Thread: Any nice scenery to shoot in Zurich and Basel?

Default Any nice scenery to shoot in Zurich and Basel?

Would be going later this month.... but dunno whether it's a good idea to extend my stay in Zurich.......
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

i don't think there is much .... but depends on what you want to shoot.....

i think its more of a commercial centre in zurich....but there should be fountains and statues all over switzerland....

further down south in lausane may be better.... i remember can see the french alps from there and evian mineral water is bottled there .....

only one ans -> NO

Try Interlarken.

scenery at Interlaken is really beautiful.....
    also can try lucern.

Zurich is like a big city with shopping and stuff. the classically styled houses can be pretty photogenic.
    visit the lindt factory! you will get to sample some nice chocolate. they will also give you a free box as well!!

neber been to basel before...

zephyr
    Guests

Default Re: Any nice scenery to shoot in Zurich and Basel?

Originally posted by mpenza
    Would be going later this month.... but dunno whether it's a good idea to extend my stay in Zurich.......
    Zurich Airport pretty run downthe Alps.. the Alps.. damn magnificient!..

issit winter there now?

I went there once quite sometime back.....

Theres sorta a ice cravings thingy on a mountain....

But cant remember the exact location.. at the foot of the mountain looks quite nice to me.....

u could try taking pictures of the desolate FC Basel players once they get mauled by the mighty REDS!!!

hahahah ... oops .. out of point :P

Thanks guys!

Didn't have much time to extend to go to other places.... so guess I'll just make full use of the day I'm there. May visit Lucern (1 hour away)....
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Originally posted by tempest
    u could try taking pictures of the desolate FC Basel players once they get mauled by the mighty REDS!!!

u wished.... u wished....... i think draw game....

From Zurich you can set off to several destinations.

A good place to visit will be Luzern and Interlaken. Luzern is about 1 hr away from Zurich while Interlaken is rahter far off. Not sure if there is much to see at Interlaken in winter but you can definitely see some nice ski slopes.

Dat's the famous wooden bridge at Luzern

If you like the Alps you can get to mountain peaks from both these places. But I will say Jongfraujoch is a really nice mountain to visit, only set back, expensive. The cogwheel train u take up the mountains will bring u past a rather scenic route.

Dat's from Jongfraujoch.

Another place you can visit will be LAke of Constance approximately 90 mins from Zurich but I guess its probably too cold in winter and the lake might be frozen.

Geneve and Lausanne are nice places to visit if u have alot of time to spare cos the train ride is like 7 hrs. Zurich is around northeast and Geneve is Southwest.