Thread: Newbie to Forum

Default Newbie to Forum

Hi all,

I own a nikon coolpix 5700 but looking to step up to dSLR soon...currently considering Nikon D50 but dont quite like the kit lens...wondering if anyone know where to shop for best deals for camera and lenses...

any comments and help will be appreciated...thx

Default Re: Newbie to Forum

welcome to CS,why do you don't like the kit len?

Quote Originally Posted by WongCL
    Hi all,

I own a nikon coolpix 5700 but looking to step up to dSLR soon...currently considering Nikon D50 but dont quite like the kit lens...wondering if anyone know where to shop for best deals for camera and lenses...

any comments and help will be appreciated...thx
    For a start, u can refer to the Nikon Price Guide found in the Nikon subforum.

If what u want cannot be found in the price guide, u can call up the shops listed there for quotations

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    welcome to CS,why do you don't like the kit len?
    many reviews say it's not sharp...so i thot might as well get a good lens and stick with it until i m good enuf to try something else...

Well, reviews write what they want u to see.

And dun look down on kit lenses. There are brudders here (myself inclusive) who done weddings using kit lenses. I had covered events with the 300D kit lens (which many considered it as a throw-away lens) as well as the Minolta 5D kit lens and still able to wow.

There's no point getting excellent glasses when u ain't able to appreciate the beauty of simple stuff. Stick with the kit lens (since it comes with it anyway) till u feel that u REQUIRE the constant aperture of good lenses (like 17-35 f/2.8, ehehehe) or u feel that ur skill has like gone 1-up kind of thing.

But if u have the money to throw, we ain't stopping u frm getting good lens (which many Nikon brudders have lotsa excellent suggestions).

Dun rely on reviews too much. How many times do u actually blow up ur pictures and print at 100% view?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

i c...thx for your advice...i will prob keep the kit lens for a while...will upgrade when my skill improves...

hiz, me also new to the forum. Anyway i'm also considering the D50 but the D70s is also another consideration. KM 5D also is a gd start for DSLR

Deregistered

Welcome, me also newbie, used to own CP5700, then bought CP4600 now using CP S4.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Welcome, me also newbie, used to own CP5700, then bought CP4600 now using CP S4.
    U is 'old newbie' not counted. :
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

i called CP today...D50 selling at $1335 can pay by installment...MS selling at $1288 but installment + 5% extra = $1352.4...

me still thinking v hard to convince myself to buy D50...but hand damn itchy liao

Deregistered

i called CP today...D50 selling at $1335 can pay by installment...MS selling at $1288 but installment + 5% extra = $1352.4...

me still thinking v hard to convince myself to buy D50...but hand damn itchy liao
    Why think so hard? Just do it.

just a little more and go for D70s....way much better...if not ask espn....
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil: