Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 85

Thread: xxxger : what should i do? i ganna ...... ANGRY!

  1. #21
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: xxxger : what should i do? i ganna ...... ANGRY!

    I'm amazed leh.

    You know those are wedding shots, and to save some cash for earnings you send to a neighbourhood shop for developing + printing?

    It'd have been wiser to go for a professional or more trustworthy lab.

    Quit complaining, this is your own fault.

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Southen Sea
    Posts
    1,467

    Default Re: xxxger : what should i do? i ganna ...... ANGRY!

    If I were you, I will bite the bullet..

    Reprint it at other lab, to show your good service.

    Just remember don't go back to that shop again, try to ask around where are those good labs for a quality job? (if pay extra a bit, also better than now, sometimes good thing comes with cost, IMHO)

  3. #23
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: xxxger : what should i do? i ganna ...... ANGRY!

    xxxger,
    1. name the shop here to let every know.
    2. keep the lot they printed for you, log a complaint to FUJI.
    3. go to you secondary lab, tell them you sad story, ask them for a favor, re-print the whole lot and compromise will bring your future orders to them.
    4. let your customer know that you are not happy with the print out, and rejected the whole lot, so may have a slight delay for delivery. (to tell or not to tell is up to you, but don't tell them the whole story)
    I ever rejected or reprint the whole lot a few times, don't compromise the quality of you hardwork, sometime you have to make a loss, shallow your mistakes.

    Talk is easy, put it into action needs courage, soon your customers will know you are a creditable person, you will not worry about will people recommend you business anymore.

  4. #24

    Default Re: xxxger : what should i do? i ganna ...... ANGRY!

    1) Stop using film.
    2) Convert to DSLR.
    3) Process your own images on computer.
    4) Go to shop with good reputation and print (that is if you treasure the pics).

  5. #25

    Default Re: xxxger : what should i do? i ganna ...... ANGRY!

    Typical poor Singapore service ...
    sorry to hear your experience
    Last edited by centraljava; 22nd December 2005 at 02:03 PM.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    588

    Default Re: xxxger : what should i do? i ganna ...... ANGRY!

    That's the reason I only use Fotohub at Bukit Timah. But overall, due to slower business, printers in general are cutting cost.

    Previously, the now bought over RGB Colors, had reprinted for me due to poor color control.

    Scanning film only or going digital is not a good solution, the color control now became your responsibility and most experienced digital users would know that it is one of the most difficult part of digital photography.

  7. #27
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: xxxger : what should i do? i ganna ...... ANGRY!

    even so call PRO labs have their off days.
    if you see spots on the photos,i will be disappointed lor.


  8. #28

    Default Re: xxxger : what should i do? i ganna ...... ANGRY!

    Quote Originally Posted by xxxger
    Sound stupid if i go to fuji lab and print photo, and ask they have fuji paper anot and insist of fuji paper! Like i go fish stall and ask them have sell fish anot lor ...
    First and foremost, this should be posted under 'kopitiam' and not here.

    Since you did not ask for or insist on 'Fuji Crystal Archive paper Supreme' when you send in your prints, you got nobody to blame but yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by xxxger
    Boss : " if you not happy, can dun come here print, i also dun mind less you one customer" then he go take out alot of bag under table, at least 10 big bags, thry to prove that, his business is very good lor ....

    I was so angry, pay and leave, without say a word!
    Since he already said he didn't need your business, bring it somewhere else and stop being angry.

    Quote Originally Posted by xxxger
    They already cut the negative into strips of 6 liao ... if i rejectes and reprint at others labs ..... if very troublesome to that printer wor ...
    I don't see any problems with reprinting. If after the negatives are cut no reprints can be made then I think everybody will be storing their negatives in tins, uncut.

    Quote Originally Posted by xxxger
    I have to stick with the old one they printed for me, and give to my customer lor , if not, will be unfair to the another one who print for me, and charge at the reprint rate too ...

    But i have a feeling, i am deceiving my customers feeling lor ...
    Frankly speaking, I quite surprised that you actually gave the prints to your client. That's like selling defective goods to customers. I'm not sure whether will you get any referals from them.

    Quote Originally Posted by xxxger
    Cos the photo look yellow = my usual standard/skill drop
    Eh? I thought you always mentioned that you are a 'newbie' and ask people to list down their names if they wanted to see more of your 'newbie shots'?

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    I'm amazed leh.

    You know those are wedding shots, and to save some cash for earnings you send to a neighbourhood shop for developing + printing?

    It'd have been wiser to go for a professional or more trustworthy lab.

    Quit complaining, this is your own fault.
    I agree with espn. I sent my negatives to KT and asked for Fuji Crystal Archive Supreme Gloss paper. When I went to collect, they were printed on matt. I mentioned 'I thought I asked for matt paper' and they IMMEDIATELY printed another set on glossy paper. Now that's what I call service and distinguishes the pros from the wannabes.

    Live and learn. And send your prints to KT or other reputable labs in the future, if you value your clients and their business.
    Last edited by funksoulava; 21st December 2005 at 02:17 PM.

  9. #29

    Default Re: xxxger : what should i do? i ganna ...... ANGRY!

    Quote Originally Posted by erizai
    Reprint it at other lab, to show your good service.
    Yeah, i agree with erizai. The wedding couple isn't the one at fault, and they deserve good work.

    Don't have to reprint the whole 10 rolls, 360 prints might be too much for a wedding album. Since you have all printed out, maybe select 60-80 shots and re-develop them.

    Thanks for informing us. This shop will proberbly stay in clubsnap's hall of shame of sometime.

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,156

    Default Re: xxxger : what should i do? i ganna ...... ANGRY!

    xxxger, no worry lah.... don't need to have sleepless nites lah...
    Don't even have to be angry and complaint or whatever....

    Just bring down the negatives to some other lab to do the prints.
    I have encounter similar problem before too.... (with other lab).
    You can't blame the lab, cos they are serving neighbourhood customer, who does not print so regularly, and won't have anything to compare to. Those labs will cut corners to make alittle more profit. (How much you pay for those prints?? 25cts per piece??)

    Now I only stick to one lab when I do my print. Thats KT. The service from the shop is good, they remember each and every of their customer preference... And their color correction is very good... I don't even have to do anything for my digital shots.... I just need to pass them the CF card or CD, and they will do the rest for me. And they don't use sub standard paper. only supreme paper.

    Sometimes, if you really need to reprint, u really have to. Its not only about the profit we have for each job we do. Its a kind of responsibility, a kind of satisfaction when your client give you that sweet smile on the face when they look at the photos. Its an investment for more future references.... Anyway, its your call to reprint or not.

    Good Luck xxxger...
    And Merry Christmas...
    Francis Tan

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Oulu, Finland, Finland
    Posts
    6,299

    Default Re: xxxger : what should i do? i ganna ...... ANGRY!

    Quote Originally Posted by tkp77
    xxxger, no worry lah.... don't need to have sleepless nites lah...
    Don't even have to be angry and complaint or whatever....

    Just bring down the negatives to some other lab to do the prints.
    I have encounter similar problem before too.... (with other lab).
    You can't blame the lab, cos they are serving neighbourhood customer, who does not print so regularly, and won't have anything to compare to. Those labs will cut corners to make alittle more profit. (How much you pay for those prints?? 25cts per piece??)

    Now I only stick to one lab when I do my print. Thats KT. The service from the shop is good, they remember each and every of their customer preference... And their color correction is very good... I don't even have to do anything for my digital shots.... I just need to pass them the CF card or CD, and they will do the rest for me. And they don't use sub standard paper. only supreme paper.

    Sometimes, if you really need to reprint, u really have to. Its not only about the profit we have for each job we do. Its a kind of responsibility, a kind of satisfaction when your client give you that sweet smile on the face when they look at the photos. Its an investment for more future references.... Anyway, its your call to reprint or not.

    Good Luck xxxger...
    And Merry Christmas...
    Francis Tan

    yep. go reprint if u need to! KT's a good alternative.

    dun get too upset.

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    the other side
    Posts
    2,046

    Default Re: xxxger : what should i do? i ganna ...... ANGRY!

    Quote Originally Posted by funksoulava
    I agree with espn. I sent my negatives to KT and asked for Fuji Crystal Archive Supreme Gloss paper. When I went to collect, they were printed on matt. I mentioned 'I thought I asked for matt paper' and they IMMEDIATELY printed another set on matt paper. Now that's what I call service and distinguishes the pros from the wannabes.
    you meant they were initially printed on gloss right.

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Some equitorial, tropical isle
    Posts
    2,398

    Default Re: xxxger : what should i do? i ganna ...... ANGRY!

    Yeah... I sympathize with your plight.....

    BUT! How can you give the pictures to the client???

    To me, customer satisfaction is No. 1..... else I am just like this shop that use cheap papers....

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    490

    Default Re: xxxger : what should i do? i ganna ...... ANGRY!

    Lodge your complain with Fuji, they will do something about it.

  15. #35

    Default Re: xxxger : what should i do? i ganna ...... ANGRY!

    Quote Originally Posted by schon
    you meant they were initially printed on gloss right.
    muahahahhahaha.....type too fast leow corrected already, kam sia

  16. #36

    Default Re: xxxger : what should i do? i ganna ...... ANGRY!

    Quote Originally Posted by xxxger
    I sent 10 rolls of fujifilm iso200 to this fuji lab at Jurong east street 24 block 253 to develop and print ....
    This isnt a cs recommended lab It's your own fault by sending to them for printing

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: xxxger : what should i do? i ganna ...... ANGRY!

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    This isnt a cs recommended lab It's your own fault by sending to them for printing
    Which are the CS recommended lab? I like to know also.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: xxxger : what should i do? i ganna ...... ANGRY!

    I may know which lab it is.
    Lab may be testing you.
    I think it is cost cutting exercise > higher profit.

    He tells customers fuji no paper, so give you this.
    If customers accept, he gets $$$$ profit.

    Do you believe the story?
    Just ask Fuji is story true? They do not have paper?

    Yes, he lost 1 customer.
    It does not hurt him.
    You did not say what paper you want, so he got a way out to explain.

  19. #39

    Default Re: xxxger : what should i do? i ganna ...... ANGRY!

    Quote Originally Posted by zcf
    Which are the CS recommended lab? I like to know also.
    Grace, KT, ML, Ruby...

    fotohub and hotprint are quite good also

  20. #40
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ClubSNAP community
    Posts
    2,775

    Default Re: xxxger : what should i do? i ganna ...... ANGRY!

    Why would one go print elsewhere when he is so close to ML and KT...

    Eddie

    I really do not see any purpose for this thread, nor the patronage it receives.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •