Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Canon EOS 350D or Nikon D70s

Default Re: Canon EOS 350D or Nikon D70s

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2
    hi all the pros out here, can i check with u guys, how big is the difference between the 1/4000 and 1/8000 shutter speed?

For example, i wanna shoot sports and animal photography, will the 1/4000 speed be able to do shots eg. freeze them
    You need a freeze ray.

Quote Originally Posted by zhang3feng
    1/500 is good enough for sports already no need hit till 1/4000, unless they r really moving extermly fast~!
    mmm..then most of the time, 1/4000, 1/8000 these kind of speed is used to capture wat sort of stuffs?

i think use to capture those shadowy figure which our eyes cant see...

like the movie- shutter

LOL

Reading thru the manual is always a good thing to do mah, there r info that can't be written in or on the camera..

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode
    We shouldn't have to refer to the manual in order to figure out what is where and for what.
    Just curious, what r those needless functions and gadgets that u r refering to?

And do u mean Nikon is not far behind in term of technology or the tendency to include needless functions & gadgets?

New cameras have too many features and gadgets these days that get in the way of shooting. And Canon is very guilty in this area of stuffing cameras with needless functions and gadgets.
    And Nikon is not far behind these days.

Default Re: canon EOS 350D or Nikon D70s

so for both nikon & canon.. they both produced very good picture quality.. unless u r those perfectionist.. "I WANT ONLY THE BEST & EVERYTHING BEST!" then takes out peanuts from pocket to trade with the best DSLR.. LOL offence huh~
    the key to picture quality in DSLR is in the sensor, it's like film in analog SLR. Canon 350D is like having Fuji film while D70 is using brand 'X' film. If the film sucks, how can picture come out good?

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2
    mmm..then most of the time, 1/4000, 1/8000 these kind of speed is used to capture wat sort of stuffs?
    if you're shootin into the sun, and that when u dont want to use too small an F-stop, IMO.For sports, i seldom go that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo
    Reading thru the manual is always a good thing to do mah, there r info that can't be written in or on the camera..

Just curious, what r those needless functions and gadgets that u r refering to?

And do u mean Nikon is not far behind in term of technology or the tendency to include needless functions & gadgets?

Pick up almost any camera body designed before 1985 and you will know what I mean. You don't need to even read through the manual to know how to use the camera.

One really doesn't need a lot of the functions (included in the camera bodies nowadays) to take good photos - e.g. a gazillion AF points, Multi-segment metering, CFs. Heck, there are still a lot of people using their manual focus camera bodies and producing good work (not forgetting all the people/artists who used cameras before these electronic wonders came out). You don't need the likes of a Canon 1Ds mk II (or whereever is the latest and greatest at the moment) to do that.

As a matter of fact, the more complex the camera is, the more that gets in the way of real photography. I'd bet that half of the functions and thingamebobs that are on cameras nowadays are hardly ever used.

Pick up almost any camera body designed before 1985 and you will know what I mean. You don't need to even read through the manual to know how to use the camera.

One really doesn't need a lot of the functions (included in the camera bodies nowadays) to take good photos - e.g. a gazillion AF points, Multi-segment metering, CFs. Heck, there are still a lot of people using their manual focus camera bodies and producing good work (not forgetting all the people/artists who used cameras before these electronic wonders came out). You don't need the likes of a Canon 1Ds mk II (or whereever is the latest and greatest at the moment) to do that.

As a matter of fact, the more complex the camera is, the more that gets in the way of real photography. I'd bet that half of the functions and thingamebobs that are on cameras nowadays are hardly ever used.
    I think that the functions are used..depending on the user.Because function usage varies from user.And the manufacturer cant possibly make a different camera for a different shooting style, so they just include all the functions, which results in most not being used, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by edward1
    the key to picture quality in DSLR is in the sensor, it's like film in analog SLR. Canon 350D is like having Fuji film while D70 is using brand 'X' film. If the film sucks, how can picture come out good?
    and since where did you get your comparison from? I would like to know. Pulling nonsense analogs from thin air isnt going to help the threadstarter.
    I dare to say when I put 2 pics in front of you without any exif or hint of which camera they are from, you would be pretty lost.
    Last edited by TMC; 1st January 2006 at 08:54 PM.

Canon = Fuji Film?

then FujiFilm = Kodak Film?

for ur info...
    Canon chose CMOS as their main sensor, less for 1 DSLR(i think).
    Nikon has a no. of different sensors for different bodies.
    FujiFilm is using their own hybrid Super CCD.

different sensors = different properties which in turn might affect picture quality.
    never in my mind do i for once feel that Canon's colour are those of FujiFilm's quality. i'll say Canon has their own characteristic.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

makes no sense
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

i'd like to see newbies load film and mount lenses on a screw leica. or use a tlr. or a rollei 35. a 5x4 view camera... before i believe that!

even more recent bodies have non-obvious functions/controls. e.g. the nikon fe2's ae-lock. on the other hand i didn't need manuals to figure out the canon 300d and 350d - very straightforward controls! easy to learn - only inferior ergonomically.

yanyewkay, i agree with u. i use nikon, but i prefer canon's colours & wb.

i like your joke~ LOL! but it's lame... u think using soap powder ah?
    Last edited by zhang3feng; 1st January 2006 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zhang3feng
    give a layman 20D it's still a layman picture... & in terms of picture quality lens plays a part too..
    agreed~! i allow the kids to play with my camera during one of my event recently.. and all those photos which they had taken are just photos.. no meaning, no story no feeling..

Quote Originally Posted by d7t3
    i'd like to see newbies load film and mount lenses on a screw leica. or use a tlr. or a rollei 35. a 5x4 view camera... before i believe that!

even more recent bodies have non-obvious functions/controls. e.g. the nikon fe2's ae-lock. on the other hand i didn't need manuals to figure out the canon 300d and 350d - very straightforward controls! easy to learn - only inferior ergonomically.

yanyewkay, i agree with u. i use nikon, but i prefer canon's colours & wb.
    Aahh but I did say 'almost'

Sure, a newbie would have problems with almost any camera, new or old. But for experienced old farts, it should be a different story.

Took me about 15-20mins to learn the 350D; which is 10-15mins too long for me.

Have had no need for ae-lock on my FE2s. Never used it.
    Last edited by Tetrode; 1st January 2006 at 10:10 PM.

Deregistered

Wahahaha... this cracks me up, best B*llsh*t I've read since 2006 started
    Last edited by espn; 1st January 2006 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Wahahaha... this cracks me up, best B*llsh*t I've read since 2006 started
    is there any best B*llsh*t award in CS???

Toys For more than 1 K ?????

Now .. can you trow your toys around ????? Dun think i will do it to my ...

Quote: Originally Posted by: edward1 the key to picture quality in DSLR is in the sensor, it's like film in analog SLR. Canon 350D is like having Fuji film while D70 is using brand 'X' film. If the film sucks, how can picture come out good?

Good Camera .. Good Lens .. but . not = To Good Pic ...
    No good Camrera ... No Good Lens .. But You still can get Good Pic if you got the Skill ..

All in All .. Good camera good lens .. We are there just to push the button ,,,
    :P

I would choose canon. I heard on fedmiranda.com or somewhere than most people who use canon won't change system. Furthermore the best optics and the most expensive optics rules. I remembered i saw some where on a Korean website that the world's most expensive lens is the EF 1200mm F5.6L

Took me about 15-20mins to learn the 350D. Have had no need for ae-lock on my FE2s.
    ok, peace. we just have different experiences. i'm happy with what i use, hope you're happy with yours.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast