You can recycle your silica gel by placing it on a pyrex plate and putting it in either an oven or the microwave. Microwave is way faster. Bake it till it is blue. If it becomes dark blue, the silica gel is damaged. There is a limit to how many times you can "recharge" your gel.
Caution it gets very hot, hence the use of pyrex. Plastic will melt.
It is not harmful to the body when you bake it in the oven or microwave.
The above was sourced from the web. Use at your own risk I am not responsible for any loss of life or damage to your equipment.
For me I use a dry cabinet set at 40%. Any lower it will dry up your gear and cause cracks.
If you search the Zeiss website, there is a PDF on fungus on lens issue. Good read from one of the best two lens makers in the world.