Thread: Camera becomes mouldy liao! Need Help pls!

Default Camera becomes mouldy liao! Need Help pls!

Hi guys, I've been using my 60D from 2011 to 2013 and after that i quit photography liao. recently i dig out my 60D from my cupboard ( without dry box ) and found out there's mould growing on the mirror and my camera ( pls see pic). Any pros here can provide advice how to remove the mould? Much Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Camera becomes mouldy liao! Need Help pls!

Chances are that this is only the visible part of the growth and there is more behind the covers. So it's rather a decontamination than just a bit of cleaning.
    You can try Canon Service Center (be prepared for some premium price), the camera shops in Peninsula Plaza / Adelphi or our forum's camera whisperer fatigue.
    EOS

time for

Oh dear, not to alarm you, but the mold looks pretty bad. I would also recommend taking it down to a service center to get it cleaned out completely.

Is there mold in your lenses too? If there's none at the moment it would be best not to use them with the camera for the time being to prevent the mold from spreading.

hi guys! thanks for all the advice! yeah i think i better bring to canon service centre. just pray that the sensor not affected T_T anyone aga aga know the cost at canon to fix this?

They list a range of cost estimates here: http://www.canon.com.sg/personal/web...anguageCode=EN

Safe to say, at least $128.40 and up, based on CLASS B SERVICE (Class B – Extensive service. Generally takes more than 40 minutes.) for EOS 1300D / EOS 100D / EOS 200D / EOS 750D / EOS 760D / EOS 800D / EOS 70D / EOS 77D/ EOS 80D / EOS 7D / EOS 7D Mark II. But note that this is for standard servicing, fungus cleaning will likely get a special quote. Likely they will need to disassemble to survey the extent of the damage before giving you a quote.

Be prepared for varying outcomes. If they assess that your damage is too severe or beyond what they are able/willing to clean, they may quote you for the replacement of parts, or if no availability of parts due to EOL (60D is a 2010 model), they might tell you cannot save. More cost effective to buy a new replacement. Just bring in and see how I guess.

If you still want to clarify, best to call them:

Service Hotline (Voice options)
    6799 8686

Main Line (Voice options)
    6799 8888

Fax Number
    6799 8882

Call Us:
    Monday to Friday
    8:30am – 6:00pm

Closed on Public Holidays.

http://www.canon.com.sg/local/sg/service/index.jsp
    Good luck!

Don't worry, even if the fungus has reached inside the sensor filter, it can still be cleaned without parts replacement.
    9815-1974
    FB: Hilos Camera Repair

Quote Originally Posted by fatigue View Post
    Don't worry, even if the fungus has reached inside the sensor filter, it can still be cleaned without parts replacement.
    Doctor Fatigue is here.... call him bro for additional recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by NikF601 View Post
    Doctor Fatigue is here.... call him bro for additional recommendation

The expert speaks!

Camera Hospital is my regular service center. Its also canon out source "doctor".

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

expert lai liaoz....