Thread: Bag for DSLR?

Default Bag for DSLR?

Hi all,

any recommendations for a bag for a DSLR (D50), 2-3 lenses, flash, 1 spare batt. and some other small items.

Budget, not more than $100? Eh... is that possible?

Default Re: Bag for DSLR?

customize your own better. or the domke clone that is being sold in Buy and Sell is also good.

You could try the "Tenba Inserts" and use them in your current backpack, etc.

http://www.tenba.com/camera/camera_accessories_II.htm

Regards

Here's a good website for camera bag reviews... Hope it helps...

I have about the same setup as you and is using a Lowepro Orion Trekker most of the time... like it cuz it's a backpack and can pack some other misc stuff in it too...

www.cambags.com
    Last edited by frenchbean; 30th December 2005 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevyan
    Hi all,

any recommendations for a bag for a DSLR (D50), 2-3 lenses, flash, 1 spare batt. and some other small items.

Budget, not more than $100? Eh... is that possible?
    Didn't you get that free bag when you bought your D50? I thought that was a pretty good bag for what you intend to carry?

depends on what lenses u have lah. 50/1.8 and 300/2.8 would require very different bags!!! u should bring down ur gear to try at the shops, e.g. Cathay Photo.

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    depends on what lenses u have lah. 50/1.8 and 300/2.8 would require very different bags!!! u should bring down ur gear to try at the shops, e.g. Cathay Photo.
    Eh.... I have the kit lens... 18-55mm, 50mm and intending to buy the 55-200mm and either the SB600 or SB800.

Currently, I am using the Lowepro Stealth Reporter 100w... a bit cramp.

Depends on what you like, back pack or sling/messenger type.

I totally agree with the rest to get inserts and use them on an existing bag you own and you are comfortable with.

2nd hand is a very good option as well, if you want cheap, you can get the Lowepro Nova 3 AW. It should go for about $40 in B&S (it costs about $56 new) and it can easily fit what you have and intend to get. Key thing to note when getting from B&S, know the price the things are selling for in the shops, some sellers have a very deluded view on the value of their 2nd hand goods.