Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A photo reflects the photographer?

Default Re: A photo reflects the photographer?

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    i think you misunderstand that i understand that you understand about what you agree with him that he agrees with...
    I have never misunderstood about someone misunderstands me about what I misunderstand about a misunderstanding.

I hope you don't misunderstand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    I have never misunderstood about someone misunderstands me about what I misunderstand about a misunderstanding.

I hope you don't misunderstand that.
    I guess this misunderstanding is the result of an understanding of the misunderstood whom in turn misunderstand the understood and causing a outstanding problem making everybody stand...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

You guys are damn cheem man....

Anyway, i agree that the photos taken by a photographer over a period of time does reflects his/her personality to some extent. But just a single photo? Maybe not..

A series of photos? Hmm... I guess so.

There are ppl here who just can't get enuff of kids in action, there are ppl who juz love really moody shots over happy faces.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Let me attempt to revisit this thread.

In my opinion...the answer is a firm Yes.

If one were to observe a comprehensive collection of photographs from a photographer, one would be able to derive glimpses to his/her personality...his pysche. For example, if one were to view works by the famed Magnum photo agency photographer, Elliot Erwitt...one can see a consistent wit and humour in his images, and in the case of Robert Frank...one might be able to discern loneliness...sadness.

In a case where the photographer does personal work and commercial work.. i would feel that personal works would of course show more of his personal aesthetic and the commercial...a product of a successful collaboration between the client, stylist, art director,model, etc...at times with a compromise on the photographer's personal style.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    I guess this misunderstanding is the result of an understanding of the misunderstood whom in turn misunderstand the understood and causing a outstanding problem making everybody stand...

based on all u guys hav quoted.. i hope u all understand that i don't understand a thing out of the misunderstand of an outstanding problem which most disagree on a misunderstood agreement!

The simplicity of it all simply simplifies just how simple it is.
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

Quote Originally Posted by DT_
    based on all u guys hav quoted.. i hope u all understand that i don't understand a thing out of the misunderstand of an outstanding problem which most disagree on a misunderstood agreement!
    Oi enough lah...

I do feel that since the photographer tends to capture what intrestes him most (in the case of hobbyists) it would releact some degree of his personality..
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

If a photographer only shoots beautiful girls, what does that reflect?

He likes beautiful girls.

i think, to a degree it depends on what the photographer wants for the shot.

not every shot a photographer takes will be a reflection of his/her self, eg. documentary shots, art copy (eg. flat paintings), etc, i.e shots that are more "head" than "heart", if you know what i mean.

but there will be shots where a photographer needs to shoot from the "heart" (some say the soul), to inject his/her feelings, motivations and interpretation of the theme. Just try and conceptualise a photo or series themed "The Colour of Joy" or "Myself and I" and you may see what I am driving at.

to be creative means what? i think that there can't be any creativity if there is no engagement of one's self -> to be creative, (and to solve a problem creatively), involves the engagement and application of one's intelligence, personality, values (some see art in theft and debauchery) and interpretation of the problem, all of which are inherently personal and intrinsic to the individual.

so yes. i think a photo often is a reflection of the photographer.
    Last edited by smaerck; 18th January 2006 at 06:32 PM.

Have a nice day folks, lets make things happen, post more of your pictures!

to make sure he don't missunderstand, can understand?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12