Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to take fireworks during 31st Dec

Default Re: Where to take fireworks during 31st Dec

Quote Originally Posted by Canew
    Can anyone tell how long will the display at the Marina area be?
    Guess that it is going off at the stroke of midnight?

9 minutes in all, according to our local newspaper (yesterday).

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by yyD70S
    9 minutes in all, according to our local newspaper (yesterday).
    Regards.
    Thanks, yyD70S.

Blog Entries

a unique location would be the cable cars
    saw a TVC that there would be fireworks/sparklers coming from each cable car

IIRC, re. yesterday's Straits Times, the best viewpoint for the Marina Bay fireworks would be along the Esplanade Waterfront and the adjoining bridge.

Regards.
    Thanks yyD70S! Yours noted So there will be expected huge number of crowds there right? Is the bridge you mentioned this place here ?
    My tripod height I think less than 1.5m, hope is high enough to set along the railings along the bridge.
    Last edited by jimbok; 30th December 2005 at 11:51 AM.
    My **flickr Album

Quote Originally Posted by jimbok
    Thanks yyD70S! Yours noted So there will be expected huge number of crowds there right? Is the bridge you mentioned this place here ?
    My tripod height I think less than 1.5m, hope is high enough to set along the railings along the bridge.

Hello Jimbok,

You are absolutely right. And those are nice perspective shots of the fireworks. Not too sure about whether your tripod height is good enough but I guess you should be able to improvise once you are there.

Too bad it's too late for me. No transport. Tripod too heavy. Lack the energy nowadays. Another lost opportunity to capture fireworks (have never in my life). I hope someone would point me to the best viewpoint once the Chinese New Year fireworks comes around though..... and I hope it won't be at midnight again!

will Shears bridge be the ideal location to shoot the fireworks?

IIRC, re. yesterday's Straits Times, the best viewpoint for the Marina Bay fireworks would be along the Esplanade Waterfront and the adjoining bridge.

Regards.
    couldnt get yest papers leh.. did they mention where is the firing point?

wah,the marina bay fireworks is definitely worth shooting.
    got some info liao.

Anyone know any location to shoot the Braddell Heights fireworks? cause from the posters under my place, i think there will be fireworks at the countdown party there. Any idea? cause i live near there, may shoot that if i have the time.

Harr... U mean this year's Countdown fireworks at Maria Bay will be fired at the same spot shown below???

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...ight=fireworks

Nice to view but dun think it will make a good pic. Too much dark sky and water.

Any comments?

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    got some info liao.
    Fireworks display had been fired many times from Marina Bay in the past and we can expect more in the future.

Although it's still worth taking pictures of it, many photographers already have that in their collections and therefore would prefer to shoot something different if there are other fabulous and more unique choices.

Question Re: Where to take fireworks during 31st Dec

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    got some info liao.
    anyway info you would like to share with the CS folks here?
    mOi bLoG - "i bLoG, dO yOu?"

Quote Originally Posted by David
    Harr... U mean this year's Countdown fireworks at Maria Bay will be fired at the same spot shown below???

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...ight=fireworks

Nice to view but dun think it will make a good pic. Too much dark sky and water.

Any comments?
    If it's going to be fired from there (the sea in front of Marina promenade and the empty plot of land across the river mouth), then either take from the esplanade, esplanade bridge, Merlion & adjacent area or, like many people did, Benjamin Shears Bridge.

If take fireworks pictures from Benjamin Shears Bridge, the Esplanade and the tall buildings at Raffles place would provide a nice backdrop.

u guys think i can get a nice view of the fireworks from my red star location as above???
    i wanna find a less hot spot, see fireworks, take some pic, bring out my flowers and propose at the same time.. dun want crowded place but must can see fireworks.

lol..... any help guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie
    couldnt get yest papers leh.. did they mention where is the firing point?
    See member David's link (yesterday @ 10:43pm)... that's one of the recommended firing point + the stretch at Esplanade Waterfront.

I guess firing just the fireworks shouldn't be a problem with the exact spot... but including some nice backdrops take alot of thoughts... past experiences (which I don't have to share), etc. Perhaps, other members would offer better tips.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by alankuik
    u guys think i can get a nice view of the fireworks from my red star location as above???
    i wanna find a less hot spot, see fireworks, take some pic, bring out my flowers and propose at the same time.. dun want crowded place but must can see fireworks.

lol..... any help guys?
    If, as I expect, the fireworks are going to be fired from the usual places (red crosses in the map below), then your red star location would be too far to see as you'll be blocked by trees and the bridge.

During the fireworks festival in August this year, fireworks were fired from the blue crosses for a few weekends after National Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockunder
    Yes, settings are
    Aperture : F/8-F/16 (smaller aperture such as f/11 or F/16 will give finer(thinner and probably nicer) fireworks trails than using F/8)
    Shutter : 3-8 seconds (or even longer, depending on the light and duration intensity).
    ISO : 100 or lowest possible (such as 200 on Nikon D50 or D70)

My previous shots :
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=144937

I'm thinking of going down to Sentosa on 31 Dec in the afternoon to take some pictures and then later in the night/evening, shoot the fireworks at Mount Faber from Sentosa Ferry Terminal.

However I'm worried that it's too far to shoot from there. Think must do some recce around Mt. Faber first before heading to Sentosa.
    me going to sentosa to shoot mt faber fireworks too... but wat i'm afraid most is that the cable cars and fireworks that would be fired from them would add distractions to the photos. and also there seems to be a lack of a nice backdrop to the photos like the CBD skyline except for the world's "tallest" chrismtas tree and maybe the harbourfront building

anyone organising a trip for the mount faber one? care to share info?

Quote Originally Posted by londonray
    anyone organising a trip for the mount faber one? care to share info?
    best spot would be near ferry terminal in sentosa facing harbourfront.Vantage view.
    if lucky,still can get some cruise ship as foreground.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast