Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Newbie Walkabout

  1. #1

    Default Newbie Walkabout

    Took some shots today.Give newbie some critiques for improvement.Thanks.
    1.Spider(Dont knw what species)

    2.same spider having meal

    3.Damsfly

    4.

    5.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Newbie Walkabout

    6.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Newbie Walkabout

    hey like ur #5...where was it taken? labodor?(sorry for spelling error)

  4. #4

    Default Re: Newbie Walkabout

    Those sunset were taken at inbetween SG & johor causeway.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Newbie Walkabout

    just a general notice to all. pls observe the posting guidelines in here.

    http://clubsnap.org/forums/showpost....65&postcount=1

    just somethings that might be worth a look.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Newbie Walkabout

    sorie,i post too many pics.Wont do it again.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Newbie Walkabout

    Bro.. nice colours and sharpness.. very good for a newbie..

    MIght wanna work on your composition.. rule of 3rds etc.. everything seems to be in the dead center for most of the pics..

    Good job

  8. #8

    Default Re: Newbie Walkabout

    Thanks for e comments,will try to work with composition next time.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    2,940

    Default Re: Newbie Walkabout

    May I know your setup for #5 & #6? ... very nicely done, the sun was not burned out, can see the nice roundness, yet there were enough details left on the jetty such that it's not just one black mass

  10. #10

    Default Re: Newbie Walkabout

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz23
    May I know your setup for #5 & #6? ... very nicely done, the sun was not burned out, can see the nice roundness, yet there were enough details left on the jetty such that it's not just one black mass
    I jus meter e sky outside the sun & lock e exposure.Hope tis helps.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Newbie Walkabout

    Quote Originally Posted by Vstrom
    Bro.. nice colours and sharpness.. very good for a newbie..

    MIght wanna work on your composition.. rule of 3rds etc.. everything seems to be in the dead center for most of the pics..

    Good job
    maybe he is a professional...hw u know he newbie....
    anyway,weilong whats your camera?

  12. #12

    Default Re: Newbie Walkabout

    Quote Originally Posted by seanlim
    maybe he is a professional...hw u know he newbie....
    He said in the title as a "Newbie Walkabout".

  13. #13

    Default Re: Newbie Walkabout

    Quote Originally Posted by seanlim
    maybe he is a professional...hw u know he newbie....
    anyway,weilong whats your camera?
    I'm newbie jus started photography few mths ago,Me still got lots to learn.Anyway i'm using a D70s.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    2,940

    Default Re: Newbie Walkabout

    Quote Originally Posted by weilong05
    I jus meter e sky outside the sun & lock e exposure.Hope tis helps.
    Cool!

  15. #15

    Default Re: Newbie Walkabout

    Quote Originally Posted by sumball
    He said in the title as a "Newbie Walkabout".
    haha espn also say he newbie...but "old" newbie..lol

  16. #16

    Default Re: Newbie Walkabout

    newbie with D70s ahhh ... maybe newbie pro

    abt the metering of the sunset, I think it work just for this moment of the sunset; wld not work in general I wld say. Best is to do exposure bracketing and shoot very fast.

    did u use a macro lens for the spider shots?

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    2,940

    Default Re: Newbie Walkabout

    Quote Originally Posted by espion
    newbie with D70s ahhh ... maybe newbie pro

    abt the metering of the sunset, I think it work just for this moment of the sunset; wld not work in general I wld say. Best is to do exposure bracketing and shoot very fast.

    did u use a macro lens for the spider shots?
    I think u're right, the sun is not so "burning" just before it sets ...

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Northen part of Sing a pore
    Posts
    2,153

    Default Re: Newbie Walkabout

    like your 5 & 6 however is the "kelong" part of the theme? it could be better if the silhouette of the kelong is more defined.

  19. #19
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: Newbie Walkabout

    nice sun,next time go shoot bring me along,i also newbie.


  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    2,940

    Default Re: Newbie Walkabout

    Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    nice sun,next time go shoot bring me along,i also newbie.
    Good idea, we can have a newbie walkabout!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •