Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: xxxger : what should i do? i ganna ...... ANGRY!

Deregistered

Default Re: xxxger : what should i do? i ganna ...... ANGRY!

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Like that I should go get a F5 and 28-70 f/2.8 so that no matter how I take my shots, it won't be newbie shot!!
    No no ... get the F6 + 28-70 F2.8 ... anyhow take also look nice lor .... haha
    The pic look pro, ... but i am still a newbies

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    it all a learning process,i think most people in their life will order something but comeout not what they wanted,so just learn from mistake lor.
    Ya lor .... big mistake !!!!
    So moody .... Should go tanglin mall take snow everyday and cool down

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by xxxger
    They already cut the negative into strips of 6 liao ... if i rejectes and reprint at others labs ..... if very troublesome to that printer wor ...
    Now i looking at the photo ... angry untill i cannot sleep lor ...
    are you sure? i wouldnt say i'm sure, but it doesn't make sense to me. otherwise labs dont need to do reprints for people already.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    are you sure? i wouldnt say i'm sure, but it doesn't make sense to me. otherwise labs dont need to do reprints for people already.
    ok .... what i mean is, ... when you want to print (36) photo from a 36 frame-uncut-negative, you just need to load in the whole negative at 1 time and scan ... and print.... that all.

Now the 36 frame have already cut into 6 potion liao, which mean you need to load in 6 times, take in and take out 6 times. And cutted-negative usually have some dirt on it, need to blow away the dirt ... ( so the time already already 3-4 times long than normal! )

That why reprint are usually more expensive than the first time, understand?
    Last edited by xxxger; 22nd December 2005 at 09:21 PM.

vince123123
    Guests

I think you should be more concerned abt the quality of prints you deliver to your customer rather than the trouble caused to the reprinter.

EDIT: And isn't it better to reject the original prints, save the $$, and use that $$ to do reprints? At most you only top up the difference.

And the neighbourhood labs I see dont' differentiate charging more from cut negs as opposed to whole roll. Maybe ur lab is the oddball.

ok .... what i mean is, ... when you want to print (36) photo from a 36 frame-uncut-negative, you just need to load in the whole negative at 1 time and scan ... and print.... that all.

Now the 36 frame have already cut into 6 potion liao, which mean you need to load in 6 times, take in and take out 6 times. And cutted-negative usually have some dirt on it, need to blow away the dirt ... ( so the time already already 3-4 times long than normal! )

That why reprint are usually more expensive than the first time, understand?
    Last edited by vince123123; 22nd December 2005 at 09:49 PM.

Deregistered

who cares how many times you need to reload the negatives? unless you're the operator...

Printing labs with such poor service standards are really ignorant fools when it comes to business. By failing in quality to one customer (especially if the customer is a photographer), the shop will lose even more potential businesses. Sometimes these people even count not figure out why their business is not as good as others.

If you are charging > $800, i'd advise you to absorb and re-print at good places. You then return them 2 sets of prints, let them know that it is you do not give out lousy stuff as you are a professional, let them know the trouble you had gone through for them just to deliver quality. Then ask for a testimonial. Keeping the customer happy is better than making them angry, those who paid a lot definitely will expect more. Good testimonials will get you much more weddings. I ever had one couple who recommended me so much in the forums that you will absolutely not believe the number of referrals she got me.....and then it continued to roll on and on. Some couples are really active.

1 or 2 very bad comments, that's it baby. Astala vista. Especially if you are a pro, cannot change company name etc... Think of the reputation rather than the $$$...it helps. I also made mistakes, i even printed more than the agreed number to make them happy....like eg promised 300 but i gave 432 as they paid additional $80/hr. Prints are cheap, testimonials aren't. Aim for the hype and marketing, not the present monetary benefits.
    Last edited by 2100; 24th December 2005 at 01:41 PM.

Since you stay Bukit Batok, ever going to Miao Lan to print before? past few prints i always went there.

I was so angry and pay and go, no take receipt ....
    Tomorrow will go ask for the receipt!!!
    you should only pay for processing. the prints you can reject.

Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    If you are charging > Prints are cheap, testimonials aren't. Aim for the hype and marketing, not the present monetary benefits.
    Right on, 2100.

