Thread: Colour Correction

Default Colour Correction

Hi, when I sent my photos to print, I was asked whether I wanted colour correction. Anybody knows what they do if you agree to let them do colour correction? Thanks.

Default Re: Colour Correction

Quote Originally Posted by thamws
    Hi, when I sent my photos to print, I was asked whether I wanted colour correction. Anybody knows what they do if you agree to let them do colour correction? Thanks.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, they'll do minor adjustment (brightness, contrast, saturation, etc) to make your pics look better before printing.

Otherwise, if you choose not to, they'll not do anything but print as sent it.

the technican will do some RGBCMYK balancing. he/she decides what colours should be increased/decreased. It's helpful if your original pictures have a obvious colour cast, then the competent technican will help remove it. the less-competent technican might end up screwing up the colours. it all depends.

ps. are those film or digital prints?
    Last edited by foxtwo; 25th December 2005 at 05:35 PM.

Thanks for the reply. I meant digital print. Do you guys think it's advisable to let the lab adjust the colour of your prints? Or is it better if you'll adjust yourself instead?