Thread: xxxger : Need help in Car photography

Deregistered

Default xxxger : Need help in Car photography

hi all the experts there .... i need some help in car photography ...
    Like ... should it done indoor/outdoor ? use studio lighting/nature available light? reflection?

Default Re: xxxger : Need help in Car photography

indoor can... provided u got such a big place with a big tent... else u will see alot of the 'interior decoration', try renting a expo hall & get plenty of lights...

try shooting outdoor... punggol is a good area... drive all the way in... there is a big field inside... but must choose a day where clouds is great, soil is dry...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

I'm not a professional (anymoer) but have been involved in car shots, albeit some time ago.

Del_CtrlnoAlt is right, reflections are the killer in car photography. Just some things to look out for if shooting outdoors - colour cast from blue sky or ground (e.g. grass, etc), don't shoot the car directly from the side if you can avoid it, also if you intend to PS the picture aftwards, check what can be seen through car windows as this is harder to clear/manipulate then what is around the car, oh and don't forget the polarizer...

Bro, you just asked one of the most difficult questions.
    If you wanna do it outdoors, the location must be cleverly chosen. Look at car mags and you get an idea how you should position the car and how to compose the shot.
    To do it indoors, you need a big big studio. I am rather close to some of Singapore's best commercial photographers and have seen them shoot cars. To do it to high standards, you literally need hundreds of flash heads; some of which are fibre optics. Every little reflection and burst on flash on the car counts for something. The entire car is a huge mirror, so getting the shot to be spot-less is already a chore in itself. Imagine how you're gonna position the flashes so they don't appear as reflections.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartshape
    Bro, you just asked one of the most difficult questions.
    If you wanna do it outdoors, the location must be cleverly chosen. Look at car mags and you get an idea how you should position the car and how to compose the shot.
    To do it indoors, you need a big big studio. I am rather close to some of Singapore's best commercial photographers and have seen them shoot cars. To do it to high standards, you literally need hundreds of flash heads; some of which are fibre optics. Every little reflection and burst on flash on the car counts for something. The entire car is a huge mirror, so getting the shot to be spot-less is already a chore in itself. Imagine how you're gonna position the flashes so they don't appear as reflections.
    actually... a fxxking big piece of cloth can solve the problem... but another problem arises... where's the fxxking big piece of cloth?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Errr, any tips for shooting aeroplane?

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Errr, any tips for shooting aeroplane?
    Haha... Aeroplane, rocket, space shutter, missile, you name it. You can do that in your toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by photobum
    Haha... Aeroplane, rocket, space shutter, missile, you name it. You can do that in your toilet.

haha toy aeroplane isit? lol