You got the essence correct for xxxger as he is pro.

(just commenting as a hobbyist)

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex
    Right on, 2100.

Hehe....im also hobbyist lar. Just earning some extra $$$ as sideline, coz main job always get increment freeze and crap . Really bo bian. But my wife is running a biz so I learned a bit from her. Take 1 step back but gain 2 steps.

And usually couples view prints as very expensive, not sure why....maths no good? But it's true, bridal studio charges $50 for each extra 10 or 15R. I can get "18R" for 8 bucks, and i think some bros here can do it even cheaper!

Wah !! blacklisted (after i find out exactly where it is....)

Quote Originally Posted by funksoulava

Since you did not ask for or insist on 'Fuji Crystal Archive paper Supreme' when you send in your prints, you got nobody to blame but yourself.
    i think you are very wrong with this statement, when i sent in my negatives to print in any shop, be it a KM/Kodak/Fuji orientated shop, I would expect them to use the brand's paper to print, if not wat for are they carrying that brand name ? It is not as if they are shops like Singapore colours, whereby i would not expect such stuffs from them.

Is like you are telling me that you go to chicken rice seller and dun expect them to give you chicken rice and you must tell them i want Chicken rice! would you expect them to give you beef rice ? So they ran out of chicken rice, and they gave you beef rice, is it your fault that you nv tell them, "hey i want chicken rice!" is it????
    Panasonic G3 | Minolta X700 | Minolta X370 | Pentax Asahi Spotmatic | Pratika MTL 3 | Panasonic Lx3

hey gal, long time no chat,

no choice but to suck thumb la... next time dun go back to them... hate such unethnical merchants...

but you better reprint at your own cost man, the cost to reprint is small , compared to your reputation in the long run, no point bringing your reps down over 1 small deal! right ?
    Panasonic G3 | Minolta X700 | Minolta X370 | Pentax Asahi Spotmatic | Pratika MTL 3 | Panasonic Lx3

Quote Originally Posted by overcrash
    i think you are very wrong with this statement, when i sent in my negatives to print in any shop, be it a KM/Kodak/Fuji orientated shop, I would expect them to use the brand's paper to print, if not wat for are they carrying that brand name ? It is not as if they are shops like Singapore colours, whereby i would not expect such stuffs from them.

Is like you are telling me that you go to chicken rice seller and dun expect them to give you chicken rice and you must tell them i want Chicken rice! would you expect them to give you beef rice ? So they ran out of chicken rice, and they gave you beef rice, is it your fault that you nv tell them, "hey i want chicken rice!" is it????
    Ya lor,sometime people want white rice when eat,bowl or plate also must order clear meh? spoon or chopstick?
    So much for loyalty, do you really stick to the same lab?
    i rather try a few in case 1 day close shop.

If this happens to me & after all the conversation. I'll make sure I got the correct negatives back in hand 1st then walk out of the shop without paying any single cent.
    Whatever they want to do to the photos is not my business anymore. Cheers...
    Last edited by Spectrum; 24th December 2005 at 10:26 PM.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    If you are charging > $800, i'd advise you to absorb and re-print at good places. You then return them 2 sets of prints, let them know that it is you do not give out lousy stuff as you are a professional, let them know the trouble you had gone through for them just to deliver quality. Then ask for a testimonial. Keeping the customer happy is better than making them angry, those who paid a lot definitely will expect more. Good testimonials will get you much more weddings. I ever had one couple who recommended me so much in the forums that you will absolutely not believe the number of referrals she got me.....and then it continued to roll on and on. Some couples are really active.

1 or 2 very bad comments, that's it baby. Astala vista. Especially if you are a pro, cannot change company name etc... Think of the reputation rather than the $$$...it helps. I also made mistakes, i even printed more than the agreed number to make them happy....like eg promised 300 but i gave 432 as they paid additional $80/hr. Prints are cheap, testimonials aren't. Aim for the hype and marketing, not the present monetary benefits.
    Thank 2100, .... wo3 huo4 yi4 bu4 qian3 ...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex
    Right on, 2100.

Huh ? ...
    Please dun expect too much from me ...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by overcrash

heehee ... nice example
    ya lor ... we only tell them we want white chicken black chicken, where got tell them we want what rice?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast