Thread: Drawing tablets: Wacom vs Genius?

Question Drawing tablets: Wacom vs Genius?

I'm looking for a budget drawing tablet. Occasional use, nothing too serious. I've seen some of the Genius ones selling at almost 1/3 the price of similar Wacom models.

WizardPen 5x4 - S$55
    MousePen 8x6 - S$75

Anybody have/heard of any feedback on Genius tablets?

And does anyone know if there's any place in Sg selling the Professional Pensketch models?

Thanks.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Default Re: Drawing tablets: Wacom vs Genius?

OK

Got myself a drawing tablet. Cheapo one, lah. $75 nia. The Genius 8x6 MousePen. A Wacom Graphire4 8x6 costs $289, while the Intuos3 8x6 costs $569!

The Genius is cheap, and in certain ways it shows. The pen device has decidedly cheap buttons that feel as if they may break any time soon. The mouse included in the set is a joke. But that doesn't matter as I'm using my original Creative Wireless Mouse, speaking of which, there seems to be a minor conflict between the Creative and Genius app. software. Never used the Wacom (or any other tablet for that matter) so I've got no point of reference for pointer accuracy and ease of use. But it does feel quite nice to use, actually.

I guess you'll get what you pay for but heck, for 75 bucks, I can't really complain, can I? I think it's a really good way to get introduced to pen-input devices. (just hope the buttons don't break. Like I said, them's are nasty buttons.)

Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman