Thread: Profile problems on laptop

Default Profile problems on laptop

hi guys,

i'm having some problems with my color profiles on my laptop. Hope you guys can help out.

I have a calibrated profile on my laptop using i-one. The problem is, the colors on PS CS is different from what I see on my external viewer (eg. acdsee, irfranview...etc)(has a magenta cast and slightly desaturated) . I have the exact same config on my PC, but on the PC, both colors are the same.

I think this may have been discussed before, but I can't find the thread. If someone knows how to solve this prob, do let me know k? TIA!

Default Re: profile problems on laptop

THis question has been asking quite a few times. But I still can tell you now. You go to Edit->Color Settings. Click on More Options, select Color Management Off from the setting drop down box. Under the Color Management Policies, turn all OFF and uncheck the ASk for whatever you can see.

if u wanna see the colours in other non-ICC aware applications in Windows (eg Windows Picture and Fax Viewer) as they are in PS, try this:

1. in PS, convert the profile to your monitor profile using Image -> Mode -> Convert to Profile. In the Destination Space drop down, select Monitor_**** (that was created by i1)

2. File -> Save As and uncheck "ICC Profile"

http://www.gretagmacbeth.com/mygmb/m...-downloads.htm

register, click on tutorial.

Download Color management in PS CS. Probably it will answer most of your questions.

Good luck

The last problem could be your laptop itself.

Laptop LCD panels are notorious for being not exactly very colour friendly. The best you can hope for is an approximation. LCD panels of that size/portability are unlikely to be able to display all the colours you can throw at it, especially if the LCD panel is greater than 2 years old.

You can tell just by looking at the yellowish cast of white pages from the really poor examples of the previous IBM thinkpad line.

I sold my old acer 370tm because it had the same problems. nothing you can do to correct it.

thanks guys for ur input i think my laptop display just can't make it for photo editing... kind of sad.

I'm using an Acer TM371

Quote Originally Posted by sonix
    http://www.gretagmacbeth.com/mygmb/m...-downloads.htm

register, click on tutorial.

Download Color management in PS CS. Probably it will answer most of your questions.

Good luck
    Do I have to register to get this?

Default Re: Profile problems on laptop

One note. IrfanView and some other programs don't show Adobe RGB images properly.
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by knoxknocks
    if u wanna see the colours in other non-ICC aware applications in Windows (eg Windows Picture and Fax Viewer) as they are in PS, try this:

1. in PS, convert the profile to your monitor profile using Image -> Mode -> Convert to Profile. In the Destination Space drop down, select Monitor_**** (that was created by i1)

2. File -> Save As and uncheck "ICC Profile"
    Just want to add that although this method will work, your pictures may look different if displayed on someone else's computer because their monitor profile is different from yours. If you wish to display those same pics on the web, then you would need to convert to SRGB profile so that the colours you see will be what other people see also.

Default Re: Profile problems on laptop

in order to have the similiar views. you need to look at color temp and Luminance.

but laptop screen works best if you get them to their native temp. if not, you can try force set to 6000 best if it's 6500. type not to go below 5500. would be too yellowish.

also take note not to have the lums below 140. best is if it's around 160-180. imac tends to drop to 120-140 if get to 6000-6500.

imac/powerbooks prefer working at 5000-5500 to get 160-180 luminance.

Quote Originally Posted by ouyang
    The last problem could be your laptop itself.

Laptop LCD panels are notorious for being not exactly very colour friendly. The best you can hope for is an approximation. LCD panels of that size/portability are unlikely to be able to display all the colours you can throw at it, especially if the LCD panel is greater than 2 years old.

You can tell just by looking at the yellowish cast of white pages from the really poor examples of the previous IBM thinkpad line.

I sold my old acer 370tm because it had the same problems. nothing you can do to correct it.
    abit like great lens with lousy body.