Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hong Kong 2016

Default Re: Hong Kong 2016

Hong Kong has many hiking trails and I took the chance to explore some of them in this trip.
    Here is the well known Dragon's Back Trail. To reach here, you can the train to Chai Wan (not Wan Chai ah!), and then take bus number 9 to Shek O road. Alight after 6 stops (stop at Tou Dei Wan) and you can start the short hike of about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
    Last edited by gator; 10th October 2017 at 11:10 PM. Reason: spelling and additional information

From the Dragon Back's hike, I hopped onto a local mini bus to the Shek-O beach.
    It was one of those unplanned moment; where you just follow the instinct and go with the flow - Hence I'm can't say how to get to Shek-O. But it's near enough so one shouldn't have a problem!

The Shek-O beach is filled with locals hanging out, it's a nice place to observe the Hong Kong way of life.

There's some rocky out-crops beyond the beach to silently observe the swish of the ocean.

The sunset was awesome!

I stayed overnight in Chai Wan and caught the sunrise from the Dragon's back trail the next morning. This is the view to the other side. Those houses must cost a bomb with that killer views of the mountain and sea!
    Last edited by gator; 10th October 2017 at 11:12 PM. Reason: typo

The classic modes of transportation in Hong Kong. The tram and the red taxis so commonly shown in the Hong Kong dramas.

The local market in Chai Wan has some photo ops; and I find the set up of the market just below the towering buildings a unique scene.

I shall name this photo: The colour of meat

Nice series! Good to see the less commonly visited trails, looks like you had a good time exploring

(just a nitpick, saturation a bit on the high side on some photos according to my preferences)

Quote Originally Posted by thoongeng View Post
    Nice series! Good to see the less commonly visited trails, looks like you had a good time exploring

(just a nitpick, saturation a bit on the high side on some photos according to my preferences)
    Thank you for visiting and for your suggestions.
    Will scale back a little on the saturation adjustments bar next time.

Cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12