Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Question: Which Backpack is better? CompuTrekker PLus AW or Natura Trekker AW2

  1. #1

    Default Question: Which Backpack is better? CompuTrekker PLus AW or Natura Trekker AW2

    Deciding on a backpack camera bag, and I've found the size of both the bag quite right for me... if you have use any of these backpack, could you gimme an insight on how you feel abt it? thanks.

    Computrekker Plus AW
    http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Back...r_Plus_AW.aspx
    Pros: Can put Laptop, Lighter
    Cons: Not as good material(relatively), not as good construct


    Nature Trekker AW II
    http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Back...ker_AW_II.aspx
    Pros: Better Material, better construct
    Cons: Heavier, Price
    Last edited by RossChang; 26th December 2005 at 11:31 AM.

  2. #2
    Member eawtan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    1,370

    Default Re: Question: Which Backpack is better? CompuTrekker PLus AW or Natura Trekker AW2

    Quote Originally Posted by RossChang
    Deciding on a backpack camera bag, and I've found the size of both the bag quite right for me... if you have use any of these backpack, could you gimme an insight on how you feel abt it? thanks.

    Computrekker Plus AW
    http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Back...r_Plus_AW.aspx
    Pros: Better Material, better construct
    Cons: Heavier, Price


    Nature Trekker AW II
    http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Back...ker_AW_II.aspx
    Pros: Can put Laptop, Lighter
    Cons: Not as good material(relatively), not as good construct

    According to BH Photo,
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

    The computrekker plus is cheaper and lighter than the nature trekker ...

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Sinagpore
    Posts
    909

    Default Re: Question: Which Backpack is better? CompuTrekker PLus AW or Natura Trekker AW2

    Buy buy buy !

  4. #4

    Default Re: Question: Which Backpack is better? CompuTrekker PLus AW or Natura Trekker AW2

    Quote Originally Posted by selamatlzh
    Buy buy buy !
    You buy first I try later... :P

  5. #5

    Default Re: Question: Which Backpack is better? CompuTrekker PLus AW or Natura Trekker AW2

    Think that depends on where you travelling. Used the Nature Trekker II before and I would not carry it on the MRT during the peak hours ... people will be killed if you turn your body too fast

  6. #6

    Default Re: Question: Which Backpack is better? CompuTrekker PLus AW or Natura Trekker AW2

    Judging from the size of the backpacks you are looking at, how about taking a look at this one also? I personally use this and find it very good...

    http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Back...rekker_II.aspx
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Question: Which Backpack is better? CompuTrekker PLus AW or Natura Trekker AW2

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman
    Judging from the size of the backpacks you are looking at, how about taking a look at this one also? I personally use this and find it very good...

    http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Back...rekker_II.aspx
    This one... can't really carry long lens leh... preservation for the future... ngek ngek ngek...

  8. #8

    Default Re: Question: Which Backpack is better? CompuTrekker PLus AW or Natura Trekker AW2

    You can ask him for opinions of the Nature Trekker....

    http://forum.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=167547
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    306

    Default Re: Question: Which Backpack is better? CompuTrekker PLus AW or Natura Trekker AW2

    you need to know
    Is carrying the laptop needed? or just a option you wanted.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Question: Which Backpack is better? CompuTrekker PLus AW or Natura Trekker AW2

    Quote Originally Posted by pcwe68
    you need to know
    Is carrying the laptop needed? or just a option you wanted.
    Oh... its a nice to have option, but I don't think I would need it...

    C'mon, anyone used these bags? any complaints/praise?

  11. #11

    Default Re: Question: Which Backpack is better? CompuTrekker PLus AW or Natura Trekker AW2

    Consider CompuRover AW too bro.

  12. #12
    Moderator chngpe01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,863
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Question: Which Backpack is better? CompuTrekker PLus AW or Natura Trekker AW2

    Quote Originally Posted by RossChang
    Oh... its a nice to have option, but I don't think I would need it...

    C'mon, anyone used these bags? any complaints/praise?
    I used both before for overseas trips but sold them as I just don't like them.

    Though it can hold my 500mmf4 lens, cameras, accessories and laptop. I find the bag itself to be too heavily padded and very very heavy. Already my gears are heavy and the additional weight of the bag is just too much.

    Now I just use a Nighthawk backpack and a few thin neoprene sheets to wrap round my lens and cameras like tortillas and put it into the backpack. The blackhawk can hold up to 1 500mmf4 with camera attached, a 200-400f4 and another camera, 2 flashes, a notebook, a camelbak water bag and other small accessories. Can be carry on board a plane too. I tested this set up in my recent trip to Romania and I find no problem at all.

    IMHO, I find that if the weight of the camera bag is up to 30-40% of your gear it is not worth at all. Just my opinion.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Question: Which Backpack is better? CompuTrekker PLus AW or Natura Trekker AW2

    Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01
    I used both before for overseas trips but sold them as I just don't like them.

    Though it can hold my 500mmf4 lens, cameras, accessories and laptop. I find the bag itself to be too heavily padded and very very heavy. Already my gears are heavy and the additional weight of the bag is just too much.

    Now I just use a Nighthawk backpack and a few thin neoprene sheets to wrap round my lens and cameras like tortillas and put it into the backpack. The blackhawk can hold up to 1 500mmf4 with camera attached, a 200-400f4 and another camera, 2 flashes, a notebook, a camelbak water bag and other small accessories. Can be carry on board a plane too. I tested this set up in my recent trip to Romania and I find no problem at all.

    IMHO, I find that if the weight of the camera bag is up to 30-40% of your gear it is not worth at all. Just my opinion.
    Very interesting... maybe I should consider converting my old Deuter to a Cam Backpack...

    Btw, wut's a Nighthawk Backpack?... u have pictures?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Question: Which Backpack is better? CompuTrekker PLus AW or Natura Trekker AW2

    Quote Originally Posted by Slivester
    Consider CompuRover AW too bro.
    Rover... prehaps not...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •