Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is the Magnification Eye Cup Available Now for E500?

Default Re: Is the Magnification Eye Cup Available Now for E500?

OMG OMG!!! the 18-180 is here!!
    $730.. hmmz....
    <<To be updated>> / Vivitar S1 70-210 f3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker
    Do they have stock now?
    From What i understand, oly sg has stock.

pls call TK to confirm/book the items.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor1
    $730.. hmmz....
    a link to one end-user's site
    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=17010819

$730.. hmmz....
    Optically wise, it doesn't seem to be up to the normal Zuiko standards, anyway that is normal for a zoom lens with such a range.

Will wait for more indepth reviews to be out before comitting on this lense.
    though a 11-22mm + 18-180mm arsenal would be nice for general and travel uses.

it seems that just like in dpreview, everybody is waiting for the comparision between 18-180mm and the 40-150mm. If optically similar, i believe an good deal of 40-150mm lense would be found in BnS soon.

We shouldnt compare it with the quality of the 50-200mm as it is of different category altogether.

Will wait for more indepth reviews to be out before comitting on this lense.
    though a 11-22mm + 18-180mm arsenal would be nice for general and travel uses.

it seems that just like in dpreview, everybody is waiting for the comparision between 18-180mm and the 40-150mm. If optically similar, i believe an good deal of 40-150mm lense would be found in BnS soon.

We shouldnt compare it with the quality of the 50-200mm as it is of different category altogether.
    The 40-150mm will be better. The 18-180 is a 10x zoom.

Yes true that the 40-150mm will be better, but by how much would be the main concern for me at least. If only Oly would come out with a 18(or 14)-150mm, wouldnt it be nice ^_^

I went to TK photo just now, didnt manage to get ME-1 eyecup nor try out the 18-180. They would have it in a week or 2.

Was also at CP Marina, they have neither of the items(me-1,18-180) mention above. Apparently, the store person told me that they only have accessories in the main store.
    Last edited by Raptor1; 4th February 2006 at 07:38 PM.

Yes true that the 40-150mm will be better, but by how much would be the main concern for me at least. If only Oly would come out with a 18(or 14)-150mm, wouldnt it be nice ^_^

I went to TK photo just now, didnt manage to get ME-1 eyecup nor try out the 18-180. They would have it in a week or 2.
    I see. u should have called to chk for stock status. I usually reserve the items b4 going down.

Haha, its ok as i was in the area for lunch and have my camera with me, so just pop by to take a look. I am so sure i will get the ME-1 if the shop have it.. haha.. well, too bad for me.

Haha, its ok as i was in the area for lunch and have my camera with me, so just pop by to take a look. I am so sure i will get the ME-1 if the shop have it.. haha.. well, too bad for me.
    Hi, guys, I got my ME-1 finally from CP!!! I've made my reservation long ago... using it, my fear of the view finder being dimmer or darker is proven wrong. The ME-1 is good, Bright. 1.2x manification. Significant for me.

Hope you guys can get yours soon.

BUY BUY BUY, May the BUY-RUS be with U.

Go reserve it 1st.

Brings back memories abt the D200 b4 it hit our shores. Some of the regulars reserved the units even without touchin it.

Quote Originally Posted by shchow
    Hi, guys, I got my ME-1 finally from CP!!! I've made my reservation long ago... using it, my fear of the view finder being dimmer or darker is proven wrong. The ME-1 is good, Bright. 1.2x manification. Significant for me.

Hope you guys can get yours soon.
    tok abt being fast....

Quote Originally Posted by chii
    tok abt being fast....
    YA... I have been thinking of it since the first week I have my E-500. Now, i'm happy!

Quote Originally Posted by shchow
    YA... I have been thinking of it since the first week I have my E-500. Now, i'm happy!
    I see. the 14~54 shld be on the next hit list. u will love the difference it gives over the 14~45

Yeah! I got mine too from CP. And I agree with shchow. Significant and brighter. I kept comparing it by removing the ME-1 and putting it back on to see. Can definitely see the difference. Guys, go get yours soon!

Looks like I missed you at CP, shchow. Hahaha...

shchow & raymond10, how much did you guys pay for the ME-1? Do CP have ready stock?

That's good news indeed!

Retail at $79. Gave me $70. Bargained to $68. I bought the 4th last one. So I think left 3 more. Think shchow got it earlier than me so when I left, got 3 more.

Quote Originally Posted by raymond10
    Retail at $79. Gave me $70. Bargained to $68. I bought the 4th last one. So I think left 3 more. Think shchow got it earlier than me so when I left, got 3 more.
    Gee.... you got a better deal than I do . I got it at $70 as his offered. I thought it's already lower than what I expect (tot it's retailed at 80+).

I'm not sure if they have other stocks or not, 'cos the unit i got is reserved (put aside). Didn't check with them. just give them a call.

their contacts can be found at http://www.cathayphoto.com.sg.

Good luck.

$2 less only. So no big deal. Considering the profits they make at $68 or $70, think they laughing all the way to the bank already.

Quote Originally Posted by chii
    I see. the 14~54 shld be on the next hit list. u will love the difference it gives over the 14~45
    hi, chii, i've got the 14~54 already! Its definitely faster than 14~45. Though, i can't say too much bad things about 14~45 also, 'cos I know it's a very capable lens too, have seen many nice pictures taken with the decent kit lens.

Next on my list are:
    1) 7~14mm or 8mm fisheye (not sure which one more suitable though). After I have the 11~22mm, I realized wide angle lens is very useful lens for me for capturing the "moments"... love the pictures with contexts.
    2) a telezoom. not sure should I just get the prime 150mm F2 or 50~200. For tele, I still don't know what's my shooting habbit yet and what I really need yet. I am thinking of a tele lens that allow me to shoot candids from far. May be some of you can let me have a feel of the tele lens...

anyway, i've made enough purchases (no more $$$). Now, it's for me to make full use of the current wonderful setup I have.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast