

Then we'll move on to the next best thing. A SB-800

Yeh or a 17-55, at least replace some lost items in his bag depending on how much we can gather.

Quote Originally Posted by espn

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    idea

Action:

Donars - Amount
    =============
    1) espn - S$100
    3) ernest_ted - S$100
    4) Dennis - S$100
    5) agape01 - S$50
    6) jnet6 - $50

Well said. If you are guys are in a charitable mood, why not donate the $ to the needy where every cent and dollar can do much more for them instead of spending it on luxury items.

I like your style!

Quote Originally Posted by shutterfly
    Well said. If you are guys are in a charitable mood, why not donate the $ to the needy where every cent and dollar can do much more for them instead of spending it on luxury items.
    Well said for you too!
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

KT, well said. I hope your new gear will be even better.

I'm in Australia, I can be on the look out for your stuff, but I think people lie over the internet regarding serial numbers. Besides, I think the offenders might have sold it in Malaysia, which would make it difficult to track. Regardless, press on if you can.

Happy new year to all.

Pls keep the thread clean from banal talks and OTs. Thanks.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by TMC
    Pls keep the thread clean from banal talks and OTs. Thanks.
    Thanks TMC, upz for KT.

Donars - Amount
    =============
    1) espn - S$100
    3) ernest_ted - S$100
    4) Dennis - S$100
    5) agape01 - S$50
    6) jnet6 - $50

Hit Est: ~17%

Last edited by espn; 1st January 2006 at 02:56 AM.

Deregistered

Upz for KT

to make everyone happy, let the collection rolls. At the end of it, instead of taking the gift, take the cash and donate the money to charity. They are happy, you are happy, and the needy will also be happy.

Read the previous posts, no banal talks pls!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast