Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carl Zeiss lenses for your SLR?

Default Re: Carl Zeiss lenses for your SLR?

Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    Sad isn't it? Kids these days only know of Zeiss through Sony products.......
    Soon they (the kids) will know them through Nokia

Unhappy Re: Carl Zeiss lenses for your SLR?

Uh huh. You mean Kyocera never paid Zeiss to use their lens on cameras like their Yashica T-series? ;-)
    I think you misintepreted me lah, I wrote that Sony pays Carl Zeiss, Sony does not pay Kyocera.

And what has Matsushita got to do with Sony?
    Nothing, just wanted to point out to you that it will be almost impossible for Sony to acquire Panasonic as you suggested. So far, based on what I have come across, Japanese companies generally do not merge unless it is necessary, and in most cases because one of the parties is in financial difficulty and the other has the financial capability.

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao
    I think you misintepreted me lah, I wrote that Sony pays Carl Zeiss, Sony does not pay Kyocera.
    oic..

Nothing, just wanted to point out to you that it will be almost impossible for Sony to acquire Panasonic as you suggested. So far, based on what I have come across, Japanese companies generally do not merge unless it is necessary, and in most cases because one of the parties is in financial difficulty and the other has the financial capability.
    Er, I did not suggest Sony acquire Panasonic..... I suggested that Sony acquires Zeiss.

Wow....

Carl Zeiss will be like Sigma and Tamron. Third party lenses . I hope the price is right.

What I like from Carl Zeiss is the coating for the lens' elements. It is different when you look into it. Red, blue, green colours render nicely on the elements.

Regards,
    Arto.

So... where's lenses for Minolta? The world doesn't just revolve around Canon & Nikon...
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Hmm, if you go to that Zeiss link today, they now say wait till Dec 28th for further news of their "ZF" product range. How silly.

See this link lah.

See this link lah.
    You're very powerful.

Hang on, the F in "ZF" is for the Nikon mount. <slaps forehead> Excellent.

I can imagine that they'll just be remounting their 'existing' manual focus range for the F mount.
    Last edited by kahheng; 21st December 2005 at 05:55 PM.

Anyway the Germans will usually never allow themselves to be bought out by anyone other than fellow Germans. There's too much national pride involved.

Maybe not out right but in part yes. Good Example Mercedes Benz by DaimlerChrysler an European/USA car group.

either way, no money to buy.....but then I'd really love to try an F6 with the new lens. Any chance it'd be a remounted N mount?

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888
    I have not been following Carl Zeiss much...it was some business article some time back. As it was just an article and not really about Nikon hehe..I just gave it a read and have not really follow up with it. Don't get me wrong. I like Carl Zeiss glass for years. I reckon them to be pretty similar to Leica's. I played with Contax and Yashica in the old days and the quality is really something unlike Jap made lens. But with production for certain glass going to Japanes brands..etc. Production of some of the glass is now done in Japan instead of Europe. Licencing of use of the brand. What I read included that standards might be compromise in some way and on the long run..what that effect might be. I hope not heh. Given if I do have more money I would not mind jumping from Nikon lens from Carl Z or Leica. There is a difference in the quality. I would not say it is wrong but it is just difference. I find european glass to be more natural to skin tone and great nature colour and Jap tend to be saturated, graphic and popping contrast. The last thing I was to see is the brand going the Japanese way.
    Agreed with you on european glass are more natural to skin tone.
    OT abit, I can be quite sure that my Leica 90mm f2.8 Elmarit should rank in top in that in Protraits!

Don't really think Sony will buy Zeiss...it's a totally different industry in what Sony does. Zeiss not only make camera lenses....they make microscopes, bino as well right? in general they make glass.
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    Agreed with you on european glass are more natural to skin tone.
    OT abit, I can be quite sure that my Leica 90mm f2.8 Elmarit should rank in top in that in Protraits!

Wah.....90mm f2.8... This is one damn sharp glass!!!! heheh. I know a guy who has one of this who swear never to sell it heh. If your model's hair is not properly done up...wah..you can pick out the stray hairs in the shot easy to your disatisfaction!...heheh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12