Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon 350D or Nikon D50? Help....

Deregistered

Default Re: Canon 350D or Nikon D50? Help....

Quote Originally Posted by kevyan
    Ah....! My wife bought the Nikon D50 from my friend and gave it to me.....

Now, I don't have to choose liao.....
    Introduce your wife leh?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot99
    Well you can always sell it at $950 and you have the choice again. Hey dun let yourselve get ruled by circumstances and you will always be unhappy since its not your choice. Getting it yourselve and being given is not the same since you will not appreciate it as much. Whats more you need to get all the lens and accessory which one day will outweigh this $950.
    Same... sell at $950, top up for another camera, the lens and accessory also one day will outweight the other camera, so what's your point?

Since, you now own the D50, go out and shoot with your kit-lens and try
    the different functions.
    The more you shoot and hold the camera, the more you will like it as you begin
    to master the control. But if after 1 month of shooting and you still prefer a Canon 350D.
    It is still not too late to switch, by selling of your D50.
    As usual, I want to say, both are capable and good. Both have their plus and minus.

Just like any weapons, all kill. But how good really depends on the shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by runes
    Based on quality of pics I think the 350D is slightly better with sharper pics and more megapixels, but are you going to print very large photos it shows the difference?

Based on ergonomics definitely the D50 wins, which I felt immediately comparing both. You're going to hold the camera so it must feel comfortable.
    If you buy camera for picture quality, you can't go wrong with 350D.

Allow me to recomend the E-500 ^_^
    <<To be updated>> / Vivitar S1 70-210 f3.5

I don't think I will sell the D50 without giving it a chance.... moreover, it's a gift from my wife...

It's not like we are very well to do, but she took the effort and $$$ to support me in this area, it is only right I appreciate it by accepting it, use and begin to learn to take good pictures with it....

I like photography, but I love my wife more..... if I really need to change it.... I will explain to her and get her understanding first....

there is no absolute answer.. but for $950 for D50 seems not bad a deal... I will get that immediately

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by sky888
    there is no absolute answer.. but for $950 for D50 seems not bad a deal... I will get that immediately
    You didn't read through the thread right? Just post after reading post one?

Read post #26 right before yours.

guess you are totally right! since you have the system, why not test it and compare the final result in imaging and handling with the rest of the brands to make a comparison.

I don't think I will sell the D50 without giving it a chance.... moreover, it's a gift from my wife...

It's not like we are very well to do, but she took the effort and $$$ to support me in this area, it is only right I appreciate it by accepting it, use and begin to learn to take good pictures with it....

I like photography, but I love my wife more..... if I really need to change it.... I will explain to her and get her understanding first....
    wow thats very important to explain to her. MMmm.. this is something i never thought of. Well think try it out and change if your perfer the other. Or buy a 2nd hand D350 to try together and choose if got lots of cash to spare

Ah....! My wife bought the Nikon D50 from my friend and gave it to me.....

Now, I don't have to choose liao.....
    Wow...envy you got so supportive wife....

Quote Originally Posted by edward1
    If you buy camera for picture quality, you can't go wrong with 350D.
    Don't know about you, but I buy camera to take quality pictures, not for "picture quality".

And welcome to the world of DSLR photography.

whoa.. you should get your wife to read the above. she would be touched.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernLights
    Wow...envy you got so supportive wife....
    Don't envy lah, appreciate and cherish your own too!

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper
    Don't envy lah, appreciate and cherish your own too!
    Haha....

Agreed... She maybe supportive in other areas you might not know yet..... cherish her and love her dearly.....

That's a very reasonable attitude. Apart from ethics/relationship issues, let me add that:

The better camera always seems to be the one that one doesn't have (i.e. the grass is always greener on the other side). However, the camera you actually have gets you infinitely more good pictures than the one you can only admire in the window of a shop. If you don't see a killer argument for/against a certain model, why not simply accept the choice of fate (resp. your wife)?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12