Thread: Fraud Alert: Two guys selling Home HIFI

Default Fraud Alert: Two guys selling Home HIFI

Remember the thread about the fraud involving two guys selling home hifi system? Okay well I was walking from the Bukit Merah Central Library back to the office when I had a van approach me. The passenger shouted "brother! You want home hifi system?"

Okay for the benefit of those who want to know more details.

Dark Green Mitsubishi Hiace van with no company markings. Quite beaten up look.
    Both guys wearing white polo shirt but very grubby looking with identical biege color caps.
    Both don't wear glasses and passenger is fair with pockmarked face. Driver didnt take a good look but has long hair.
    NUMBER PLATE IS GT3202B

Hope it helps

Talking Re: Fraud Alert: Two guys selling Home HIFI

so what were they trying to sell and what was the price?

Default Re: Fraud Alert: Two guys selling Home HIFI

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesyeo
    so what were they trying to sell and what was the price?
    i was approached for home theatre system..
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

If got people shout like that I would think it's free... haha...
    I will say OK LOH! I'LL TAKE IT!!

For those who are clueless, these two guys basically ask if you want cheap branded hifi systems. Claim that they need to get rid of the goods fast due to some reason. If you fall for it, you will find yourself with some **** up system. Anyway I didnt fall for the trick but read the thread here a few months back about this. And no one managed to get their license plate. So here it is the full works and details.

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg
    For those who are clueless, these two guys basically ask if you want cheap branded hifi systems. Claim that they need to get rid of the goods fast due to some reason. If you fall for it, you will find yourself with some **** up system. Anyway I didnt fall for the trick but read the thread here a few months back about this. And no one managed to get their license plate. So here it is the full works and details.
    mine was like...

hey bro, we got 1 extra set.. bring out from store liao.. dun wan bring back.. u interested ?? cheap cheap sell to u and WE can go home liao.. come come.. its behind only.. take a look.. no harm...

bla bla bla..
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Quote Originally Posted by sfhuang
    tis 1 'dark green van'
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Just reported to the police about the van I saw... hmmm seems that they know about it! Cos the officer who spoke to me didnt give me the "huh"? Instead he was like what colour is the van, when did you spot them..? etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03
    mine was like...

hey bro, we got 1 extra set.. bring out from store liao.. dun wan bring back.. u interested ?? cheap cheap sell to u and WE can go home liao.. come come.. its behind only.. take a look.. no harm...

bla bla bla..
    exact same word, met the 2 guys fitting the description @ petrol station @ kallang area in may.

question, do i look so stupid that i may be their potential victim??
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

This has been happening for quite some time liao.
    There're even some fellow who was cheated trying to re-sell it away at a higher price at Hardwarezone.

yeah, this is such a old scam. I'm a little surprise that people are still taken in by it.

Lends a little truth to the saying, " if its too good to be true, then it probably is."

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg
    Just reported to the police about the van I saw... hmmm seems that they know about it! Cos the officer who spoke to me didnt give me the "huh"? Instead he was like what colour is the van, when did you spot them..? etc etc

Good for you! I think you did the right thing.