Thread: What type of CF card to use for winter conditions?

Default What type of CF card to use for winter conditions?

Hey guys,will be going korea on monday.
    was just wondering whether i can use my Kingston Elite Pro there without facing any problems..
    Cuz i checked the operating temp & it states 0 to 60 degrees celsius..
    shouldn't be a problem right?

Default Re: What type of CF card to use for winter conditions?

better get Sandisk extreme

i would tink no problem with normal CF cards. unless u leave ur camera in a tripod in the freezing cold for hours, the CF card won't really reach freezing temperatures. get some packs of handwarmers into ur cam bag and whatever inside shd be quite comfy and warm.

Deregistered

Had a Lexar 80X inside my Cam while in Japan, hung around my neck for hours, no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by RtOaNn
    Hey guys,will be going korea on monday.
    was just wondering whether i can use my Kingston Elite Pro there without facing any problems..
    Cuz i checked the operating temp & it states 0 to 60 degrees celsius.
    shouldn't be a problem right?
    60 degrees!! hotter than the big drought in Thailand & China sometime back. dun know how many living things can survive under this temp. i think s'pore max is about 33 - 34 degrees C.

reminds me of a song "Oh Suzena".... "the sun so hot i froze to death Suzena don't you cry..."

anyway, i guess your safest bet is to get a more reputable brand like Lexar or Sandisk as what locksley & espn had suggested. i m also using Lexar but not going to cold countries anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper
    60 degrees!! hotter than the big drought in Thailand & China sometime back. dun know how many living things can survive under this temp. i think s'pore max is about 33 - 34 degrees C.

reminds me of a song "Oh Suzena".... "the sun so hot i froze to death Suzena don't you cry..."

anyway, i guess your safest bet is to get a more reputable brand like Lexar or Sandisk as what locksley & espn had suggested. i m also using Lexar but not going to cold countries anytime soon.
    The 60 degree maximum rating is meant for proper device operation only. It is not the operating temperature for the user. But going above the maximum rating might result in the device going crazy. Permanent damage might also occur.

What do you think of the operating temperature range for the pots and pans in your kitchen? -200 to 400 degrees? Do you think you can you ta-han those extreme temperature in this case?

oops, pardon my misinterpretation. didn't read properly. but i wud still recommend the better brand of mem cards, no doubt.

Sandisk Extreme or Sandisk Extreme III or Sandisk Ultra II

website... www.vector-magnetics.com

in the site can check out for the authorised dealers...
    Simple Is Beautiful...

Doesn't matter. I used 2 x Lexar 80x 1GB in winter condition, -10 to 0, without a problem. The battery drain much faster - and that is more of a problem.

IMHO, don't need to get those expensive extreme cards, unless you're really going to extreme condition like north pole or antartica.. My sis used her XD card in her consumer cam in -18deg and she's shooting like how she shoot in SG.. without a problem.

Usually the problem lies with the battery and not the CF card. Do carry a few batteries with you and do keep them warm before using.