Thread: Lin Zhiling photo

Default Re: Lin Zhiling photo

forget "chio" lah.

LZL ho leng.

sounds much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Allegro
    Disgusting because this was what that old hokkien man in our kumpong (many years back, btw) used to describe his chickens whenever the chickens got into a fight. "WOW! that black one is very chio ah!!" (his SG hokkien was really rough)

anyway, nvm ... if you don't mind yr sis or gf being labeled as chio, by all means
    I'm not disputing your definition, but I just sort of find it strange. Cos most of us had never met that old hokkien man in your kampong and or used it to describe chickens. I've asked my friend from Fujian before, and according to him,

'chio' = 俏 as in 俊俏, 俏丽
    'hiao' = 娇 as in 娇美, 娇艳

They are quite normal words to describe girls actually. Much of our dialects are pretty much localized already, Most of time it's probably the tone of usage that make it sounds crude.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC
    Sigh.....he is an hobbyist like us. Not a pro, so I wouldnt go scrutinize his techniques. Met him in Taiwan before, in 1 of the shows. Very well informed guy in terms of the events.
    i also bump into him in Taipei last year, and probably was shooting just next to him, cos many of my shots got the same pose as his
    Last edited by Wai; 24th December 2005 at 02:10 PM.
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic
    I'm not disputing your definition, but I just sort of find it strange. Cos most of us had never met that old hokkien man in your kampong and or used it to describe chickens. I've asked my friend from Fujian before, and according to him,

'chio' = 俏 as in 俊俏, 俏丽
    'hiao' = 娇 as in 娇美, 娇艳

They are quite normal words to describe girls actually. Much of our dialects are pretty much localized already, Most of time it's probably the tone of usage that make it sounds crude.
    Juz realized me way OT. pardon my slight irritation over crude hokken.

yes, LZL is very swee..t
    Last edited by Allegro; 25th December 2005 at 06:47 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12